Bimatoprost offers a novel approach for treating AGA?

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
    • Oct 2011

Bimatoprost offers a novel approach for treating AGA?

Balding causes widespread psychological distress but is poorly controlled. The commonest treatment, minoxidil, was originally an antihypertensive drug that promoted unwanted hair. We hypothesized that another serendipitous discovery, increased eyelash growth side-effects of prostamide F(2α)-related …

Related article ...

Anyway, do not expect that BIMATOPROST is able to reverse male pattern baldness!
    Best case scenario:
    "Works" similar effective for AGA as Minoxidil. Case closed.
  • Kiwi
    • Mar 2011

Originally posted by 534623
    http://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/23104985

Related article ...

Anyway, do not expect that BIMATOPROST is able to reverse male pattern baldness!
    Best case scenario:
    If it doesn't shed your hair like Minox you could argue its better.

Comment

• HARIRI
      • Nov 2012

I have good hopes for Bimatoprost, however the pigmentation sides I heard about freaks the hell out of me. Last thing I would wish is to get dark circles under my eye or anywhere else on my head. I hope Allergan solve this matter during the final development of the hair loss product. Thanks 534623 for bringing this up.

Comment

• GuyFromUK
        • Jul 2012

There is nothing to suggest that any hair grown will not still be susceptible to the damage of DHT. Eye lashes are very different to scalp hair in that they are not attacked by DHT. Bimatoprost might prove effective in growing scalp hair, but without propecia sooner or later this new hair will probably be attacked by DHT.

I think the best we can hope for is that bimatoprost can go further than minoxidil and can re-grow hair on relatively slick bald spots. I don't think bimatorprost will ever become a replacement for propecia as it doesn't fight DHT. However, if bimatoprost can prove more effective than minoxidil at regrowing hair on a slick bald scalp or temples then propecia could perhaps be used alongside it to keep this new hair in place.

This would be a dream come true for bald men around the world and could still help turn an NW6 to an NW1!

Comment

• Kirby_
          • Jan 2012

Originally posted by GuyFromUK
          I think the best we can hope for is that bimatoprost can go further than minoxidil and can re-grow hair on relatively slick bald spots. I don't think bimatorprost will ever become a replacement for propecia as it doesn't fight DHT. However, if bimatoprost can prove more effective than minoxidil at regrowing hair on a slick bald scalp or temples then propecia could perhaps be used alongside it to keep this new hair in place.
          Pretty much anything that comes out in the near future in terms of meds will need combination treatment with other medications, that's pretty much a given.

Bim sounds like it'll be overpriced and under-powered if it is FDA approved for hairloss, but hey, at least it'll be something new to the mix. Progress is very slow.

Comment

• Pate
            • Sep 2011

Originally posted by 534623
            Best case scenario:
            Been posted before, more than once.

Nobody expects it'll reverse MPB.

But the best case scenario is that it works like minox but with much higher regrowth, because it is a direct PGE analogue instead of an indirect one like Minox.

And since 0.03% bim has a similar effect as 5% minox, there is good reason to hope higher concentrations will work significantly better.

The pigmentation side effect is a worry though... I won't be trying it until after Phase III.

Comment

Working...