+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by z06guy View Post
    Yup. I haven't sent in my 'prescription' yet. lol
    It's almost worth $30 to me to get on fin 2 weeks ahead of my derm appointment. Might have to do that.

Just an update for this month. When I got a haircut this last time I told him just to trim the sides with a fade. So the top has been pretty much untouched.

I've been losing A LOT more hairs up until about a week ago. A lot of the hairs were finer looking hairs/half sized. A lot of them had bulbs on the end.

It may have something to do with fact that I'm styling my hair more often with gel, whenever I run pomade through my hair I notice maybe 20-30 hairs that come off onto my palms. A lot of hair was falling out in the shower as well. It's slowed down a lot this past week though. It might be in my head but I've never shed so much. The strange thing is it doesn't visually appear as if I've lost that much hair... (That's a good thing I suppose).

I think my hair may have still been a little wet in this picture... Oh well, realistically I don't think I've regrown any hair at this point anyway! But an update nonetheless.

The nanogen is just amazing though. It's the only reason I'm allowing my hair to continue growing because I can style my hair very nicely again. I'll probably continue growing my hair on top for another month and see how it looks.

There are no side effects to report. I'm thinking about just upping the dosage to 1mg for full benefits... Not sure yet. Will keep you all posted.

*Once again I need to stress that this is under super bright lighting. Under normal lighting you wouldn't be able to see the scalp this easy*
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG01420-20130224-1700.jpg

Size:	98.4 KB
ID:	19594   Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG01426-20130224-1702.jpg

Size:	96.0 KB
ID:	19595  

Sorry double post

I can't seem to find nizoral shampoo anywhere... I normally bought the 7oz for $14 at wal mart.. Darn... The cheapest ones on amazon are like $170 for the same 7oz bottle. WTF?!?!

So I bought this 8oz regenepure shampoo for $25. I really don't know if this is 1% keto like the nizoral was but it is SLS free so that's a plus. I hope this regenepure continues to help aid the finasteride.

http://www.amazon.com/Regenepure-DR-...rds=regenepure

get the 2% nizoral from inhouse pharmacy.. its not expensive either

Quote Originally Posted by growhair View Post
    get the 2% nizoral from inhouse pharmacy.. its not expensive either
    Hey thanks for that great tip! I didn't even know you could buy the 2% online. lol. I always thought you could only get it from a doctor. I suppose it's the same as buying fin online though, hah. I'll try to finish this bottle of regenepure quickly so I can order the 2% niz. Thanks again!

Major update
    Starting today I've decided to increase my finasteride dose to the full 1mg. Part of the deciding factor was seeing people that had success with 0.5mg of dutasteride. I figure I have no side effects with 0.5 fin so jumping to 1mg shouldn't be a big deal.

Sweet. Let us know how it goes.

Keep it up z06 (M5 > Z06, just fyi). I've been on 1mg fin for just a little over 4 months. I made a thread in this part of the forum. Take a look to get an idea of my progress with 1mg fin. Keep us updated with your progress.

Quote Originally Posted by z06guy View Post
    Hey thanks for that great tip! I didn't even know you could buy the 2% online. lol. I always thought you could only get it from a doctor. I suppose it's the same as buying fin online though, hah. I'll try to finish this bottle of regenepure quickly so I can order the 2% niz. Thanks again!

Major update
    Starting today I've decided to increase my finasteride dose to the full 1mg. Part of the deciding factor was seeing people that had success with 0.5mg of dutasteride. I figure I have no side effects with 0.5 fin so jumping to 1mg shouldn't be a big deal.

Just a FWIW:

Propecia took a long time before I knew it was working in the back. I mean like 9 months maybe a little longer. I could tell it was working in the front around 4 months.

You caught early and if you respond to it, I would bet you will get most of your hair back in the crown. You just have to wait it out..and yes your hair will cycle back and forth a lot , esp during the first year. After that it still happens but not as often.

Thanks fellas. I'll be sure to update this thread on a monthly basis.

I'll be approaching the 3 month mark in another couple weeks. I have a good feeling that jumping to 1mg will expedite the whole process and give better results.

Off topic and in response to jacob: I've never driven the M5 but I've always liked them. Great build quality and lots of standard features. I wouldn't say it's better than a Corvette though. It's like saying an apple is better than an orange. (We all knows oranges are better) haha, jk.