+ Reply to Thread

Default Nizoral Vendors?

Hey, can anyone recommend a decent place to order nizoral?

I have been using 5% minoxidil for 2 months now, and this stuff builds up, making flakes. I have super curly hair, so it's hard to get out. I tried using some t-gel but doesn't seem to do the trick.

My crown looks thinner than when I started actually. My hairlines is maintaining on the left side, but the right receded slightly in the corner. The entire right side of my crown actually looks thinner than the left. Is that normal for MPB? The sides/back are OK. Just crown and right side of hairline are going.

I am 2 months into 1.25mg/day finasteride & 5% twice a day.

Any other suggestions? How long before the crown hair fills in w/ Rogaine? Can anyone let me know what % of hair grew back for them with this stuff? Not feeling optimistic, but I know it's only been two months of these treatments.

Quote Originally Posted by holidayrandy View Post
    Hey, can anyone recommend a decent place to order nizoral?
    If you want to use the full 2% prescription strength, just ask your doctor for a script and you can get it at your local pharmacy.

If you want to use the 1% non-prescription strength, that can usually be purchased at your local pharmacy. However there is currently a supply shortage of the 1% version. I do not know when that supply shortage will be resolved.

There is a shampoo called Regenepure that has almost as much Ketoconazole in it as the 1% non-prescription strength Nizoral. Many guys prefer Regenepure over Nizoral. Regenepure is much more expensive than 1% Nizoral though. Regenepure can be purchased directly from Regenepure's web site.

I have been using 5% minoxidil for 2 months now, and this stuff builds up, making flakes.
    This sometimes happens with some generic brands of liquid 5% Minoxidil - and even name brand 5% liquid Rogaine. I've never had that problem myself. Try changing brands or using the foam and see if the problem goes away.

My crown looks thinner than when I started actually.
    Temporary shedding is a normal part of treating hereditary hair loss. The hair that sheds out usually grows back thicker than it was before it shed out. It takes a long time though.

Rogaine does not work very well in the hair line for males. Rogaine works best in the vertex and mid-anterior areas for males.

How long before the crown hair fills in w/ Rogaine?
    It takes four to six months before you will know if you are able to grow any hair back. It takes 12 to 18 months before you will know how much hair you are able to grow back.

Can anyone let me know what % of hair grew back for them with this stuff?
    There is no "one size fits all" answer to this question. There are too many other factors that effect how much hair you will be able to grow back. But here is some tib-bits that might help you:

The younger you are, the more likely you are to be able to grow back hair that has been lost to MPB.

The less amount of time it has been since your MPB started, the more likely you are to be able to grow back some of the hair that was lost to MPB.

The less hair you have lost to MPB, the more likely you are to be able to grow back what you have lost.

Thanks for the information, Tracy. Much obliged.