+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Online Pharmacy

Default Online Pharmacy

Hello all,

I do not have health insurance at the moment, so I am looking for an online pharmacy where I can buy finasteride without a script. Does anyone know of a safe site?

I am also interested in the best options for generic propecia to cut costs. What are the drug names and what are the differences, if any?

Thanks.

Quote Originally Posted by lanceuppercut View Post
    I do not have health insurance at the moment, so I am looking for an online pharmacy where I can buy finasteride without a script. Does anyone know of a safe site?
    Health insurance does not cover the cost of treating hair loss anyways, so you might as well do the proper thing and see a doctor to get a legitimate script. It's a lot cheaper to get a legitimate script - even after you factor in the cost of the doctor visit.

Tracy has a point but here you go(http://www.inhousepharmacy.biz/p-425-proscar-5mg.aspx) well known source.

Generic 5mg Finasteride is $20.00 at my local Walmart for a 90-day supply. After cutting the pills into four pieces, that's almost a full year supply for only $20.00. You will not get a better price from any online pharmacy.

Just checked the IH price for a 90-day supply of 5mg generic Finasteride to find that it is $78.00. The extra $58.00 should cover a doctors visit at a clinic. You may even be able to go to a free clinic to get the script at no cost for the doctor visit at all.

Thanks for the info!

Quote Originally Posted by Tracy C View Post
    Generic 5mg Finasteride is $20.00 at my local Walmart for a 90-day supply. After cutting the pills into four pieces, that's almost a full year supply for only $20.00. You will not get a better price from any online pharmacy.

Just checked the IH price for a 90-day supply of 5mg generic Finasteride to find that it is $78.00. The extra $58.00 should cover a doctors visit at a clinic. You may even be able to go to a free clinic to get the script at no cost for the doctor visit at all.
    1.) My visit to the derm was slightly more than $58 with health insurance, although I should mention I visited a research University. The visit itself was just over $60 and with a blood draw the grand total was ~$200. Granted there is obvious variability in clinics' charged amounts and the physician may or may not require you to do a blood draw.

On top of that, I visited a GP before the derm who just gave me 2% keto and said "good luck, set up another appointment if this doesn't work out". Guess what: this cost money too.

2.) It should be made transparent that a doctor may feel uncomfortable prescribing fin, especially if it is in 5mg pills that requires the patient to cut their own. If you want to go this route, I would suggest expressing your education on the topic of hairloss and Rx with the physician to make them comfortable with your request.

It would probably be in your best interest to call the clinic and find out as much as you can about cost, and maybe even speak with a physician if you are able to.

I would just really hate for you to go drop any amount of money and spend any amount of time visiting a clinic, just to have the physician resist prescribing you. I think Tracey is just trying to be politically correct and suggest you go see a physician, which isn't bad advice if you have the funds. However, I could easily see visiting a physician end fruitless and potentially more expensive than utilizing on-line sources, at least short term (1 year)- I've dropped close to $275 and I'm still not prescribed fin.

I'm just playing devil's advocate. You and I are probably different ages and at different points in hair loss progression, although I have been formally diagnosed with alopecia in it's most generic form. Obviously, act in accordance with your risk adverseness and bank account.

Best regards.

Quote Originally Posted by Highlander View Post
    Tracy is right and your "devil's advocate" is dangerous and ignorant. A LOT of these places are selling pills imported from places like India. You don't know what you're getting when you buy on-line, regardless of how many people personally attest to any one particular website.

The potential sides of finasteride are bad enough, there's no need to go and add a great deal of further risk by purchasing illegal medication from unknown sources.

Not to mention the savings are minimal. With a finasteride script you'll be paying in the US roughly 20 dollars a year. Even if you paid*$300 to get it, it'll be cheaper in the long run as taking finasteride is a long-term thing.

Seriously, this recommending people to online websites to purchase medication should be banned. The mods have no problem deleting my posts for attacking a hair transplant surgeon, but if you recommend someone risks their life and health all in the name of a few dollars then apparently that's just fine.

This forum is pathetic and hypocritcal at times.

Hahahahahah. How am I being dangerous and ignorant? I advised he take free precautions like contacting the physician ahead of time. I purposely highlighted why my experience might be atypical and less than ideal. It's funny you even thought you had to point out that fin is a long-term drug - I blatantly pointed out cost savings would be short term. I'm simply sharing my experience and pointing out that Tracey didn't provide her bold assumption that the doctor would surely provide 5mg proscar as part of her money saving calculations; when in reality I've seen numerous people on this forum say the doc didn't give them fin.

It's so cute how you think you're punching holes in my argument which I've already punched the holes in so the OP can make the best decision for his financial position and risk averse tendencies.

Nothing on this forum is more hypocritical and pathetic than you, you ugly, weak, friendless, self-deprecating, worthless, babbling, fake Christian. You're a failure even on the internet. Stop trying to get into it with your intellectual superiors.

Quote Originally Posted by Highlander View Post
    Tracy is right and your "devil's advocate" is dangerous and ignorant. A LOT of these places are selling pills imported from places like India. You don't know what you're getting when you buy on-line, regardless of how many people personally attest to any one particular website.

The potential sides of finasteride are bad enough, there's no need to go and add a great deal of further risk by purchasing illegal medication from unknown sources.

Not to mention the savings are minimal. With a finasteride script you'll be paying in the US roughly 20 dollars a year. Even if you paid*$300 to get it, it'll be cheaper in the long run as taking finasteride is a long-term thing.

Seriously, this recommending people to online websites to purchase medication should be banned. The mods have no problem deleting my posts for attacking a hair transplant surgeon, but if you recommend someone risks their life and health all in the name of a few dollars then apparently that's just fine.

This forum is pathetic and hypocritcal at times.
    But what are you supposed to do if your DR refuses? Some Docs do not consider hair loss to be a legit health problem, but rather a normal part of aging. When I first started on propecia, I had a doc just like that. I went to her for several reasons: I had just started running and had sprained my knee after falling in a small hole. I gave it a week but it still hurt so I went to her. I also asked for help quitting smoking and heck while I was there, for my hair. She would not give me anything to help with smoking -saying I should tough it out and said there was nothing wrong with my hair. And oh by the way, here is some cholesterol medicine as you levels are a little high.

So I got no help for the issues I went to her for, and help for something I later learned I really didn't need.

So I found a online DR/pharmacy as I was desperate to quit smoking. I had to answer some questions to get the prescriptions and yes the meds were the legit items but very expensive. I did this for a short while until someone told me about inhouse. The only issue I had with them was that smoking meds, if you get the off label stuff, is too strong, so I had to stop. But the propecia seems fine as my crown did start filling in again.

So late last year I get a new doc that is much better because she actually listens to me. She was actually glad I was trying to quit smoking and had no problems putting me on the welbutrin...even lowering the dose 2 x as even the on label was too strong for me. The only thing she would not help with is appetite suppressant , so I figured asking for propecia was pushing my luck as it is a vanity thing and to someone without mpb, I still look pretty normal.

So just remember some of us tried to do the right thing, but some docs do not consider hairloss as a legit medical problem.

I did this for a short while until someone told me about inhouse.
    What is "inhouse?"

I need to visit my GP anyway, so I will bucking up for it. But, I would still be interested in understanding how online pharmacies operate.

Online source of propecia & proscar.

Proscar version is cheaper, but you can't cut it into as small of a piece, if you are sensitive to the drug.

Go the DR route first, but if they say hair loss is normal, then you have a fall back.