+ Reply to Thread

Default Hair loss seems to be slowing down??

I noticed my hair loss seems to have slowed down significantly lately, I have been receding at the temples for 4-5 years and I am now left with a V shape which although I'm not thrilled about I am learning to live with. I am currently taking no treatments other than multivitamins/minerals and nizoral 2% which I started about 2 months ago. Is it possible that the nizoral is having some affect?or do some men only go bald at the temples? or once you start receding are you destined to eventually lose it all?

As to why I'm not taking other treatments, I tired minoxidil a year ago, which did nothing but lower my bank balance and make my hair look like even thinner. And Propecia is a no go for me, because if there is even the small chance it could decrease the size of my erection or lower my sex drive then I don't want to be anywhere near it.

Nizoral or multivitamins alone do not do much to slow down MPB...

Nizoral along with minoxidil or propecia is pretty effective and has a synergistic effect from what I gather.

Hairloss can come in bursts. The fact that yours seems to have stopped is most likely just the way it was destined to go and nothing to do with the Nizoral. But I cannot know for sure.

You aren't necessarily destined to lose it all. I've spoken to many guys who started receding at the hairline in their teens and made it to their 40s without losing much hair. Of course it could progress later in life but losing hair early doesn't always mean you'll end up high on the Norwood scale.
    I am a patient and representative of Dr Rahal

My FUE With Dr Rahal - Awesome Hairline Result

I can be contacted for advice: matt@rahalhairline.com

Yeah we go through phases. I buzzed my hair today and compared it to a 4-year ago photo. Looks the same despite not having treatments (unless you count infrequent SP). Before that I could swear it only took a few months to go from awesome to horrible, which is what you hear from a lot of people.

Next phase could strike next week or in 5 years, who knows. Sigh.

Mine definitely has been coming in waves or phases. I'm currently in the middle of a heavy shed that is shaking me back up on this whole hair loss thing.

I wouldn't let it deter you from treatment or keeping an eye on your hair quality, but hopefully it at least helps you not dwell on it.

Either way, I'm happy to hear your hair loss has apparently plateaud - I hope it stays that way for ya.

Same here. Mine has cycled on and off for years. If there is anything good about it, you keep your hair longer than someone whose loss stays constant..least it seems that way. 30+ years now and about 3v