+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3

Quote Originally Posted by clarence View Post
    534623: Well.. you had some grafts placed in the forelock back then, it appears, or at least at the central hair line. But those guys who have no grafts placed into the forelock at the time of the transplant, will prove Dr. Rassman wrong, when their balding progresses.
    Correct. In 1997/98, it was my 4th and last small strip procedure (GAME OVER, because the tension between the strip scars or in general in the donor area, was already too strong) they placed also some so called mini/micro grafts, which consist of up to 6 follicles per graft (mostly they are in a row), were also placed in the forelock area, because the forelock area started suddenly to thin out a little bit during this time. So all in all the progress of my hairloss has always been - even just rather slowly - like a battle against windmills.

Quote Originally Posted by clarence View Post

I'm talking about guys like me, who - in a quite abrupt manner - currently have 100% density behind the green line, and yet, these guys are all forehead in front of the green line. Not such a good idea to get a transplant now, unless the plan includes to have another one in the future, hmm Dr. Rassman?
    The so called "plan" is the point. Where will you hairloss end up - and WHEN?

Everything you can do is trying Propecia 3 times a week (completely enough) for at least 2 years. But how can you know that Propecia works for you when there is still "100% density" in all the other areas? I had the same almost 10 years in my 20s - WITHOUT propecia.

The most "permanent solution" is simply by replacing the "zombies" STEP-BY-STEP and doing this - always just with a very very wisely (graft-) calculation. Otherwise you will end up with "Rassman's formula".

By the way - permanent solution:
    All the rather "patchy" looking hairs in my front area (without these hairs, I would be completel bald in the front area), which you can see in the pic, especially those in the temple areas, these transplanted hairs are now 22 years old - and have still completely the same characteristics as the hairs in the donor area. They are not thinner or something.

I'm just saying, the conditions and consequences of hair transplantation seem fairly easy to grasp even without being some Socrates of hair restoration, but this Rassman seems to have some superior understanding which allows him to transplant most people in such a way, that their hair pattern will look completely natural forever, even if additional surgery is excluded.

Burtandernie, I couldn't agree with you more. That ISHRS is so full of shit. I get such a kick out of how they say that stem cell therapy won't be available in the near future. They are so full of it, and I have no doubt that they are saying this because it is in the best interest of a lot of these HT surgeons to put forth this misleading propaganda. They figure that if people are told that stem cell hair therapy or non-invasive hair regrowth methods will not be available anytime soon, then more people will rush out and get hair transplants rather than wait for new, more innovative, and much less invasive ways to regrow hair. And we all know that when these stem cell therapies become available, these archaic hair transplants will become nearly obsolete and many doctors that are performing them will take huge hit in their pocketbook and lose so many potential customers/patients. And when these new treatments come to fruition, a lot of these HT doctors will lose lots of business and a ton of money. And no one wants to lose money or stop making as much money, and that's why the ISHRS spreads this kind of misleading information.

I don't think that the ISHRS is a very reputable organization either. I mean, look at some of the doctors who are members. Dr. Orentreich is a member and this is the same doctor who tried to convince Spencer (who almost had a full head of hair at the time) to "try out" a few plugs. And the doctor who defamed the American Hair Loss Association and butchered and disfigured many HT patients was also a member until he had his practice shut down not too long ago.

I remember hearing Spencer say that he felt compelled to start up the American Hair Loss Association partly as a response to all of bullshit and corruption that he saw within the hair restoration industry. Although I'm no advocate of Spencer's stature at all, I feel the need to write what I write on this forum because of all the bullshit and corruption that I still see going on in the hair restoration industry.

Alright, I'll get off of my soapbox now. (--:

Quote Originally Posted by Desmond84 View Post
    Seriously!!!!!!!!!

If Aderans initiates its Phase 3 by Dec 2013 we will have it on the market by Dec 2015!

Where did these guys get 8-10 years from?!

If Histogen initiates its Phase 3 by Dec 2013 we will have it FDA approved by Dec 2015!!!!

Guys, this meeting sounds like a bunch of hair transplant fanboys getting together and counting how much money they made this year giving ppl limited hair and ruining their lives once their hairloss progresses!

Regardless of all this, we will know where Histogen and Aderans stand by June this year! Stay positive guys!

You really hit the nail on the head, Desmond, and I totally agree with you.