+ Reply to Thread

Default Going to start taking Proscar...

Just wanted to share this whole process.

I was and still am conflicted. For one, I do not think being bald is so bad; I see bald people (I seem to be checking out every guys hairline now) and I think they look fine. But then I look in the mirror, see a few bald spots, and I panic. I guess being bald does not scare me...but going bald does. If I was older, maybe I would not mind. But I am only 23. So of course I am a bit scared.

Both my father and brother lost their hair, so I know I will too.

And the sides do scare me a lot. I am not worried that I will have a low sex drive while on the pill (I do worry some). My real worry is that if I stop taking it and I still have ED issues or become sterile. I am also scared I will get depression

However for a while my brother took it (he stoped because he could not afford it) and he had no sides. I figure it is worth shot. Is it a risk, I guess so. However, if I do not take it, I will not know if it works or not. And if I start now, I am sure I can avoid a lot of damage.

I m normally I go with the flow kind of guy. I always let nature takes it course. I never think of myself as vain. However, this I guess is my first step in this direction. Hairloss is an issue, yet I m lucky to be in time where I can take pills to stop it. I am also lucky that it is not something worse. While I am crying bout losing my hair, people around the world die every day. So, I know this is not the worst thing that could happen. Yet, I do not like it, I do not want it, and I will try to fight it.

I am going to, after I post this, order ooline some Proscar, 5 mg and cut them. I plan to first take just a bit at a time, to help my body adjust. After I guess a week, I will take 1.5 every other day. From what I read it should be enough and hopefully I will not have too bad symptoms. Some people said I should also take some Zinc, so perhaps I will.

Anyway, I am going to a new country soon. I will make new friends, eat new food, and get to do my research. I have been looking forward to this for a while. I will not let hairloss slow me down...here is hoping that side effects dont slow me down either.

Good luck, what norwood are you?

maybe a 1.5 or 2? My balding seems to be with the front-vertex. I do not yet have crown balding or a receding hairline.

Great post Mudkipper, your taking the right step in fighting the good fight. I wish you the best in your adventures.

Quote Originally Posted by dex89 View Post
    Great post Mudkipper, your taking the right step in fighting the good fight. I wish you the best in your adventures.
    +1 to what homeboy Dex said. I wish you the best. I am also a bit manic about my hairloss. And, just as you said, it's not the whole "being bald", it's the "going bald". Some days I just want to buzz it off and adjust, but a part of me thinks the 5mg Proscar is the way to go.

Let us know how it goes man. Sounds like your hairloss is comparable to mine. I will reciprocate in ~1mo when I see my derm and start.

You can get generic propecia in 1mg tabs. Propecia went generic this month.