+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by bananana View Post

I think he's here to stay, not just make a quick buck and disappear. My gut feeling says that, we'll see...
    How many interviews made Spencer Kobren with his friend Dr. Gary Hitzig?
    My big balls told me that he'll see more paying losers in his rusty chair ...

Quote Originally Posted by 534623 View Post
    How many interviews made Spencer Kobren with his friend Dr. Gary Hitzig?
    My big balls told me that he'll see more paying losers in his rusty chair ...
    possible, but then why does he offer the procedure for free and why would he do that if he probably already has a good running HT clinic.

Based on his messages on this forum, he seem someone that is very excited about the culture development and the last papers and want to see how that works out in practice .

while aderans etc, where inventing the wheel all these years , he is not Reinventing it, but producing it based on the concept of their papers. Lets see what time brings

Quote Originally Posted by FearTheLoss View Post
    There is no way it will cost $200k they will have to make it marketable to the general public, and they will make more money selling it to more people for less. I would guess it will cost more than a regular HT today, but not anything excessive. One NW 6 could get a regular HT and then fill in density and crown with this method for cheaper...and I'm sure BHT will be a good use for density in the future as well as there are many people obtaining great results today with BHT
    I think its way to early to be making any claims about price and things of that nature seeing how we're not even entire sure if Dr. Lauster is even going to make this a priority to turn it into a commercial product. We really need to reach out to him and see what his plans are and so far we don't have anything concrete.

Quote Originally Posted by hellouser View Post
    I think its way to early to be making any claims about price and things of that nature seeing how we're not even entire sure if Dr. Lauster is even going to make this a priority to turn it into a commercial product. We really need to reach out to him and see what his plans are and so far we don't have anything concrete.
    I agree, we should see what is happening with this. I was simply stating that a procedure would never be this expensive because 99.9% of the population couldn't afford it, therefore, the company wouldn't reach maximum profits.

The biggest cost-factors with this kind of “hair multiplication” are the laboratory facilities.

Try to imagine a production (of course an always controlled production) of THOUSANDS of hair follicles for THOUSANDS of patients – not just AGA patients, also for burn victims who got –for example- skin transplants etc but without hair.

In addition, the costs of the hair transplant surgeon, who has to implant the in vitro grown hair follicles. Actually, such an approach just makes sense for very high norwoods or burn victims with scalp- facial- legs- chest- etc burns.

Nevertheless - such a procedure costs without any doubts more than normal hair transplant procedures, besides the problem that even with this approach, you can’t implant the follicles too dense just with 1 procedure.

But once this technique WORKS at all – pretty cool, because this would be a quantum leap in general.

The TECHNOLOGY itself for doing this is already there - but there is still a lack of hair biology knowledge for the fruition of such procedures.

I know this is going a bit over the deep end, but does anyone know if it's possible and cost effective to graft cultured skin onto peoples heads in place of the natural skin as a precursor to giving people a completely new head of hair. I'm not saying this just because I think it's cool sci-fi. I'm asking because when I think of the costs to culture a full head of cloned hair, I think it's already so high why not grow the skin too.

Oh and hey Boldy!

Can you or anyone else say what it costs to buy these growth factors, and to setup labs to use them for HM and other processes to culture cells like they do with cartilage? Are there any kind of metrics you can give?

From what I read on the internet, my gut tells me HM can be done at a price of $20,000 or less in the US and EU with a profit margin over 50%, but is this realistic or is there a more precise answer?

Thanks!

Quote Originally Posted by StinkySmurf View Post
    Oh and hey Boldy!

Can you or anyone else say what it costs to buy these growth factors, and to setup labs to use them for HM and other processes to culture cells like they do with cartilage? Are there any kind of metrics you can give?

From what I read on the internet, my gut tells me HM can be done at a price of $20,000 or less in the US and EU with a profit margin over 50%, but is this realistic or is there a more precise answer?

Thanks!
    I have ben thinking about this for some weeks...

we have at least 3 categories of costs here:
    1: renting the facility (lab + equipment Incubator, microscopes etc)
    2: labour of atleast 3 workers
    3: Material costs

Lets start with labour: extracting +- 200 hair folicles + isolating the DP cells would be atleast 1 full day work. by 1-2 lab workers.
    the culture process takes about +- 5 weeks (regarding aderans)
    so these workers have to be payed for lets say 2 months.
    at the end of the process the cells will be injected..

material costs: the growth factories and chemicals like gsk3b inhibitors in Vitro are very minimal, and don't think it would exceed the 500-1 K per person. This price should include the culture media etc.

now the last part: renting a lab... I'm not sure if its legal and possible to just do that.. And not sure what the costs will be.. Its not likely to happen in Europe USA/ UK.. at least I don't think so...

I'm afraid that This leaves us not much options besides Asia.. there it could be possible for 4-5 K to do such a procedure...

Quote Originally Posted by Boldy View Post
    I have ben thinking about this for some weeks...

material costs: the growth factories and chemicals like gsk3b inhibitors in Vitro are very minimal, and don't think it would exceed the 500-1 K per person. This price should include the culture media etc.
    You're as bold as any hero I can think of Boldy

The most important costs would be the bulk material costs. This is the only one that really matters to me because it can't be improved. Equipment costs would be the next thing I'd want to know if I could know an exact number, but this is just an initial investment really and not as relevant over the long term because over time the equipment will change I think.

Thanks!

Quote Originally Posted by StinkySmurf View Post
    You're as bold as any hero I can think of Boldy

The most important costs would be the bulk material costs. This is the only one that really matters to me because it can't be improved. Equipment costs would be the next thing I'd want to know if I could know an exact number, but this is just an initial investment really and not as relevant over the long term because over time the equipment will change I think.

Thanks!
    bulk or non bulk the material costs will be between 500 and 1K.. Its not that big of a deal.. However finding a facility in Europe/UK/US is not realistic. No one will allow us to do non approved stuff in there..

If our Asian friends could exactly do what we ask them to (dp culture regarding the current knowledge), than I would say the issue is solved. and in that case 4-5K per person would be not unrealistic.

I'm going to study the dp thing deeper, go through all the papers out there, and see what is possible.

Boldy