+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Quote Originally Posted by GuyFromUK View Post
    Thanks for posting this information.

You say you were in the process of tapering off when you had the 2nd test done. How frequently were you taking propecia at this stage? I.e. in the last 2 to 3 weeks before this test was taken how many times had you taken propecia?

The reason I ask this question is that in my opinion "tapering off" is almost impossible with propecia. Even if you take a very tiny dosage it obliterates you 5 alpha reductase which then takes up to 2 weeks to regenerate. This essentially means that even a very tiny dosage of propecia lowers your DHT levels for up to 2 weeks. So taking a very small dosage of propecia even several days apart is little different to taking a large dosage daily! It still has the same effect of lowering your DHT levels considerably for a couple of weeks.

If you had taken any propecia within 2 weeks before your 2nd test (even a tiny amount) then I would suggest that you were still effectively ON propecia and you were not "tapering off".

What I would assume from your test results is that whilst you were "on" propecia it lowered your testosterone levels considerably.

I would not panic at this stage. If I were you I would test your testosterone levels at least a month or two after you take your last dose of propecia. Hopefully then you will see your testosterone levels starting to rise back to normal.

I wish you the best of luck and please keep us informed of any further progress.
    At this point I was still technically on the drug. I was on (roughly) 0.006mg, like so small i barely chipped off any of the pill. I would take this tiny amount every other day and been on 0.006mg for about 2 weeks at this point, before that was 0.015mg. In fact those blood tests were taken the day before my last dosage. I did this because I remember someone posting a Propecia DHT inhibition curve that stated 0.25 inhibited 67% or as much as 1mg, 0.2 inhibited 60% and that 0.01 inhibited 10% so I was shooting for in between 0.2 and 0.1, which was my attempt at 0.015 and then i went down to 0.06 or closer to 0.1.

But yeah I'm not really panicking, though it was concerning. Id be panicking if I felt more negative sides. In fact my pelvic pain is considerably better today so hopefully it clears up over the next day or so, that would be great. Gonna talk about getting more blood tests when i see my doctor on Tuesday. At which point I will be a month and a half off the drug.

I've also been working out again and I don't feel tired or shitty after a work out and my lifts have stayed the same in weight. Pretty sure if I still had low T I would feel like shit and be weak? Someone correct me if I'm, wrong.