+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Unhappy I keep hoping...

Hi all,

So I started to lose my hair since 18 y, from then I am in a continue depression. Right now I'm 23 and probably my hair is worst possible. I tried many treatements....but nothing.

First I started easy, with some solution(like castor oil, vitamin A oil) and some tincture (birch )...a few months...but in vain.

Then...I understood that is something serious about my dht...so I strated with Alopexy 2%, 4-5 months...but nothing my hair still falling(of course were weak treatments )

so...

In the coming years I used Spectral- dnc, revita, some natural shampoo, vitamins,saw palmeto, etc. ...still nothing my hair...fly awaay

In 2011 I started to use Rogaine foam, for about 6-7 months. So I slowed down a little bit, my hair loss...but no regrowth! Ok so after 6-7 months, I stoped to use rogaine. In the coming months my hair started again to fall really bad.

So In January 10 2013 I started again to use Rogaine foam (1-2 times a day) but after a long research on the internet, I added a few things : Nizoral Shampoo1% (2-3 times a week) and some supliments like Biotin 5mg, Saw Palmetto 450mg,Green Tea 630 Mg and Niacin 500mg. I seriously considered starting with finasteride but then I said, no it is too risky, because I heard many bad storyes about your libido and so...

Ok so my regimen is 12 days now and I've noticed a thing...again I slowed down my hair loss.

I really don't know how good is this treatment, but I keep hoping.
    What do you think, is good or not?

PS: I found some serious discussion on some forums about PDG2 protein that can cause hair loss(new research in 2012), have anyone tried something against this pdg2?
    And I found some discussion about medication that are pretty good and for many people worked : (Latisse and OC000459).

PS2: sorry for my english

Hi and welcome.

We are all on your side. We too feel the pain of losing hair. But fortunately, now we can do something about it.

I went down the hair transplant road. But at age 23 I think you might be too young still. There are many on here who can provide you excellent advice on medications that you can take to slow down hair loss and even promote re growth

Just wait for others to come and give you better advice than I can on minoxidil and Propecia and the other medications.

Quote Originally Posted by flr View Post
    Hi all,

So I started to lose my hair since 18 y, from then I am in a continue depression. Right now I'm 23 and probably my hair is worst possible. I tried many treatements....but nothing.

First I started easy, with some solution(like castor oil, vitamin A oil) and some tincture (birch )...a few months...but in vain.

Then...I understood that is something serious about my dht...so I strated with Alopexy 2%, 4-5 months...but nothing my hair still falling(of course were weak treatments )

so...

In the coming years I used Spectral- dnc, revita, some natural shampoo, vitamins,saw palmeto, etc. ...still nothing my hair...fly awaay

In 2011 I started to use Rogaine foam, for about 6-7 months. So I slowed down a little bit, my hair loss...but no regrowth! Ok so after 6-7 months, I stoped to use rogaine. In the coming months my hair started again to fall really bad.

So In January 10 2013 I started again to use Rogaine foam (1-2 times a day) but after a long research on the internet, I added a few things : Nizoral Shampoo1% (2-3 times a week) and some supliments like Biotin 5mg, Saw Palmetto 450mg,Green Tea 630 Mg and Niacin 500mg. I seriously considered starting with finasteride but then I said, no it is too risky, because I heard many bad storyes about your libido and so...

Ok so my regimen is 12 days now and I've noticed a thing...again I slowed down my hair loss.

I really don't know how good is this treatment, but I keep hoping.
    What do you think, is good or not?

PS: I found some serious discussion on some forums about PDG2 protein that can cause hair loss(new research in 2012), have anyone tried something against this pdg2?
    And I found some discussion about medication that are pretty good and for many people worked : (Latisse and OC000459).

PS2: sorry for my english
    Finasteride, Minoxidil, Nizoral, those are what will help you with hairloss, nothing else.

^^^ this man speaks the truth. Don't waste your money on natural hair loss products, they don't work. Also keep in mind that there is no product what will give you regrowth in the temple/hairline area. Those products kayman listed are products that will alter hairloss like it did to mine. If your trying to get your hairline back, transplant is your only answer at the moment.

You shouldn't of stopped using rogaine at all. You need to give it time, took me about a whole year till my hair loss stopped.

Thanks for your answers !!

I heard about those BIG 3: Rogaine, Nizoral and Finasteride (from these 3 I use Rogaine and Nizoral) but...

I just want to know if fin. can be replaced with something else.I read somewhere that saw palmetto may have a similar effect as fin.

I read that saw palmetto and grean tea pills can reduce DHT from your scalp, that's why I use them. and finaly I use niacin to stimulate blood circulation from the scalp.

If that was the case, no one will be taking FIN. Fin is way more effective, give it a go. If you have sides from the medication, stick threw it like I did(4 months).

I'm a little afraid about fin. but eventually I'll talk to my doctor about this...and I hope to be everything good, about my libido .

Of course I'm waiting for good news about hair loss and I expect new informations and updates about pgd 2 protein (I heard that could be finally, a cure for hair loss related with this pgd2 protein)

thank you for your consideration !

Don't rely on your doctor or people on forums to give you sound advice on forums. I will just leave it at that.

Quote Originally Posted by flr View Post
    I'm a little afraid about fin. but eventually I'll talk to my doctor about this...and I hope to be everything good, about my libido .

Of course I'm waiting for good news about hair loss and I expect new informations and updates about pgd 2 protein (I heard that could be finally, a cure for hair loss related with this pgd2 protein)

thank you for your consideration !
    One option, that I am considering with increasing seriousness as my hair deteriorates, is clipping your dome with no guard, getting buffed up, and do everything you can do set yourself up with an enjoyable and lucrative career. As someone around your age, I feel that guys our age whose hair thins out until it's see through and still try to grown their hair out to hide it look like fools - this coming from a dude with a less than ideal skull shape.

Otherwise, look to the "Big 3", as previously stated. There's a wealth of information on them on this site.

Best regards, my guy.

anyway,

I still hope to regain my hair at least 50%. Is difficult to be in a continue depression for 5-6 years and it was hard to have a normal life. I tried to be indifferent, I tried to focus on other things...but everything I do...my hair is the main subject.

I will continue with some updates, some pictures with my situation(on my treatement) in the coming months, so I hope to be better.

thank you fellas