+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast

Hybrid View

Bro, if she notices it or mentions it, or if you think she notices it and feel comfortable throwing it out there, just do it with confidence! Have a sense of humor about it, don't act as though it bothers you. If she really likes you she will see right past it man.

just let it happen in casual conversation, dont be too forward about it like everyone said, but dont try and hide it. imagine how relieved you'll be when you find out its not a big deal to her.

my 23 year old friend and his gf have been together since college where he went from a NW2 to a NW5 over the past 4-5 years...theyre still together and hes going to wife her up soon. i dont think it matters as much as people think to women...if they like you, then hair is just a thing on your head

Inactive

You're not on fin are you? Why don't you just bite the bullet and deal with your hair-loss? I never understood why people would use concealers instead of real treatments.

I'm nervous about a date I have tomorrow night.

I've been balding for 10 years but Rogaine got me through 8 years so I maintained my confidence. Rogaine stopped working 2 years ago and my hair looks stupid now and I have no confidence. Been struggling to meet girls over the last 2 years.

Anyway I made out with a cute lady last Saturday night and am going out with her tomorrow. First proper date since my hair has looked this bad. Not feeling good about it

To the above, well if you made out with her then she must know what your hair looks like? Dude Im sure you'll be fine.

Now I on the other hand am getting looks from people in their 40s. Sigh.

Quote Originally Posted by kanyon View Post
    Rogaine stopped working 2 years ago...
    Rogaine stopped working, because you were terribly sloppy with the application and sometimes you were not using it for months. Now you pay the consequences.

Please, add this "detail" to every your post. You could mystify potential disciplined minoxidil users, who would get a distorted idea about this medication.

Default I gotta jump in here

Dont do anything about it. Bringing it up will make her aware of your insecurity on balding. And dont try to hide it either because then she will say "what else is he hiding".

You should cook for her. That will put her mind to work on what a cool dude you are. Chicks like guys that can cook.

Okay dude, just say she finds out you are balding and decides not to take things further she's doing yourself a favor. Trust me if she's the right women, she will not give a shit if your going through baldness, just explain your feelings with her if your insecure, don't be a girl about it though. Take her out for a couple of wines and play the question game.

The only city that matters in Canada. Eh?!

Tell her to STFU and suck your ****! If shes DTF, great. If shes not, she ain't worth shat!

Quote Originally Posted by Breaking Bald View Post
    1) Wear concealer all the time? But then she will find out eventually right?
    2) Run away!! And be forever lonely...
    3) Wait till she sees it herself?
    4) Straight up tell her and ask her if she is bothered by it?

****ing mpb man 'destroyer of normal life'. I hate this shit! Why can't I just have a normal life!!
    1) I don't know much about concealer, but I could never imagine using concealer or a wig. I couldn't even imagine the embarrassment that would ensue if a girl found out, especially if while on a date/at a social even. My gut says no.
    2) No. Just now. I've known a handful of guys who pushed girls away for various reasons and it's a vicious snowball. Learn to be the man.
    3) Sure, why not. If it's visible, you probably need to get used to it. Arm yourself with a witty response and practice a cool demeanor.
    4) No. Randomly pointing out that your balding would have to come off as self-conscious. God, please don't do this.

I wanted to address your last sentence also. I've given this a lot of though in respect to my own life. I would think, "I'm so unlucky to be balding - I'm so underprivileged." But, thinking back farther, I can remember being 22 with a full set of hair, and worrying about my clothes, or muscles, or my nose, or my skin, or my hair (how it's styled), other facial aesthetics, etc, etc, etc. I'm certain that if you weren't worried about hair, you'd be worried about something else. We have to learn to just not be worry warts.

I saw some guy post something along the lines of "I'm getting my Bruce Willis on", or whatever. I think it's perfectly legit to arm yourself with a rehearsed, clever response that you can throw back at her without skipping a beat in conjunction with a mild smirk.

Here's a cool article I'm almost positive has already been posted:http://news.menshealth.com/why-bald-...es/2012/07/18/ The hyperlink is pretty descriptive.

Good luck, my friend. Maybe she'll be cool with your thinning or maybe she won't even notice, and all of your hairloss fears will be leveled for eternity. It's definitely not impossible to get girls when your bald - most of the pessimistic whiners on this site just havn't the guts to change their world, or have developed a nasty habit of dwelling in their own misfortunes.