+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by yeahyeahyeah View Post
    Thats a point,I lost my most hair about 3 years ago when I was not exercising.

Does cardio help?

I need to do weights tbh to get jacked. Naturally skinny.

And for the other poster about fin - sides.
    Honestly man all kinds of exercise are better than no exercise. Whether you want to just lift, or mix in cardio. Probably a good idea to do a bit of both man.

Thats a point,I lost my most hair about 3 years ago when I was not exercising.

Does cardio help?

I need to do weights tbh to get jacked. Naturally skinny.

And for the other poster about fin - sides.
    If you are skinny eat big, lift heavy, small amounts of cardio, calories calories calories. It's not going to hurt your hair honestly. Hit the gym and enjoy it.

Quote Originally Posted by Kayman View Post
    If you are skinny eat big, lift heavy, small amounts of cardio, calories calories calories. It's not going to hurt your hair honestly. Hit the gym and enjoy it.
    So why do people say it causes HL?

Inactive

So why do people say it causes HL?
    See my post on page 2. Lifting temporarily spikes T, which could be converted to DHT. Would this make a difference after a few sessions? No. But lift consistently for a few years, and the constant spikes might accelerate hair loss. We don't know if it's even enough to make a difference.

Quote Originally Posted by Aames View Post
    See my post on page 2. Lifting temporarily spikes T, which could be converted to DHT. Would this make a difference after a few sessions? No. But lift consistently for a few years, and the constant spikes might accelerate hair loss. We don't know if it's even enough to make a difference.
    They say the same thing about masturbation and sex causing spikes in testosterone, these spikes are not going to accelerate your hair loss, you're not going to lift weights and have your hair fall out just like you wont wank yourself bald. If you were juicing on steroids then yes hair loss would be a possibility because you're injecting large amounts of testosterone into your body but as a natural weight lifter the amount of T you produce from lifting naturally isn't going to do anything to your hair it's being produced to help repair and rebuild muscle.

They say the same thing about masturbation and sex causing spikes in testosterone, these spikes are not going to accelerate your hair loss, you're not going to lift weights and have your hair fall out just like you wont wank yourself bald. If you were juicing on steroids then yes hair loss would be a possibility because you're injecting large amounts of testosterone into your body but as a natural weight lifter the amount of T you produce from lifting naturally isn't going to do anything to your hair it's being produced to help repair and rebuild muscle.
    Thanks.

Is this for a fact?

Sounds logical.

Thanks.

Is this for a fact?

Sounds logical.
    Yes the spike in testosterone is not significant or prolonged enough to have an effect on your hair loss and the T you produce is being put to use it's not going to hang around your scalp or anything.

Inactive

Yes the spike in testosterone is not significant or prolonged enough to have an effect on your hair loss and the T you produce is being put to use it's not going to hang around your scalp or anything.
    You misunderstood me. Obviously, the temporary spike will not make a difference. We are talking about the long-term effects of lifting weights consistently and the rise in T/DHT that it could bring due to increased muscle mass. It is entirely possible that this could make your hair loss more aggressive. Whether or not this makes a difference when taking DHT-blockers further complicates the issue.

Friend lifted my hair up today, and say my M shape. Told me I was losing my hair.

So the people who say no one can notice at a norwood 2 are talking out of their ass. But who cares tbh, I think the problem with everyone in this forum, is that they are deriving their happiness from the opinions of others.

That is a losing battle in itself.

When, the key is to find things you are passionate about and derive your happiness from that.

Hoepfully Aderans and histogen will come through so that I can restore my hairline to a NW1 in a few years.

Quote Originally Posted by Aames View Post
    You misunderstood me. Obviously, the temporary spike will not make a difference. We are talking about the long-term effects of lifting weights consistently and the rise in T/DHT that it could bring due to increased muscle mass. It is entirely possible that this could make your hair loss more aggressive. Whether or not this makes a difference when taking DHT-blockers further complicates the issue.
    My brother doesnt lift, and is a year older, his hairline is exactly the same. his hair is still thick.

So I am not sure if it is just purely genetic tbh.

I lost my most hair in 2009/2010, when I was lifting.