+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 ... LastLast

Thread: Add minox???

Quote Originally Posted by mmmcoffee View Post
    just for the sake of debating: why are you so adamant about that fact Tracy? wheres the scientific proof of that? What is anatomically different about your crown hair from your hairline hair that would warrant a different physical response?
    There is no need for debate. This has been known for a very long time. You can find all this information by simply reading the legitimate information that is available about Minoxidil from legitimate sources - like the instructions that came with the medicine. I am not making this stuff up. Read and learn. That's how I did it.

This limitation to treating hereditary hair loss is specific to males. This does not apply to females... Why?.. The reason is because males normally develop a natural and normal adult mature male hair line. You know, that hair line that so many members refuse to accept exists in spite of the over whelming evidence to support it that is all around us... Everywhere!!! This natural and normal adult mature male hair line is not MPB. Minoxidil is for treating MPB and FPB. Minoxidil is not intended to prevent the natural and normal adult mature male hair line from developing. You need strong prescription anti-androgens and a doctors supervision to prevent that - or get yourself castrated. In fact males can accelerate the development of the natural and normal adult mature male hair line if they use Minoxidil to try to prevent it. Some members of this very forum learned this hard unpleasant fact the hard way.

It is true that some males can regrow hair in their hair lines - but most males cannot. This has been known of Minoxidil for a very very very very long time. The reason is because the natural and normal adult mature male hair line is a natural and normal male physical trait. Like bigger hands, bigger feet, deeper voice, facial hair and so on. It is not MPB.

If you are one of those lucky few males who has been able to regrow hair in your hair line with Minoxidil, that's great! I am very happy for you - but that is not the norm.

Quote Originally Posted by Tracy C View Post
    If you are one of those lucky few males who has been able to regrow hair in your hair line with Minoxidil, that's great!
    see attached. 10months on Fin, Minox & Niz
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	28878c6754992b7aad9116bb99670b8e.jpg

Size:	22.9 KB
ID:	18894  

There is no need for debate. This has been known for a very long time. You can find all this information by simply reading the legitimate information that is available about Minoxidil from legitimate sources - like the instructions that came with the medicine. I am not making this stuff up. Read and learn. That's how I did it.

This limitation to treating hereditary hair loss is specific to males. This does not apply to females... Why?.. The reason is because males normally develop a natural and normal adult mature male hair line. You know, that hair line that so many members refuse to accept exists in spite of the over whelming evidence to support it that is all around us... Everywhere!!! This natural and normal adult mature male hair line is not MPB. Minoxidil is for treating MPB and FPB. Minoxidil is not intended to prevent the natural and normal adult mature male hair line from developing. You need strong prescription anti-androgens and a doctors supervision to prevent that - or get yourself castrated. In fact males can accelerate the development of the natural and normal adult mature male hair line if they use Minoxidil to try to prevent it. Some members of this very forum learned this hard unpleasant fact the hard way.

It is true that some males can regrow hair in their hair lines - but most males cannot. This has been known of Minoxidil for a very very very very long time. The reason is because the natural and normal adult mature male hair line is a natural and normal male physical trait. Like bigger hands, bigger feet, deeper voice, facial hair and so on. It is not MPB.

If you are one of those lucky few males who has been able to regrow hair in your hair line with Minoxidil, that's great! I am very happy for you - but that is not the norm.
    Tracy,
    I think there was some confusion (at least for me) that you were talking about the "mature hairline" and not anything beyond that (ie stage 3).

FWIW Hamilton agrees with you...here is some snippets I found on the net

This is from:
    "Effect of Castration in Adolescent and Young Adult Males Upon Further
    Changes in the Proportions of Bare and Hairy Scalp". James B. Hamilton. The Journal of Clinical
    Endocrinology and Metabolism, Volume 20, October, 1960.

"A study of 21 adolescent and young adult males, before castration and for eight to eighteen years
    afterwards, showed that after orchiectomy there was no development of male pattern baldness (MPB)
    nor of any grossly recognizable denudation of the scalp."

And what I think you were referring to:

"Even the usual frontal and frontoparietal recessions of the hair line failed to appear in the 3 males who
    had been castrated at 15 or 16 years of age when they still had Type 1 scalp hair. Failure of hair-line recession to develop in these 3 males during the succeeding 16 to 17 years is noteworthy, since 94% of
    intact males would have acquired bare areas on at least the anterior scalp."

But if they have already lost that hair then it's too late:

"After
    castration, no increase in the number of coarse hairs was detected in bald or sparsely-haired areas of
    the frontal hairline. It is concluded that the remedial value of drastic reduction in androgenic stimulation
    is probably nil with regard to return of coarse hairs which have been lost along the frontal hairline in
    young men."

They were stuck with what loss they had before the deed was done, but they didn't progress any further:

"The 14 males with small frontoparietal recessions at the time of orchiectomy did not acquire bare areas
    on the crown of the head or further extensions of frontal...recessions of the hairline."

Maybe I am using the wrong terms then Tracy - I am using it on the front of my scalp...corners of hairline...frontal lobe etc...i expect results there, i dont expect my receding hairline to regrow from a NW2 to a NW1. I agree the "mature" hairline exists, I have it. My hair is thinning and receding to a NW3, which I expect rogaine to help stop or slow down, not speed up.

and the directions for rogaine say dont use on hairline because it was never tested and FDA approved for use there...not because its not effective.

i am also on fin, however, which leads me to believe more in my potential results in the front with rogaine (+fin)

I guess I will hold off on the rogaine for a while.

I am pretty close to pulling the trigger on a transplant this summer, but I am still curious if I could be one of the lucky ones to benefit from rogaine upfront.

Quote Originally Posted by ravegrover View Post
    see attached. 10months on Fin, Minox & Niz
    That's wonderful. I am so happy for you and I can't wait to see how it looks after you have been treating it for a couple of years.

Quote Originally Posted by Ktownmatti View Post
    I am pretty close to pulling the trigger on a transplant this summer, but I am still curious if I could be one of the lucky ones to benefit from rogaine upfront.
    After reading some of the replies it would appropriate to know what
    up front" you are talking about. Do you have good quality pics that can help?

If you are talking about the natural and normal adult mature make hair line, most ethical doctors will not do a transplant for reversing that. But if it is more than that, doctors usually will correct it.

That's wonderful. I am so happy for you and I can't wait to see how it looks after you have been treating it for a couple of years.
    Tracy - For how long can one expect to continue to see an improvement ?

Here it is..
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	image.jpg

Size:	92.6 KB
ID:	18971  

I should add I'm 40, and have been thinning/receding since 24. I don't think minox or fin will help with the temples, but was hoping to thicken up the front somewhat.