+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 11 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 ... LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by Kayman View Post
    Then you say " yeah I'm going bruce willis, what do you think about a buzzcut?" You never know you might get lucky and she might like shaved heads.
    It's funny she did mention 4 actors she found really hot were Vin Diesel, Bruce Willis, Jason Stratum and Tom Hardy

3/4 baldies though, not bad odds right?

Fair enough they are all stacked, but I am fairly muscley.

Quote Originally Posted by Breaking Bald View Post
    It's funny she did mention 4 actors she found really hot were Vin Diesel, Bruce Willis, Jason Stratum and Tom Hardy

3/4 baldies though, not bad odds right?

Fair enough they are all stacked, but I am fairly muscley.
    Man come on why are you stressing? She likes the baldies, if you suggested one day you were going to shave your head I would bet she would encourage you

Man come on why are you stressing? She likes the baldies, if you suggested one day you were going to shave your head I would bet she would encourage you
    Yeah, tell her that your thinking about shaving your head and see how she reacts to it.

Yeah I dunno man, probably because she sounds waaaaay too good to be true...and she is young like me (23) and i just can't imagine any girl liking bald guys.

Not a bad idea Dex and Kayman

I appreciate your input btw guys! Very grateful!!

No worries mate I did a little but I tried, just try not to get hurt. You seem like you have a good heart, if this doesn't work out then on to the next one. Just keep in mind that not all girls are the same.

Yeah I dunno man, probably because she sounds waaaaay too good to be true...and she is young like me (23) and i just can't imagine any girl liking bald guys.
    She's already said she likes a bald man, maybe she's already thinking "I cant wait until he shaves that head" just kidding, just relax be yourself, make a light hearted comment or two about your hair loss and see how she reacts. Personally I don't think you have anything to worry about. If she mentions any of those guys again say something like "Yeah I'll be going for the same look soon enough, my hairs getting kind of thin, probably shave it off soon". Then it's done it's out in the open. But most important, drop that concealer don't be tempted to put it on the next time you meet her.

You're very intuitive Dex if you can tell that about me from a forum, kudos. Seeing as the forum doesn't always bring the best out of me. I'll let let you guys know what happens in the following weeks

1) Wear concealer all the time? But then she will find out eventually right?
    2) Run away!! And be forever lonely...
    3) Wait till she sees it herself?
    4) Straight up tell her and ask her if she is bothered by it?

****ing mpb man 'destroyer of normal life'. I hate this shit! Why can't I just have a normal life!!
    1) I don't know much about concealer, but I could never imagine using concealer or a wig. I couldn't even imagine the embarrassment that would ensue if a girl found out, especially if while on a date/at a social even. My gut says no.
    2) No. Just now. I've known a handful of guys who pushed girls away for various reasons and it's a vicious snowball. Learn to be the man.
    3) Sure, why not. If it's visible, you probably need to get used to it. Arm yourself with a witty response and practice a cool demeanor.
    4) No. Randomly pointing out that your balding would have to come off as self-conscious. God, please don't do this.

I wanted to address your last sentence also. I've given this a lot of though in respect to my own life. I would think, "I'm so unlucky to be balding - I'm so underprivileged." But, thinking back farther, I can remember being 22 with a full set of hair, and worrying about my clothes, or muscles, or my nose, or my skin, or my hair (how it's styled), other facial aesthetics, etc, etc, etc. I'm certain that if you weren't worried about hair, you'd be worried about something else. We have to learn to just not be worry warts.

I saw some guy post something along the lines of "I'm getting my Bruce Willis on", or whatever. I think it's perfectly legit to arm yourself with a rehearsed, clever response that you can throw back at her without skipping a beat in conjunction with a mild smirk.

Here's a cool article I'm almost positive has already been posted:http://news.menshealth.com/why-bald-...es/2012/07/18/ The hyperlink is pretty descriptive.

Good luck, my friend. Maybe she'll be cool with your thinning or maybe she won't even notice, and all of your hairloss fears will be leveled for eternity. It's definitely not impossible to get girls when your bald - most of the pessimistic whiners on this site just havn't the guts to change their world, or have developed a nasty habit of dwelling in their own misfortunes.

Unhappy

Speaking from experience, my last gf noticed it when the wind blew my hair out of its regular style. I'm not trying to scare you, just giving my sad experience. The following conversation haunts me to this day.

"Oh my god, are you going bald?" - gf
    "Just starting to, I think"- me
    "Oh no! You'll look like a naked mole rat" - gf

She dumped me shortly thereafter. I can't say if that had anything to do with it but it's been eating away at me. Having her find out was my worst nightmare. You have to tell her though, because she's going to find out eventually. If you get too invested in her and she's shallow enough to care, you're only going to get hurt.

Edit: It may just be something to do with her being a teenager, I hope women are less shallow than girls my age or I'll be single forever.
    Last edited by youngandearly; 01-22-2013 at 05:43 PM. Reason: forgot to add