+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

If you won't consider Propecia, then you're probably not interested in the experimentals. Ketocarozole shampoo is probably all there is.

Quote Originally Posted by slantofreality View Post
    i want to get on propecia. but i already have some sexual dysfunction problems i'm trying to get rid first that are unrelated to meds. the itching is soooo annoying. yeah, when it started it was a little tickle. but now, i feel it all the time.
    Well what the other guy said try Ketocarozole shampoo. Sometimes it does help with the itching. You are going to need minox as well if you want to slow down your mpb. It won't stop it , but will buy you time.

well about my itch, which sometimes get unbearable, I am suspecting maybe dht blockers = more testosterone is causing it, here's why I start to think so, I had a little itch when I was on fin, then I changed to avodart hoping the itch would go away, it worsened. then recently I doubled my dosage (now 1 mg) hoping it would decrease, it seems on the contrary it is increasing. now my biggest problem was with the hairline, it is worse than any part of my head but it does not itch. On the other hand my crown itches badly, I checked my crown it is was more dense than my front region and the itch has been crazy for a about 1 year now (non-stop) so if it was connected to DHT I should have lost more hair on my crown region. what do you think? should I quit dht blockers for a while to see if it makes a change? since I am using avodart and it has a long half-life I think I need to quit for at least 1 month to make a judgement.

Quote Originally Posted by konfusion View Post
    well about my itch, which sometimes get unbearable, I am suspecting maybe dht blockers = more testosterone is causing it, here's why I start to think so, I had a little itch when I was on fin, then I changed to avodart hoping the itch would go away, it worsened. then recently I doubled my dosage (now 1 mg) hoping it would decrease, it seems on the contrary it is increasing. now my biggest problem was with the hairline, it is worse than any part of my head but it does not itch. On the other hand my crown itches badly, I checked my crown it is was more dense than my front region and the itch has been crazy for a about 1 year now (non-stop) so if it was connected to DHT I should have lost more hair on my crown region. what do you think? should I quit dht blockers for a while to see if it makes a change? since I am using avodart and it has a long half-life I think I need to quit for at least 1 month to make a judgement.
    OK I know I was so negative last month but I did not quit 1 mg Avodart and after 1 month itch seems to be 70% decreased! I still get occasional itches but it's not nearly as bad as the ones that I used to get. on the other hand shedding is not decreased, still the same. but at least I can now focus other things apart from my scalp.