Met a girl, what to do about mpb???? Help!

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • dex89
    • Jul 2012

No worries mate I did a little but I tried, just try not to get hurt. You seem like you have a good heart, if this doesn't work out then on to the next one. Just keep in mind that not all girls are the same.

Comment

• Kayman
      • Dec 2012

Originally posted by Breaking Bald
      Yeah I dunno man, probably because she sounds waaaaay too good to be true...and she is young like me (23) and i just can't imagine any girl liking bald guys.
      She's already said she likes a bald man, maybe she's already thinking "I cant wait until he shaves that head" just kidding, just relax be yourself, make a light hearted comment or two about your hair loss and see how she reacts. Personally I don't think you have anything to worry about. If she mentions any of those guys again say something like "Yeah I'll be going for the same look soon enough, my hairs getting kind of thin, probably shave it off soon". Then it's done it's out in the open. But most important, drop that concealer don't be tempted to put it on the next time you meet her.

Comment

• Breaking Bald
        • Aug 2012

You're very intuitive Dex if you can tell that about me from a forum, kudos. Seeing as the forum doesn't always bring the best out of me. I'll let let you guys know what happens in the following weeks

Comment

• BigThinker
          • Oct 2012

1) Wear concealer all the time? But then she will find out eventually right?
          2) Run away!! And be forever lonely...
          3) Wait till she sees it herself?
          4) Straight up tell her and ask her if she is bothered by it?

****ing mpb man 'destroyer of normal life'. I hate this shit! Why can't I just have a normal life!!
          1) I don't know much about concealer, but I could never imagine using concealer or a wig. I couldn't even imagine the embarrassment that would ensue if a girl found out, especially if while on a date/at a social even. My gut says no.
          2) No. Just now. I've known a handful of guys who pushed girls away for various reasons and it's a vicious snowball. Learn to be the man.
          3) Sure, why not. If it's visible, you probably need to get used to it. Arm yourself with a witty response and practice a cool demeanor.
          4) No. Randomly pointing out that your balding would have to come off as self-conscious. God, please don't do this.

I wanted to address your last sentence also. I've given this a lot of though in respect to my own life. I would think, "I'm so unlucky to be balding - I'm so underprivileged." But, thinking back farther, I can remember being 22 with a full set of hair, and worrying about my clothes, or muscles, or my nose, or my skin, or my hair (how it's styled), other facial aesthetics, etc, etc, etc. I'm certain that if you weren't worried about hair, you'd be worried about something else. We have to learn to just not be worry warts.

I saw some guy post something along the lines of "I'm getting my Bruce Willis on", or whatever. I think it's perfectly legit to arm yourself with a rehearsed, clever response that you can throw back at her without skipping a beat in conjunction with a mild smirk.

Here's a cool article I'm almost positive has already been posted:http://news.menshealth.com/why-bald-...es/2012/07/18/ The hyperlink is pretty descriptive.

Good luck, my friend. Maybe she'll be cool with your thinning or maybe she won't even notice, and all of your hairloss fears will be leveled for eternity. It's definitely not impossible to get girls when your bald - most of the pessimistic whiners on this site just havn't the guts to change their world, or have developed a nasty habit of dwelling in their own misfortunes.

Comment

• youngandearly
            • Dec 2012

Speaking from experience, my last gf noticed it when the wind blew my hair out of its regular style. I'm not trying to scare you, just giving my sad experience. The following conversation haunts me to this day.

"Oh my god, are you going bald?" - gf
            "Just starting to, I think"- me
            "Oh no! You'll look like a naked mole rat" - gf

She dumped me shortly thereafter. I can't say if that had anything to do with it but it's been eating away at me. Having her find out was my worst nightmare. You have to tell her though, because she's going to find out eventually. If you get too invested in her and she's shallow enough to care, you're only going to get hurt.

Edit: It may just be something to do with her being a teenager, I hope women are less shallow than girls my age or I'll be single forever.
            Last edited by youngandearly; 01-22-2013, 06:43 PM. Reason: forgot to add

Comment

• Dan26
              • Jul 2012

Bro, if she notices it or mentions it, or if you think she notices it and feel comfortable throwing it out there, just do it with confidence! Have a sense of humor about it, don't act as though it bothers you. If she really likes you she will see right past it man.

Comment

• mmmcoffee
                • Oct 2012

just let it happen in casual conversation, dont be too forward about it like everyone said, but dont try and hide it. imagine how relieved you'll be when you find out its not a big deal to her.

my 23 year old friend and his gf have been together since college where he went from a NW2 to a NW5 over the past 4-5 years...theyre still together and hes going to wife her up soon. i dont think it matters as much as people think to women...if they like you, then hair is just a thing on your head

Comment

• Aames
                  Inactive
                  • Nov 2012

You're not on fin are you? Why don't you just bite the bullet and deal with your hair-loss? I never understood why people would use concealers instead of real treatments.

Comment

• Dan26
                    • Jul 2012

Originally posted by Highlander
                    Do not mention the hair loss, whatever you do. Not even as a joke.
                    Lmao, can always count on you for a laugh man!!!

Comment

• itsmyhairs
                      • Dec 2012

Originally posted by Dan26
                      Lmao, can always count on you for a laugh man!!!
                      He's right though.

He's got to get some relationship capital up his sleeve before he shows his balding card, or she'll run like the wind.

Comment

• Breaking Bald
                        • Aug 2012

Thanks for the continued replies

youngandearly, I am very sorry to hear that but as you say she was a teenager and sounds very immature judging from her response.

Aames, I am not on fin no, I'm not risking it. When you say bite the bullet do you mean go on fin? Or just deal with my hair loss?

Highlander, you're probably right, but she is very down to earth and I feel like it wouldn't be a big deal if I did mention it.

So I guess I am gonna take most peoples advice and wait until she notices. Not gonna cover it up anymore to anybody which is a step forward in my eyes.

If it comes up and I'm gonna just be light hearted, confident and have a sense of humour about it as suggested by you all.

aaaannd hopefully it won't bother her , if it does? Well I will be extremely crushed!
                        I am getting very tempted to just shave it all down to grade 1 as it becoming increasing difficult to make it look half decent and style it.

Comment

• Kayman
                          • Dec 2012

Originally posted by Highlander
                          Do not mention the hair loss, whatever you do. Not even as a joke.
                          Ignore this

Comment

• Kayman
                            • Dec 2012

Originally posted by itsmyhairs
                            He's right though.

He's got to get some relationship capital up his sleeve before he shows his balding card, or she'll run like the wind.
                            And ignore this

Comment

• Kayman
                              • Dec 2012

Not gonna cover it up anymore to anybody which is a step forward in my eyes.

If it comes up and I'm gonna just be light hearted, confident and have a sense of humour about it as suggested by you all.

I am getting very tempted to just shave it all down to grade 1 as it becoming increasing difficult to make it look half decent and style it.
                              Sounds like you're on the road to acceptance, you're going to gradually start feeling better about yourself.

Comment

• BigThinker
                                • Oct 2012

Originally posted by Kayman
                                And ignore this
                                Exactly what I was thinking: Like either of those two clowns knows shit about women. You can easily defuse the situation of talking about your balding by making a playful joke and/or talking about it in a chill, calculated, confident manner. Any guy who doesn't think confidence overrides most mild aesthetic flaws needs to get off the internet and lose their V-card.

Comment

Working...