Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • yeahyeahyeah
    • Nov 2011

Originally posted by Kayman
    I've never heard of anyone "sweating their hair out" at the gym so in that respect don't worry. Whats the point in going if you're holding back in case a hair falls out. It's not the exercise doing it it's the DHT.
    Also why torture yourself on photo shop? Try using it to see what you look like with a buzz cut. You're going to have to accept it at some point man. We've all done the bitter and upset thing, the more you obsess over it the more time you waste obsessing over it. So you don't have a Norwood zero, neither do I, neither do half the male population. I remember obsessing over my hairline when I was in my twenties, it's a horrible feeling one I never intend to go back to. It's much more comfortable accepting who I am now instead of stressing over what I don't have. Try it.
    Tried it looked horrible. I basically look like Ross from friends. Imagine him bald!

BUT, with new treatments coming out soon, I am hopeful that I can take advantage of them.

Comment

• Tracy C
      • Sep 2011

Originally posted by yeahyeahyeah
      As a woman who suffered with hairloss, doesn't it piss you off that most women dont have hairloss?
      Doing so would be counterproductive and that wouldn't do me or anybody else any good. Therapy helps more than you might think it does. Just getting out into the sunshine and living your life to the fullest in spite of this helps a lot more than you might think it does.

Comment

• Aames
        Inactive
        • Nov 2012

He's afraid to go to the gym since many hypothesize that an increase in T levels through weightlifting means an increase in DHT. I've also seen some say that since T is used to rebuild/build muscle, there is less T available to be converted into DHT. We really don't know for sure.

Anyway OP, you're not on fin? I don't see how in the hell you are planning on maintaining your hair if you're unwilling to use both fin and RU. Nothing can save you. You're obviously depressed by hair loss, why are you unwilling to treat it?

Comment

• Dan26
          • Jul 2012

It is as simple as this man:
          Exercising will hurt your hair. But you will be more healthy and feel way better about yourself.
          Not exercising will also hurt your hair. And you will feel like a piece of shit!

Maybe just consider having an exercising regimen that does not involve extremely heavy lifting. Get jacked but get lean bro! Don't forget your cardio!

Comment

• yeahyeahyeah
            • Nov 2011

Originally posted by Dan26
            It is as simple as this man:
            Exercising will hurt your hair. But you will be more healthy and feel way better about yourself.
            Not exercising will also hurt your hair. And you will feel like a piece of shit!

Maybe just consider having an exercising regimen that does not involve extremely heavy lifting. Get jacked but get lean bro! Don't forget your cardio!
            Thats a point,I lost my most hair about 3 years ago when I was not exercising.

Does cardio help?

I need to do weights tbh to get jacked. Naturally skinny.

And for the other poster about fin - sides.

Comment

• Dan26
              • Jul 2012

Does cardio help?

Honestly man all kinds of exercise are better than no exercise. Whether you want to just lift, or mix in cardio. Probably a good idea to do a bit of both man.

Comment

• Kayman
                • Dec 2012

Does cardio help?

If you are skinny eat big, lift heavy, small amounts of cardio, calories calories calories. It's not going to hurt your hair honestly. Hit the gym and enjoy it.

Comment

• yeahyeahyeah
                  • Nov 2011

If you are skinny eat big, lift heavy, small amounts of cardio, calories calories calories. It's not going to hurt your hair honestly. Hit the gym and enjoy it.
                  So why do people say it causes HL?

Comment

• Aames
                    Inactive
                    • Nov 2012

So why do people say it causes HL?
                    See my post on page 2. Lifting temporarily spikes T, which could be converted to DHT. Would this make a difference after a few sessions? No. But lift consistently for a few years, and the constant spikes might accelerate hair loss. We don't know if it's even enough to make a difference.

Comment

• Kayman
                      • Dec 2012

Originally posted by Aames
                      See my post on page 2. Lifting temporarily spikes T, which could be converted to DHT. Would this make a difference after a few sessions? No. But lift consistently for a few years, and the constant spikes might accelerate hair loss. We don't know if it's even enough to make a difference.
                      They say the same thing about masturbation and sex causing spikes in testosterone, these spikes are not going to accelerate your hair loss, you're not going to lift weights and have your hair fall out just like you wont wank yourself bald. If you were juicing on steroids then yes hair loss would be a possibility because you're injecting large amounts of testosterone into your body but as a natural weight lifter the amount of T you produce from lifting naturally isn't going to do anything to your hair it's being produced to help repair and rebuild muscle.

Comment

• yeahyeahyeah
                        • Nov 2011

They say the same thing about masturbation and sex causing spikes in testosterone, these spikes are not going to accelerate your hair loss, you're not going to lift weights and have your hair fall out just like you wont wank yourself bald. If you were juicing on steroids then yes hair loss would be a possibility because you're injecting large amounts of testosterone into your body but as a natural weight lifter the amount of T you produce from lifting naturally isn't going to do anything to your hair it's being produced to help repair and rebuild muscle.
                        Thanks.

Is this for a fact?

Sounds logical.

Comment

• Kayman
                          • Dec 2012

Thanks.

Is this for a fact?

Sounds logical.
                          Yes the spike in testosterone is not significant or prolonged enough to have an effect on your hair loss and the T you produce is being put to use it's not going to hang around your scalp or anything.

Comment

• Aames
                            Inactive
                            • Nov 2012

Yes the spike in testosterone is not significant or prolonged enough to have an effect on your hair loss and the T you produce is being put to use it's not going to hang around your scalp or anything.
                            You misunderstood me. Obviously, the temporary spike will not make a difference. We are talking about the long-term effects of lifting weights consistently and the rise in T/DHT that it could bring due to increased muscle mass. It is entirely possible that this could make your hair loss more aggressive. Whether or not this makes a difference when taking DHT-blockers further complicates the issue.

Comment

• yeahyeahyeah
                              • Nov 2011

Friend lifted my hair up today, and say my M shape. Told me I was losing my hair.

So the people who say no one can notice at a norwood 2 are talking out of their ass. But who cares tbh, I think the problem with everyone in this forum, is that they are deriving their happiness from the opinions of others.

That is a losing battle in itself.

When, the key is to find things you are passionate about and derive your happiness from that.

Hoepfully Aderans and histogen will come through so that I can restore my hairline to a NW1 in a few years.

Comment

• yeahyeahyeah
                                • Nov 2011

Originally posted by Aames
                                You misunderstood me. Obviously, the temporary spike will not make a difference. We are talking about the long-term effects of lifting weights consistently and the rise in T/DHT that it could bring due to increased muscle mass. It is entirely possible that this could make your hair loss more aggressive. Whether or not this makes a difference when taking DHT-blockers further complicates the issue.
                                My brother doesnt lift, and is a year older, his hairline is exactly the same. his hair is still thick.

So I am not sure if it is just purely genetic tbh.

I lost my most hair in 2009/2010, when I was lifting.

Comment

Working...