+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Need advice

Default Need advice

Ok so im 20 years old and i have been taking propecia for about nine months now. I first noticed i was thinning a bit on the top of me head and slightly reciding on one side of my hairline about 2 years ago but tried to convice myself otherwise for a year.
    I experianced a small shed at around the 3 month mark but looking back i think because i had read all about the shedding stage i was expecting it so i probably didnt actually shed anymore hair and i was just being over critical
    From then on my hair loss seemed to stop and i forgot about and got on with my life for the most part, i mean i had a few bad days.
    Then at the start of december (8th month) i noticed my hair started shedding and has been now for almost two months, iv tried to convice myself that it is supposed to happen but my hair is now really thin on top to the point where im surprised noone has said anything to me. So im really just looking for some advive/reassurance, is it possible that this is just the shed most people experiance at 3 months but my body has taken longer to respond to propecia? Either way im going to stick it out until the year but any response would be much appreciated thanks

Thinking about starting on minox as well

Quote Originally Posted by reedy22 View Post
    Ok so im 20 years old and i have been taking propecia for about nine months now. I first noticed i was thinning a bit on the top of me head and slightly reciding on one side of my hairline about 2 years ago but tried to convice myself otherwise for a year.
    I experianced a small shed at around the 3 month mark but looking back i think because i had read all about the shedding stage i was expecting it so i probably didnt actually shed anymore hair and i was just being over critical
    From then on my hair loss seemed to stop and i forgot about and got on with my life for the most part, i mean i had a few bad days.
    Then at the start of december (8th month) i noticed my hair started shedding and has been now for almost two months, iv tried to convice myself that it is supposed to happen but my hair is now really thin on top to the point where im surprised noone has said anything to me. So im really just looking for some advive/reassurance, is it possible that this is just the shed most people experiance at 3 months but my body has taken longer to respond to propecia? Either way im going to stick it out until the year but any response would be much appreciated thanks
    I have heard of people going through occasional sheds with propecia every few months apart, random sheds also seem to happen with propecia also so it's likely this is what you're experiencing.

Thinking about starting on minox as well
    This will initially increase your shed

cheers for the reply i know your supposed to wait a year to see if it really is working but its hard when your hair starts shedding. would you recomend starting minox after this shed (hopefully) finishes?

cheers for the reply i know your supposed to wait a year to see if it really is working but its hard when your hair starts shedding. would you recomend starting minox after this shed (hopefully) finishes?
    Yeah you can always try minox they say the two work together well and nizoral shampoo also. Just be prepared that minox also induces a shedding phase however if your hair has just been through one with propecia it may not make a difference as your hair will have already been through its shedding phase. To be honest if I were you I'd start using the minoxidi now.