+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast

Thanks a lot Desmond84, If I am an asset then you are the ultimate asset to this forum. I'm just curious, what do you do for living? You have huge medical knowledge as it seems you are a medical scientist.

Anyways, Enlighten us always with your unlimited knowledge in hair restoration field :-)

Quote Originally Posted by Desmond84 View Post
    Seriously!!!!!!!!!

If Aderans initiates its Phase 3 by Dec 2013 we will have it on the market by Dec 2015!

Where did these guys get 8-10 years from?!

If Histogen initiates its Phase 3 by Dec 2013 we will have it FDA approved by Dec 2015!!!!

Guys, this meeting sounds like a bunch of hair transplant fanboys getting together and counting how much money they made this year giving ppl limited hair and ruining their lives once their hairloss progresses!

Regardless of all this, we will know where Histogen and Aderans stand by June this year! Stay positive guys!

Agreed Desmond. If Aderans and Histogen can show us solid results then I see no reason, other than the bureaucracy of bodies such as the FDA, why these treatments cannot be with us much sooner than 8 or 10 years. Histogen has already documented some solid results and if they can improve on these then it could be entirely plausible that we have some treatment by 2015/16. If the concept of stem cell therapy/HM refers to some revolutionary process of multiplying hair cells in a petri dish and injecting them back in to one's scalp, resulting in a full head of hair, then yes, perhaps this is a while away. 8 - 10 years is just a timescale thrown in flippantly to dismiss the possibility of HM raining on their parade IMO.

I see these meetings as nothing more than a bunch of big wigs trying to maintain the status quo. I see none of the newer available procedures such as Gho or Nigam's techniques were mentioned and this only reinforces my skepticism of these meetings.

The lack of debate over ANY new potential treatment only highlights these guys' ignorance of anything other than the inadequate treatments we currently have.

Here is the thing with these all these hair transplant doctors. They all have a big financial interest in all of this so of course they are biased against anything new or different they just want to keep doing transplants and making a lot of money.
    You really cant believe what they are saying completely you need someone impartial to all of it like a normal doctor or dermatologist

Default Ridiculous

This article has really annoyed me, it really does demostrate how little hair transplant doctors care about advancing treatments for those suffering from hairloss. They just concentrate on their pathetic, outdated treatments and try and maintain that they're still the best solution - saying that strip transplants are still the way to go disgusts me!

The article seems to detail every word of the presentation comparing FUE to FUT but breezes over stem cell and HM treatments in a small and dismissive paragraph. This compiled with the fact that we know these guys invited Gail Naughton to speak and then picked her presentation to pieces just makes me so angry at the ignorance and arrogance of these people. I feel like they're just sitting back and laughing whilst they continue to slice people's scalps up and charge an outrageous amount for it.

I also want to know what ever happened to the PGD2 presentation that was supposed to happen at the meeting, I've heard absolutely nothing about it and this article makes no reference.

All in all this article has opened my eyes to a sad fact and that is that we are never going to get any decent information from the yearly ISHRS meeting, the last 2 years I've looked forward to hearing the details of the presentations and both years I have been disappointed. It seems this meeting really is just an opportunity for a bunch of stuck in the past old doctors to get together and talk themselves up to each other whilst putting down anyone who is trying to make things better.

We just have to hold out hope that their talk of a future treatment being 8-10 years away is purely dismissive arrogance on their behalf. I really don't see how it will take Histogen & Aderans that long to get through their future trials, I mean don't they usually state 10 years for the whole process starting from Phase I trials?

those doctors dont consider reinvesting their earnings in new methods , that is what we get from them their words!

Quote Originally Posted by burtandernie View Post
    Here is the thing with these all these hair transplant doctors. They all have a big financial interest in all of this so of course they are biased against anything new or different they just want to keep doing transplants and making a lot of money.
    I think it’s little bit inappropriate to say “they all“ – because the ISHRS as such, has around 800-1000 “members”. That means, of course, you simply can’t blame them ALL.

So the question rather remains, who is responsible for this article/brief summary or “news for hair loss sufferers” as such?

Unfortunately, HARIRI forgot to mention THE persons who contributed to this article/highlights – here they are:
    … we interviewed a number of recommended physicians to provide this community with their input on the meeting.

The below highlights from this year’s conference come from presentations and interviews with recommended hair restoration physicians

- Dr. Parsa Mohebi,
    - Dr. James Harris, and
    - Coalition members Dr. Damkerng Pathomvanich,
    - Dr. Jerry Cooley and
    - Dr. Robert True.

