+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by Baldnessfalls View Post
    Those guys can pull it off. I would look ridiculous bald. Pete Townshend is bald NOW. If he was bald back when The Who was trying to make it big, it would have been a different story. Would Jim Morrison, Robert Plant, Slash, or Steven Tyler have looked as badass or cool if they were bald? No! I'd actually rather be completely slick and bald on top then to have some hair and show that I'm thinning. It just looks bad.

I was actually scheduled for a transplant a few months back. 1500 graft FUE. It was going to cost $8,000. But I backed out due to lack of fincances. But I'm probably going to reschedule it and have it done. I've recently had things come up that are probably going to allow me to have it done now.
    Well it's your call of course but you will be having multiple surgerys, that transplanted hair will never fall out but obviously the native hair surrounding it will. You wont really be able to go too short with the clippers or razor after multiple surgerys as you'll have small white or pink dots scars where they took the hair from. But really, if you want my advice, don't wear a wig not if you're in the music game it really will do less for you than a bald head. Imagine if it started peeling off at the edges one day and a keen eyed photographer got a picture of it onstage or something. You don't want that.

Quote Originally Posted by The Diaz Brothers View Post
    Hair systems may have been the order of the day in 1980's, but I would think they would be really lame in a musical context today...anyways I can't speak for the U.K., but it would be really bad image wise in American rock music
    Elton John gets away with it but I think he openly admits he wears one. I can't think of anyone else I'm sure there are one or two others who've managed to conceal it from the media but personally I wouldn't risk the embarrassment.

Quote Originally Posted by Kayman View Post
    Well it's your call of course but you will be having multiple surgerys, that transplanted hair will never fall out but obviously the native hair surrounding it will. You wont really be able to go too short with the clippers or razor after multiple surgerys as you'll have small white or pink dots scars where they took the hair from. But really, if you want my advice, don't wear a wig not if you're in the music game it really will do less for you than a bald head. Imagine if it started peeling off at the edges one day and a keen eyed photographer got a picture of it onstage or something. You don't want that.
    That's 100% fine by me. I've never looked good with short hair cuts and I'll never wear my hair short. Not even when I'm old. I'll always have some length to my hair. Maybe not "rocker" length at that age, but definitely not buzz cut.

Quote Originally Posted by Baldnessfalls View Post
    Have you seen any good looking results on the hairline with hair extensions?
    I am female. My hair line isn't a problem.

Hair extensions usually go to the back and sides of your head. Some companies call a topper a hair extension. Some toppers have hair lines but most I have seen do not. I have never owned or worn a topper than was made for the hair line. So I have no experience with that. I can tell you that my clip-in toppers are undetectable.

When I said consultation, I was suggesting a consultation with a company that provides prosthetic hair. I think you need to book a consultation with such a company. However, here is a link from the AHLA that taks about prosthetic hair.

http://www.americanhairloss.org/hair_replacement/

Quote Originally Posted by The Diaz Brothers View Post
    ....but I would think they would be really lame in a musical context today...
    Hahahahaha That was really funny. You would be shocked to know how many musicians wear hair. LOL

Quote Originally Posted by Tracy C View Post
    Hahahahaha That was really funny. You would be shocked to know how many musicians wear hair. LOL
    There is/was an anti propecia video on youtube. The woman in the video says something like (not exactly) "not everyone can have hair like Bon Jovi"

His hair looks normal to me ,but I pretty sure I read somewhere that he claims to be worried about losing it. I wonder if his is real?

I don't know how truthful or accurate it is, but there is a celebrity balding blog that basically says there are just tons of celebrities that are balding but you would never know it. Some are musicians and one I did not know about was one of the original Kiss guys-not Gene, but he was there too.

Yeah, this guy is just another pub musician.

You seem to care far too much, for the wrong reasons.

You're already balding, even a transplant won't make your hair thick and amazing, you'll NEVER be slash or kurt cobain with big hair. Ever.

Hair transplants, even the best ones will only ever make it appear like you have hair and certainly WON'T look good long.

Quote Originally Posted by itsmyhairs View Post
    Hair transplants, even the best ones will only ever make it appear like you have hair and certainly WON'T look good long.
    Ummm... I have long hair and it looks normal. It does not look great - but it looks reasonably good considering how much hair I had lost and the wacky pattern I lost it in. Sure I wish I had more density - but my hair transplant surgeon did and amazing job all things considered.

Being a guitar player myself, I gotta say that I love Joe.

Quote Originally Posted by Tracy C View Post
    Ummm... I have long hair and it looks normal. It does not look great - but it looks reasonably good considering how much hair I had lost and the wacky pattern I lost it in. Sure I wish I had more density - but my hair transplant surgeon did and amazing job all things considered.

Being a guitar player myself, I gotta say that I love Joe.
    Joe's the man! I think he was getting at the fact the surrounding native hair will continue to shed due to the MPB after the transplant.

Quote Originally Posted by itsmyhairs View Post
    Yeah, this guy is just another pub musician.

You seem to care far too much, for the wrong reasons.

You're already balding, even a transplant won't make your hair thick and amazing, you'll NEVER be slash or kurt cobain with big hair. Ever.

I just had a hair transplant and I am going to use toppik behind the hairline . I will get 2 , then 3 , then even 4 or 5 transplants and use toppik to boot.

I think that even a NW 7 guy who had 8 to 10,000 grafts transplanted and then used toppik can expect to look reasonably good for the rest of his days.