Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Royalsfan
    • Sep 2012

Balding

I was wondering if anyone here experienced their hair getting thicker, black, and coarse (prior to falling out) as they went bald? For over two years (at age 36) my hair changed from thin and light to thick and black. About a year ago all of the black hairs started to fall out. Now they are gone and I have about 40 % of the hair I had. Docs were no help. I heard everything from hormones to lack of protein as the cause. I just wanted one to confirm it was androgenic alopecia and none did. They all told be that would involve a gradual thinning over time not a quick change like I experienced. Any one experience this? Thanks.
  • clandestine
    • Aug 2011

I have never heard of anything like that before, truthfully.

Comment

• Royalsfan
      • Sep 2012

Thanks for taking the time to reply. Very frustrated. I have been toying with the idea of buzzing what remains and starting the bald phase of my life. Honestly, I have no fear of that. Most likely because of the posts I have read here and advice many folks have given regarding their experiences. I think a lot can be learned about life and what is important from the veterans around here. I've been reading posts since this started. I thank them. Every time I tell my barber to buzz it (I've had three since this started) they all say don't do it and I second guess myself. They see hair coming in or they see "follicles" or they comment on how my hair seems to be coming back as it was before this started. I just wish someone could tell me what is going on with some certainty.

Comment

Working...