+ Reply to Thread
Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4

Whoa dude. Just whoa.

Quote Originally Posted by drybone View Post
    I just had a hair transplant and I am going to use toppik behind the hairline . I will get 2 , then 3 , then even 4 or 5 transplants and use toppik to boot.

I think that even a NW 7 guy who had 8 to 10,000 grafts transplanted and then used toppik can expect to look reasonably good for the rest of his days.
    You have limited donar hair, it's highly unlikely you could ever wear your hair long and achieve a rockstar look with topik.

MAYBE if you were a NW3 with no diffuse thinning and you had 7000 grafts to the temporal region it'd give the kind of density guys with no hair loss have naturally.

I am a norwood 3 and that is due to thinning. My actual hairline is norwood 2.

I have rebuilt my hairline with my first 1333 transpant. I am going on propecia to keep my hair from the mid section back. I have no crown issues.

I am almost 47.

For me, for my second operation, I am further rebuilding my hairline and doing what is called a 'dense pack' . It WILL give me 50% original density (or even more) which is generally required to have the appearance of full density.

Behind the hairline , behind the 'dense pack' I will use toppik to make the rest look like the hairline. I am not trying to look like a 'rock star' . lol.

3 inches long on the top max.

Mr. Baldnessfalls, try not to think of balding as nature's f-you. Try to think of it as nature's "thumbs up." After all, it's part of being a manly man. Balding, chest hair, illin' mustachios, black coffee... all that jazz.

Balding is usually a sign of healthy testosterone (from what I understand) which is probably attractive to woman on a chemical level. Like the way men are attracted to big breasts and child bearing hips on a primitive level.

As for the "rocker look"... seriously? If you are talented, your look doesn't really matter unless you want to be in a boy band. Look at the vintage rockers throughout the past 30-40 years. There are some ugly mugs in that collection.

Ultimately, balding happens and the only cure lies in your perception of it. It's the man who makes the clothes, not the other way around. So too is it with hair.

Rock on brother.

Quote Originally Posted by lanceuppercut View Post
    Mr. Baldnessfalls, try not to think of balding as nature's f-you. Try to think of it as nature's "thumbs up." After all, it's part of being a manly man. Balding, chest hair, illin' mustachios, black coffee... all that jazz.

Balding is usually a sign of healthy testosterone (from what I understand) which is probably attractive to woman on a chemical level. Like the way men are attracted to big breasts and child bearing hips on a primitive level.

As for the "rocker look"... seriously? If you are talented, your look doesn't really matter unless you want to be in a boy band. Look at the vintage rockers throughout the past 30-40 years. There are some ugly mugs in that collection.

Ultimately, balding happens and the only cure lies in your perception of it. It's the man who makes the clothes, not the other way around. So too is it with hair.

Rock on brother.
    Bullshit dude. The rocker look has way more to do with how people perceive you (and your playing) than you think. Besides, I'm a goofy looking mother****er without hair. I litterally look silly and laughable the way my body is shaped. The only, and I mean the ONLY way I look good is with a head full of hair! This notion that hair has nothing to do with being popular in music is just wrong. It just is. You need to look good, you need to be sexy. Its just that god damn simple! Quit blowing out that nonsense when its not true. It's hogwash.

Quote Originally Posted by itsmyhairs View Post
    Yeah, this guy is just another pub musician.

You seem to care far too much, for the wrong reasons.

You're already balding, even a transplant won't make your hair thick and amazing, you'll NEVER be slash or kurt cobain with big hair. Ever.

Hair transplants, even the best ones will only ever make it appear like you have hair and certainly WON'T look good long.
    He's one of the VERY few people who can pull it off. Besides, he's not very popular either. The only people who really know who he is are guitar nerds.

i know where you coming from.Being fan of hippie kind of hair myself is really horrible!Yes rock music is about look.You cant stop it,are you going to risk your health with propecia?hair trasplant is a really dangerous option even if hair cloning was available,all your life you'll have to go on with procedures,imagine this!

life sucks,you'll be thinking many times why me?is this even possible?why, my life would be so much different?it cant be true.My thoughs exactly and i am norwood2

Quote Originally Posted by Baldnessfalls View Post
    Bullshit dude. The rocker look has way more to do with how people perceive you (and your playing) than you think. Besides, I'm a goofy looking mother****er without hair. I litterally look silly and laughable the way my body is shaped. The only, and I mean the ONLY way I look good is with a head full of hair! This notion that hair has nothing to do with being popular in music is just wrong. It just is. You need to look good, you need to be sexy. Its just that god damn simple! Quit blowing out that nonsense when its not true. It's hogwash.
    Depends what kind of music you are listening to. If you're into pretentious, provocative shit like butt rock metal, then yeah, you're hair is probably super critical. But then again, if you're over 25, you're probably too old for that anyways.

You could easily be popular still in the indie, electro-pop, hipster scene.

Quote Originally Posted by BigThinker View Post
    Depends what kind of music you are listening to. If you're into pretentious, provocative shit like butt rock metal, then yeah, you're hair is probably super critical. But then again, if you're over 25, you're probably too old for that anyways.

You could easily be popular still in the indie, electro-pop, hipster scene.
    And that's the last scene I want to be associated with.