Add minox??? - Page 3 - BaldTruthTalk.com
+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast
Results 21 to 30 of 47

Thread: Add minox???

  1. #21
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Sep 2011
    Location
    Ohio
    Posts
    3,125

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by ravegrover View Post
    Tracy - For how long can one expect to continue to see an improvement ?
    It's hard to say because it is so dependent on the length of the cycles each follicle goes through. So it could be quite some time - as long as you continue to respond to treatment. I've been treating my hair loss for over four years and I am still seeing improvement. Each time I get my hair done it looks a little bit better than it did the last time I got it done.

  2. #22
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Sep 2011
    Location
    Ohio
    Posts
    3,125

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Ktownmatti View Post
    Here it is..
    That picture is not good quality but it's enough to see what is going on.

    You probably should continue treatment for at least two years before considering transplant surgery. I see a lot of potential for thickening up.

  3. #23
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Dec 2012
    Posts
    153

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Tracy C View Post
    There is no need for debate. This has been known for a very long time. You can find all this information by simply reading the legitimate information that is available about Minoxidil from legitimate sources - like the instructions that came with the medicine. I am not making this stuff up. Read and learn. That's how I did it.

    This limitation to treating hereditary hair loss is specific to males. This does not apply to females... Why?.. The reason is because males normally develop a natural and normal adult mature male hair line. You know, that hair line that so many members refuse to accept exists in spite of the over whelming evidence to support it that is all around us... Everywhere!!! This natural and normal adult mature male hair line is not MPB. Minoxidil is for treating MPB and FPB. Minoxidil is not intended to prevent the natural and normal adult mature male hair line from developing. You need strong prescription anti-androgens and a doctors supervision to prevent that - or get yourself castrated. In fact males can accelerate the development of the natural and normal adult mature male hair line if they use Minoxidil to try to prevent it. Some members of this very forum learned this hard unpleasant fact the hard way.

    It is true that some males can regrow hair in their hair lines - but most males cannot. This has been known of Minoxidil for a very very very very long time. The reason is because the natural and normal adult mature male hair line is a natural and normal male physical trait. Like bigger hands, bigger feet, deeper voice, facial hair and so on. It is not MPB.

    If you are one of those lucky few males who has been able to regrow hair in your hair line with Minoxidil, that's great! I am very happy for you - but that is not the norm.


    I disagree, if DHT is acting on your hair then it's MPB, simple as that.
    Some guys bald very slowly, hence it could be called a 'mature hairline', but it's STILL MPB, just a slower rate of recession.

    There's no evidence anything called a 'mature' hairline exists, it's a misnomer, just a name for someone who's losing their hair slower than someone else.

    Also, the reason they can't claim on the insert of minox~ it works on the temporal regions is because no studies were ever done on that part of the head, so they wouldn't be allowed to make that claim.
    Though, everyone I've seen it working for, it's worked on any part of their head they've used it, or none of their head.
    It either works or it doesn't.

    I mean, look at this guy, he ONLY used it on his temple and mid area, and it worked fine.
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nc8yQzGqJX4
    It's also starting to work for me after about 4 months and a week?

    Red line represents the area that was completely devoid of any hair before starting minox.

    http://tinypic.com/r/w2ufm/6

  4. #24
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Jan 2012
    Posts
    447

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Tracy C View Post
    You probably should continue treatment for at least two years before considering transplant surgery. I see a lot of potential for thickening up.
    That's not bad advice really, seeing as there have been some examples of some fairly remarkable improvements using existing treatments.

    Also, in two years time we are likely to have a better understanding of what sort of better treatment options we'll have access to in the future...

  5. #25
    Member
    Join Date
    Oct 2012
    Posts
    81

    Default

    So Tracy, based on the pic, are still saying hold off on the minox ?

