+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by yeahyeahyeah View Post
    I am really struggling with the thought of my hairloss progressing.

I am a NW2, with decent hair, but its now getting to the point where I am constantly living in fear over it.
    Go to therapy and stay away from hair loss forums. Live your life to the fullest regardless of how your hair looks. Many men have done so for thousands of years.

Quote Originally Posted by Tracy C View Post
    Go to therapy and stay away from hair loss forums. Live your life to the fullest regardless of how your hair looks. Many men have done so for thousands of years.
    That doesnt take away the fact that I dont want to lose my hair.

I dont understand why people cant understand this, and just say, 'go to therapy'. It's like losing a limb.

Its so unfair how some guys lose their hair, whilst other guys keep it, like David Beckham, Ronald Reagen, Bill Clinton etc.

As a woman who suffered with hairloss, doesn't it piss you off that most women dont have hairloss?

That doesnt take away the fact that I dont want to lose my hair.

I dont understand why people cant understand this, and just say, 'go to therapy'. It's like losing a limb.

Its so unfair how some guys lose their hair, whilst other guys keep it, like David Beckham, Ronald Reagen, Bill Clinton etc.

As a woman who suffered with hairloss, doesn't it piss you off that most women dont have hairloss?
    You're right. I have no idea why she tells people to go to therapy - she's obviously not qualified to diagnose mental illness over the internet. Further, I'm fairly sure mental care is extremely expensive and would be an asinine use of funds if unwarranted.

However, if you're feeling so mentally unstable you might hurt yourself or others, then you should definitely seek help (I don't feel like that's the case).

Being bummed out about hair loss and even mildly obsessive doesn't constitute the need to seek expensive mental consultation - I actually think it's a relatively natural response in today's society. Otherwise, every single person who is a regular member of this forum would be due for a therapy session. I think it's normal to be observant of your hair loss, to want to do something about it, and to feel deprived when comparing yourself to others or your former, hairy self - I feel the same way (I guess I'm due for therapy!)

We're all here to help one another cope, share experiences both good and bad, and get through hair loss one way or another.

We're here for you, man.

I've never heard of anyone "sweating their hair out" at the gym so in that respect don't worry. Whats the point in going if you're holding back in case a hair falls out. It's not the exercise doing it it's the DHT.
    Also why torture yourself on photo shop? Try using it to see what you look like with a buzz cut. You're going to have to accept it at some point man. We've all done the bitter and upset thing, the more you obsess over it the more time you waste obsessing over it. So you don't have a Norwood zero, neither do I, neither do half the male population. I remember obsessing over my hairline when I was in my twenties, it's a horrible feeling one I never intend to go back to. It's much more comfortable accepting who I am now instead of stressing over what I don't have. Try it.

Quote Originally Posted by BigThinker View Post
    You're right. I have no idea why she tells people to go to therapy - she's obviously not qualified to diagnose mental illness over the internet. Further, I'm fairly sure mental care is extremely expensive and would be an asinine use of funds if unwarranted.

However, if you're feeling so mentally unstable you might hurt yourself or others, then you should definitely seek help (I don't feel like that's the case).

Being bummed out about hair loss and even mildly obsessive doesn't constitute the need to seek expensive mental consultation - I actually think it's a relatively natural response in today's society. Otherwise, every single person who is a regular member of this forum would be due for a therapy session. I think it's normal to be observant of your hair loss, to want to do something about it, and to feel deprived when comparing yourself to others or your former, hairy self - I feel the same way (I guess I'm due for therapy!)

We're all here to help one another cope, share experiences both good and bad, and get through hair loss one way or another.

We're here for you, man.
    Definitely a normal response, especially for us younger guys...we've got the worst of it all (in the potential for more aggressive balding the younger is starts + the social stigma)...and its absolutely better/normal to be observant of your hair loss...I never understood the guys who said they "held a mirror over their head one day and there was a huge bald spot" how do they not notice it/feel it when it was first forming and thinning? Certainly don't want to obsess too much, however. Just set realistic expectations for your regimine...i.e. hope for maintaining, maybe get lucky and regrow a little.

No you don't need therapy, and also keep in mind your hair always will look "worse" to you than other people. Its so blindingly obvious to me that i am going bald yet none of my friends besides the ones ive told have noticed...etc.

Quote Originally Posted by Kayman View Post
    I've never heard of anyone "sweating their hair out" at the gym so in that respect don't worry. Whats the point in going if you're holding back in case a hair falls out. It's not the exercise doing it it's the DHT.
    Also why torture yourself on photo shop? Try using it to see what you look like with a buzz cut. You're going to have to accept it at some point man. We've all done the bitter and upset thing, the more you obsess over it the more time you waste obsessing over it. So you don't have a Norwood zero, neither do I, neither do half the male population. I remember obsessing over my hairline when I was in my twenties, it's a horrible feeling one I never intend to go back to. It's much more comfortable accepting who I am now instead of stressing over what I don't have. Try it.
    Tried it looked horrible. I basically look like Ross from friends. Imagine him bald!

BUT, with new treatments coming out soon, I am hopeful that I can take advantage of them.

Doing so would be counterproductive and that wouldn't do me or anybody else any good. Therapy helps more than you might think it does. Just getting out into the sunshine and living your life to the fullest in spite of this helps a lot more than you might think it does.

Inactive

He's afraid to go to the gym since many hypothesize that an increase in T levels through weightlifting means an increase in DHT. I've also seen some say that since T is used to rebuild/build muscle, there is less T available to be converted into DHT. We really don't know for sure.

Anyway OP, you're not on fin? I don't see how in the hell you are planning on maintaining your hair if you're unwilling to use both fin and RU. Nothing can save you. You're obviously depressed by hair loss, why are you unwilling to treat it?

It is as simple as this man:
    Exercising will hurt your hair. But you will be more healthy and feel way better about yourself.
    Not exercising will also hurt your hair. And you will feel like a piece of shit!

Maybe just consider having an exercising regimen that does not involve extremely heavy lifting. Get jacked but get lean bro! Don't forget your cardio!

Quote Originally Posted by Dan26 View Post
    It is as simple as this man:
    Exercising will hurt your hair. But you will be more healthy and feel way better about yourself.
    Not exercising will also hurt your hair. And you will feel like a piece of shit!

Maybe just consider having an exercising regimen that does not involve extremely heavy lifting. Get jacked but get lean bro! Don't forget your cardio!
    Thats a point,I lost my most hair about 3 years ago when I was not exercising.

Does cardio help?

I need to do weights tbh to get jacked. Naturally skinny.

And for the other poster about fin - sides.