+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Thread: Nioxin

Well, to play devil's advocate, neither does Rogaine. It's just a chemical wig. I figure Nioxin may be pretty much the same thing, just a bit easier and possibly cheaper to use.

So I was curious as to the "volumizing" effects that they advertise.

Quote Originally Posted by concernedand33 View Post
    Well, to play devil's advocate, neither does Rogaine. It's just a chemical wig.
    That is not at all a correct way to put it. Minoxidil stimulates hair to grow that would otherwise fall victim to the damaging effects of DHT.

I figure Nioxin may be pretty much the same thing, just a bit easier and possibly cheaper to use.
    Nioxin is not even close to being in the same category as Minoxidil. Minoxidil is an actual medication that has been proven to work in the treatment of hereditary hair loss - and has received FDA approval based on that proof. Nioxin is a scam - and a huge scam to boot. None of Nioxin's products do anything to treat hereditary hair loss.

So I was curious as to the "volumizing" effects that they advertise.
    The "Volumizing" effects are no different than that of any other "volumizing" shampoo or conditioner you can buy at your local store. These products do not actually make your hair thicker, they make your hair seem thicker by loading your hair up with stuff. The very first time you wash it out with normal shampoo the "volumizing effect" will be gone.

I have been using Nioxin for a few months and I notice that along with nizoral 2 times a week it helps keep my hair from drying out, also it says on the bottle that is helps remove DHT from the scalp which nizoral does, but who knows if that is true.

Overall I feel my hair is better off using it, it doesn't stop hair from falling out because that is in our genes, but I think it helps keep the hair healthy and good looking.

Quote Originally Posted by FearTheLoss View Post
    ...also it says on the bottle that is helps remove DHT from the scalp which nizoral does, but who knows if that is true.
    It is true that Nizoral takes care of DHT at the scalp. Nioxin does absolutely nothing about DHT.

Quote Originally Posted by FearTheLoss View Post
    Overall I feel my hair is better off using it, it doesn't stop hair from falling out because that is in our genes, but I think it helps keep the hair healthy and good looking.
    Any sulfate free shampoo does that. You do not have to pay the high price of Nioxin to gain that benefit. Any sulfate free shampoo will do that.