  6. #26
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Oct 2012
    Posts
    256

    Default

    ktown,

    just wanted to say thats a great head of hair for your age. I hope im there when im 40.

    itsmyhairs,
    I think mature hair lines do exist...a lot of guys hairlines recede a bit and then thats it for them in terms of loss, i.e. a mature hairline. keeping your "juvenile" hairline is something not a whole lot of guys do. However, yes, a mature hairline does qualify as male pattern baldness...they just bald to a NW2 and stop...just like some guys bald to a NW4 and stop and so on

    edit:

    no offense, strike that, im not turning 40 for 17 more years, so i hope to be a NW1 by then as a cure better have come out by the time im 40 :-p

  7. #27
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Sep 2011
    Location
    Ohio
    Posts
    3,125

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Ktownmatti View Post
    So Tracy, based on the pic, are still saying hold off on the minox ?
    Based on the pic that you provided. If I were you I would start using Minoxidil - but I would wait until after I had been using Finasteride and Nizoral for a full year. This will allow the hair you have time to strengthen up. Then start tapering up to the twice a day dose of Minoxidil in your mid-anterior area there - and your vertex if you are thin there as well. There is no harm in drying the medicine off of your fingers in your temples if you want to. Just don't expect much regrowth in your temples.

  8. #28
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Posts
    258

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Tracy C View Post
    I've been treating my hair loss for over four years and I am still seeing improvement. Each time I get my hair done it looks a little bit better than it did the last time I got it done.
    Thank you Tracy. You have cheered me up no end I will make post once I am past 12 months.

  9. #29
    Senior Member Exodus's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2012
    Location
    United Kingdom
    Posts
    318

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Tracy C View Post
    Based on the pic that you provided. If I were you I would start using Minoxidil - but I would wait until after I had been using Finasteride and Nizoral for a full year. This will allow the hair you have time to strengthen up. Then start tapering up to the twice a day dose of Minoxidil in your mid-anterior area there - and your vertex if you are thin there as well. There is no harm in drying the medicine off of your fingers in your temples if you want to. Just don't expect much regrowth in your temples.
    So Tracy, let me chuck this one at you. For those of us who are diffuse and have retained our mature hairline, but have thinned behind it on the crown/anterior/vertex, Nizoral, Minox, Rogaine or both?

  10. #30
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Sep 2011
    Location
    Ohio
    Posts
    3,125

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Exodus View Post
    So Tracy, let me chuck this one at you. For those of us who are diffuse and have retained our mature hairline, but have thinned behind it on the crown/anterior/vertex, Nizoral, Minox, Rogaine or both?
    If I were a guy I would first start with Propecia or generic Finasteride and Nizoral A-D shampoo or Regenepure shampoo. I would start with the pill once a day every other day for a while before ramping up to twice a day. I would use Nizoral A-D or Regenepure once a week in place of my regular shampoo. After being on the full daily dose of Finasteride for at least a full year. I would then re-evaluate my situation and if it looks stable but none has thickened up, then I taper onto Rogaine foam slowly over time.

Similar Threads

  1. 21 on fin, should i add minox?
    By peterpan in forum Introduce Yourself & Share Your Story
    Replies: 9
    Last Post: 01-25-2013, 02:10 AM
  2. 15% Minox
    By jayth in forum Hair Loss Treatments
    Replies: 21
    Last Post: 11-23-2012, 11:17 PM
  3. Ht, fin, smp, minox...
    By OneOff in forum Men's Hair Loss: Start Your Own Topic
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 06-21-2012, 12:09 PM
  4. Minox 5% vs 15%?
    By dan2to in forum Introduce Yourself & Share Your Story
    Replies: 5
    Last Post: 08-16-2011, 11:29 PM
  5. Shall I use minox?
    By Hurts in forum Introduce Yourself & Share Your Story
    Replies: 1
    Last Post: 04-13-2011, 06:38 PM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts

» IAHRS

hair transplant surgeons

» The Bald Truth

» Recent Threads

Am I a norwood 3v?
Today 03:32 PM
by Jimmy87
Last Post By Jimmy87
Today 03:32 PM
What is the MOST gentle shampoo?
07-01-2015 09:57 PM
Last Post By Avind1945
Today 11:30 AM
Deserve firm erection? Move to fildena
Today 03:53 AM
Last Post By fildenaus
Today 03:53 AM
Wanted advice on a good haircut style
05-26-2019 10:00 AM
Last Post By aboperdnom
Yesterday 11:31 PM