+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 ... LastLast

Default Someone help me!

Ok, I'm going to try to make this as simple and straight-forward as possible. I'm a 21 year old male. I'm a musician. I'm tall, thin, and good looking if say so myself. I've got all the features of someone who looks like he's a professional musician. My only flaw is my thinning/receeding hairline! No matter how good all my other features look, they just don't make up for how bad my thin hair/receeding hairline makes me look. Simple as this, without a full, thick head of hair on top, I'll look like just another one of these average joes playing down at the local bar. This is not how I want to be seen by the public. I NEED HAIR! God, I ****ing hate this hairloss BULLSHIT! That's all it is- BULLSHIT!!!!! What can I do? What product, method, practice out there is there that will give me my hair back? My grandfather who is 84 years old has thicker, fuller hair than me. Its not ****ing fair! Pisses me off to absolutely no end! Someone please tell me of something I can do, be it a product or some kind of hair piece (whatever) that will give me my hair back! At this point, I'm willing to try ANYTHING! But I want it to look natural. I completely hate this BS! I WANT MY HAIR BACK! NOW! Hair pieces seem to risky to me because I doubt they look natural, plus I just don't think I could live with myself wearing one of those around. But I'm open to all reasonable suggestions! SOMEONE PLEASE HELP ME!

Bro, all of us hate this BS, but... listen can you please post pictures of your hairline so we can judge?
    what you can do is go to dermatologist to get advise,he/she may put you in propecia or minoxidil or both, but you should know that it is unlikely to regrow hair in the hairline area, but aleast you can stop the hair loss for years

Quote Originally Posted by baldybald View Post
    Bro, all of us hate this BS, but... listen can you please post pictures of your hairline so we can judge?
    what you can do is go to dermatologist to get advise,he/she may put you in propecia or minoxidil or both, but you should know that it is unlikely to regrow hair in the hairline area, but aleast you can stop the hair loss for years
    I'd rather not post pictures of myself, even if it is just the top of my head. I'd just rather not. Judging from the scale, I'm about in between a NW 2 or 3. But my hairline is so thin. It's so stupid how there's practically no reasonable (or affordable) cure for this shit, and the only stuff that does work only works on the areas where hairloss is the least common! Gosh, there's got to be a cure, we're just not trying hard enough! Hair loss is an arsehole, it says "bwahahaha fu€k you, I'm taking your precious hair and there's not a damn thing you can do about it!"

When is this stupid HSC shit going to come out? I'm tired of hearing people him and haw over this crap! Just give it the hell to us! People have suffered long enough! But no, they'll delay it as long as they possibly can, and when it comes out it will take physicians another 10 years to pick it up in their practice and it will cost $10,000. GOD, all I want is my freaking head of hair back, I'm through with all this technical crap!

Sorry, I'm ranting. I just can't stand this anymore!

Quote Originally Posted by Baldnessfalls View Post
    What can I do?
    You need to go to a doctor who specializes in treating hair loss. There is a medication that the doctor can prescribe for you that will slow down or stop the hair loss - and possibly even reverse some of the loss. There is also a medication that can stimulate some of the lost hair to grow back. Talk this over with the doctor.

...and the only stuff that does work only works on the areas where hairloss is the least common!
    That is not correct. These meds are for treating MPB. They work in the areas that are most commonly affected by MPB - the vertex and mid-anterior. Hair line recession in and of itself is not MPB. Some hair line recession is natural and normal as a male matures - and is not necessarily MPB. The doctor will be able to explain the nature of this to you.

I've been to an iahrs doctor and we only talked about transplantation. I've been looking into Toplace hair systems. It seems like a totally wonderful option, but I still haven't learned all I want to know about it. Like, are they 100% undetectable? From the looks of their pictures on their website (which may or may not be doctored), they look like you couldn't tell the difference even if you inspected them. Seems perfect for me since I plan to wear long hair anyways and it seems like it would be so much easier to hide them in long hair. Plus, I'm not totally bald, so most of the hair would be MY hair, I would only need the hair added to the front and I'm sure I could make it look undetectable. Could someone please give me some detailed information about Toplace and hair systems? Also, I hear the words "hair integration" and "hair system". What's the difference? Are they the same? Can someone who knows what they're talking about please give me the low down on all this stuff? Thanks!

Hair integration means that it integrates with your own hair. Women's topper are integrated hair systems. The "hair system" is just a marketing term for prosthetic hair. It can be applied to any kind of prosthetic hair the advertiser wants to apply it too.

I used toppers myself, still do sometimes. They work great for women who have not lost their hair line but are thin on top. You sound like what you want is a lace front. Contact HairDirect.com and schedule an on-line consultation.

Quote Originally Posted by Tracy C View Post
    Hair integration means that it integrates with your own hair. Women's topper are integrated hair systems. The "hair system" is just a marketing term for prosthetic hair. It can be applied to any kind of prosthetic hair the advertiser wants to apply it too.

I used toppers myself, still do sometimes. They work great for women who have not lost their hair line but are thin on top. You sound like what you want is a lace front. Contact HairDirect.com and schedule an on-line consultation.
    Ok, all this crap's got me confused! So what about Toplace? I was just reading in another thread where Spencer Kobren was advocating this company. He also stated that they make hair systems that can just cover the spots you need them to. On their website it also says that they are reccomended by the AHLA. I don't see how its any different than the other stuff your talking about. What the heck is lace front? In any case, all this stuff is confusing me!

Simple as this, without a full, thick head of hair on top, I'll look like just another one of these average joes playing down at the local bar.!
    Are you a genuine musician or one of the Britain's got talent type / X factor types? This "anyone without a thick full head of hair is just an average joe playing down the pub" thing is ridiculous. Speaking as a fellow musician who's played for years your music should speak for itself. I can reel off a lot of bald musicians who've been successful without hair. If you're good at what you do your hair wont matter unless its Simon Cowell you're looking to impress.

Quote Originally Posted by Kayman View Post
    Are you a genuine musician or one of the Britain's got talent type / X factor types? This "anyone without a thick full head of hair is just an average joe playing down the pub" thing is ridiculous. Speaking as a fellow musician who's played for years your music should speak for itself. I can reel off a lot of bald musicians who've been successful without hair. If you're good at what you do your hair wont matter unless its Simon Cowell you're looking to impress.
    Go fu€k yourself