A special thanks to these expert physicians for providing this community with their feedback on the latest innovations discussed at the 2012 ISHRS meeting.

So if you don’t trust them, or if you don’t like what they report …

http://de.scribd.com/doc/109186357/I...-Bahamas-Final

… scroll down this almost endless page, and try to find out, what’re for you THE “highlights” from this meeting.

Quote Originally Posted by Desmond84 View Post
    Guys, this meeting sounds like a bunch of hair transplant fanboys getting together and counting how much money they made this year giving ppl limited hair and ruining their lives once their hairloss progresses!
    And what would stop them from doing it, if they keep convincing themselves this:
    "If the surgery is planned out well, you should not need more surgery because you continued to bald. You may look thinner over time, but it should still look natural, not prompting the need for another surgery. Wanting another surgery is a different story." --Dr. William Rassman

It should still look natural?? Not prompting the need for another surgery!!??? No need for another surgery to look natural, when you continue to bald?? Well, I wonder, does Dr. Rassmann see anything 'natural' in a pair of thick hair line corners, which staunchly surround a somewhat thinner forelock when you reach your 50s? Or does a "well" planned out surgery exclude even 30-year old NW3 patients, whose forelock is at the time of surgery just too thick to allow for grafts to be placed in that area?? Or am I just too dumb to understand?

Quote Originally Posted by clarence View Post
    And what would stop them from doing it, if they keep convincing themselves this:

"If the surgery is planned out well, you should not need more surgery because you continued to bald. You may look thinner over time, but it should still look natural, not prompting the need for another surgery. Wanting another surgery is a different story." --Dr. William Rassman

It should still look natural?? Not prompting the need for another surgery!!??? No need for another surgery to look natural, when you continue to bald?? Well, I wonder, does Dr. Rassmann see anything 'natural' in a pair of thick hair line corners, which staunchly surround a somewhat thinner forelock when you reach your 50s? Or does a "well" planned out surgery exclude even 30-year old NW3 patients, whose forelock is at the time of surgery just too thick to allow for grafts to be placed in that area?? Or am I just too dumb to understand?
    Interesting you bring that up …

In the early 90s (1991, guys like Dr. Rassman didn’t even know how to perform a FUT procedure!), they told me the same – I’m the guy on the right side, 2 years ago.

The guy on the left side is in his 20s (a young HST patient, "in the near future" a norwood 5A guy as me), I’m in my early 40s (right side).
    Indeed, in my 20s, the small strip HT’s, to fill-up my receding temple areas/hairline, sure, helped a lot, because I didn’t lose all the remaining hairs in the forelock, mid-scalp and vertex area – WITHOUT using any meds!
    So during my 20s - early 30s, I had always an almost full head of hair.
    In my early 30s, I suddenly noticed thinning also within all the other areas. I tried to use Propecia for around 2-3 years – not really successful, because even by using Propecia, I suddenly noticed thinning also in the vertex area. So I stopped using it ... here is the reason:

“If you don't use it - you will lose it?”

It wasn’t my intention to harm (possibly) my body just due to some f…… hairs, which are, in fact, “just still existing zombies on my head”.

FUE?
    pffffffft … I “skipped” doing normal FUE procedures, because I KNEW in advance that FUE would have given me only a (temporary) benefit in the front area, and it wasn’t my intention, to deplete my donor area even more, besides the already existing strip scars due to my “benefit” in my 20s in my temple areas, which you still can see TODAY.
    So I was practically forced to wait around 8 years – until recently…

534623: Well.. you had some grafts placed in the forelock back then, it appears, or at least at the central hair line. But those guys who have no grafts placed into the forelock at the time of the transplant, will prove Dr. Rassman wrong, when their balding progresses.

I'm talking about guys like me, who - in a quite abrupt manner - currently have 100% density behind the green line, and yet, these guys are all forehead in front of the green line. Not such a good idea to get a transplant now, unless the plan includes to have another one in the future, hmm Dr. Rassman?
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	YOU-ME.jpg

Size:	58.1 KB
ID:	18855  

Yeah sure Carlos Puig as Vice President, sounds like a giant circle jerk to me.

I mean seriously would Spencer consider Puig to come on the show as an expert.............hmmmm...........probably not yet these guy thinks he is expert enough to be second in command........lol.........

That''s not bitterness, it's reality and if anything how can one not laugh..........I point it out because I find it funny not because it makes me angry.