+ Reply to Thread

Default Where to buy Nizoral?

I think Nizoral was helping me maybe only slightly but it seemed to be reducing the crown itch. But now I have run out and Walmart has not restocked in months so I am guessing they dropped it for some reason.

Where is a good source?

Thanks..

As I understand it, the supply/production problem only effects Nizoral A-D. The prescription strength 2% should be readily available.

If you don't want to use 2% and you can't get Nizoral A-D, Regenepure has almost as much Ketoconazole in it as Nizoral A-D - but it costs a lot more.

I bought the 1% nizoral from walgreens. Is it going to be at all useful?

Quote Originally Posted by Tracy C View Post
    As I understand it, the supply/production problem only effects Nizoral A-D. The prescription strength 2% should be readily available.

If you don't want to use 2% and you can't get Nizoral A-D, Regenepure has almost as much Ketoconazole in it as Nizoral A-D - but it costs a lot more.

there is a supply problem- not just at Walmart? Any idea when this will be fixed? Thanks...

Quote Originally Posted by lanceuppercut View Post
    I bought the 1% nizoral from walgreens. Is it going to be at all useful?
    That would depend on what you consider useful to be. As a medicated shampoo, it is very good for the health of your scalp - as long as you don't over use it. Remember, it is medicine. As a hair loss treatment all by itself, it's not going to do much for you. Nizoral is not a "stand alone" treatment for hair loss. However Nizoral is an excellent adjunct treatment to true stand alone hair loss treatments such as Rogaine and Propecia.

Quote Originally Posted by mpb47 View Post
    there is a supply problem- not just at Walmart? Any idea when this will be fixed? Thanks...
    No idea. This is the second time it has happened that I know of. The manufacturer moved all production of Nizoral A-D to one facility. They have not been able to keep up with demand ever since. I would not be surprised if all retailers drop them simply because the management staff of the company that makes Nizoral A-D is incompetent.

Quote Originally Posted by Tracy C View Post
    That would depend on what you consider useful to be. As a medicated shampoo, it is very good for the health of your scalp - as long as you don't over use it. Remember, it is medicine. As a hair loss treatment all by itself, it's not going to do much for you. Nizoral is not a "stand alone" treatment for hair loss. However Nizoral is an excellent adjunct treatment to true stand alone hair loss treatments such as Rogaine and Propecia.

No idea. This is the second time it has happened that I know of. The manufacturer moved all production of Nizoral A-D to one facility. They have not been able to keep up with demand ever since. I would not be surprised if all retailers drop them simply because the management staff of the company that makes Nizoral A-D is incompetent.
    I'll try walgreens and see if they have it..thanks...

Default Nizoral

I got some on Amazon. It comes from England. I have yet to get it, and I have no experience with Nizoral.