+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 ... LastLast

Wow.

You look great. Keep up the good work.

Quote Originally Posted by BigThinker View Post
    So is 4rx pretty legit? Any other members want to share their experience?

Frankly, I'm strongly considering ordering on-line instead of seeing my derm. Yeah, paying $4 for 5mg generics would be insanely cheap, but frankly I can pay $109 for a two year supply and think nothing of it. In addition, seeing the derm is going to set me back another $60, I don't even know if she'll go for prescribing 5mg pills, and then I have to set up appointments to get my prescription re-filled (probably). In short, if I can cut out the middle woman, I'd be delighted.

4rx site seems way better than inhousepharmacy with respect to cost and delivery time - delivery time is actually what prevented me from ordering from inhouse a week ago.

I'm just curious what confirmation we have than 4rx provides the right chemicals. Any and all input is appreciated.

Thanks.
    I used inhouse. Took about 10 business days to get to the U.S. plus the shipping was free. Is 4rx a lot faster??

Quote Originally Posted by z06guy View Post
    So I decided to go with Nanogen. =) I'm happy to say I have close to a NW1 appearance again. At least with the concealer. I didn't even have to use that much. I wish I had known about this stuff a long time ago. Pictures simply do not do it justice...

Today I pulled out the pomade crew, styled my hair. Waited for it to dry. Then I added the nanogen. And then sealed it in place with a fresh smelling pantene pro v hair styling spray. Again under the same very bright lighting, it's very impressive.

Anytime I've tried adding gel to my hair in the past year or so my hair looked too thin and a lot of scalp showed through... Too much for my liking at least. Now for the first time in years my hair looks very good again. Although this is just a concealer I'm still very glad. It has bought me time until finasteride starts kicking in.

I hope the hairspray doesn't ruin my hair follicles though... That would be a major blow to all the work I'm doing... So far from what I've read it appears to be safe though.

Those out there that are dealing with the early stages of hairloss just know that this stuff can buy you some time until you can come to a solution on what to do.
    Wow, that concealer looks great. Does it come out if you touch your hair? I had a little more coverage on my crown but it was thinning similar to yours. Started taking 0.5mg finasteride daily plus Nizoral a few times per week. I started seeing real results around month 8 and at a little over a year my crown filled in nicely. Good luck and keep us posted.

Inactive

Out of curiosity OP, are you taking pictures dry or wet? I'm going to post pics in a few days for a NW check and want to know what most people are doing. Everyone seems to have black hair and it makes it very hard to tell.

Quote Originally Posted by akai View Post
    I used inhouse. Took about 10 business days to get to the U.S. plus the shipping was free. Is 4rx a lot faster??
    10 days? inhouse estimated like 20 some odd days, which was a major deterrent since I see the derm in ~24.

Also, upon further research, 4rx requires a script. If I'm messing with a script, I'm just going to get it from a local pharmacy.

Should I go on-line, I'll just go inhouse. It seems like the most widely accepted?

Well, Ive been on finasteride for a whopping 3 days now.

Still no full head of hair

But no shedding yet either

Quote Originally Posted by akai View Post
    Wow, that concealer looks great. Does it come out if you touch your hair? I had a little more coverage on my crown but it was thinning similar to yours. Started taking 0.5mg finasteride daily plus Nizoral a few times per week. I started seeing real results around month 8 and at a little over a year my crown filled in nicely. Good luck and keep us posted.
    Thanks. I feel like when the nanogen is on, I've rewinded the clock back a little bit. It's still not a strong NW1 look I was looking for but maybe when finasteride kicks in it'll make a bigger difference. I'm hoping the finasteride will help me. If you use a moderate amount of hairspray it really doesn't get on your hands if you just touch it. If i press down with a bit of pressure I'll get some on my hands. It's really not a whole lot though, and it easily comes off if you rub your fingers together for a second or two. I shampoo and wash my hair before going to bed since I don't want to be sleeping with hairspray and nanogen on. lol

Quote Originally Posted by Aames View Post
    Out of curiosity OP, are you taking pictures dry or wet? I'm going to post pics in a few days for a NW check and want to know what most people are doing. Everyone seems to have black hair and it makes it very hard to tell.
    I take the pics dry. Very powerful lighting so it appears as though I have much less hair than I really do.

10 days? inhouse estimated like 20 some odd days, which was a major deterrent since I see the derm in ~24.

Also, upon further research, 4rx requires a script. If I'm messing with a script, I'm just going to get it from a local pharmacy.

Should I go on-line, I'll just go inhouse. It seems like the most widely accepted?
    When I called 4rx customer support they said on the first order you don't need a prescription. They said they'll send the order and then you can send the prescription at a later date.

Quote Originally Posted by drybone View Post
    Well, Ive been on finasteride for a whopping 3 days now.

Still no full head of hair

But no shedding yet either
    Keep us updated bro.

Quote Originally Posted by z06guy View Post
    When I called 4rx customer support they said on the first order you don't need a prescription. They said they'll send the order and then you can send the prescription at a later date.
    Haha. Are you serious?

Haha. Are you serious?
    Yup. I haven't sent in my 'prescription' yet. lol