+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Default 19 with possible receding hairline (uneven)

Hello, I'm 19 years old and I've noticed my hairline looking a little lack luster lately. I've always had pretty bad dandruff ever since I can remember, and just recently I discovered I have a mild case of scalp psoriasis. I've always shed a lot of hair ever since I can remember as well, although it may have gotten more noticeable over the past few years. There is an uneven part of my hairline which has also been there for as long as I can remember, but I noticed that it seemed a little further back and less covered with hair then it used to be. What do you guys think? http://imgur.com/3praK http://imgur.com/9nQLe http://imgur.com/fYh3o http://imgur.com/L29mD http://i.imgur.com/NeZda.jpg Also as far all of my male relatives that I know still have their hair but I've never taken notice to their hairline.

Hello good sir,

I would advise you to take on the BIG 3.(http://www.baldtruthtalk.com/showthr...743&highlight=)

Or if this is to much for you, Fin would do an excellent job in altering your hair loss but be aware, side effects is possible. Visit your nearest dermatologist to prescribe you this drug or simply buy it here. (http://www.inhousepharmacy.biz/p-425-proscar-5mg.aspx) Just make sure you cut the pill into 4ths.

Quote Originally Posted by dudemanguy View Post
    What do you guys think?
    Judging by what I can see of your forelock, it looks like it may be type "A" MPB in process. You should see a doctor who specializes in treating hereditary hair loss. Take some time to evaluate your male blood relatives.

It would be a good idea to switch your shampoo and conditioner out for sulfate free shampoo and conditioner. It would also be a good idea to start using Nizoral A-D or Renepure shampoo once a week in place of your regular shampoo. Talk to the doctor about the two meds that are available, Rogaine & Propecia, to help you determine if they are right for you.

Thanks for the replies so far. I've been on all natural shampoo ever since I figured out sulfates and such aren't good for the body which has been a little over a year now. I also use almond oil for a facial moisturizer as well as after shower hair product. I really don't want to take pills or use rogaine to try and control hairloss as I feel it seems very unnatural and may even harm my body.

I really don't want to take pills or use rogaine to try and control hairloss as I feel it seems very unnatural...
    Hereditary hair loss is completely natural and normal. Attempting to slow down, stop or reverse hereditary is a very unnatural thing to do. No natural treatment is going to slow down, stop or reverse hereditary hair loss.

Inactive

Thanks for the replies so far. I've been on all natural shampoo ever since I figured out sulfates and such aren't good for the body which has been a little over a year now. I also use almond oil for a facial moisturizer as well as after shower hair product. I really don't want to take pills or use rogaine to try and control hairloss as I feel it seems very unnatural and may even harm my body.
    Then enjoy being NW7 in a few years. You're fighting your "unfavorable" genetics, of course it's unnatural.

Quote Originally Posted by Tracy C View Post
    Hereditary hair loss is completely natural and normal. Attempting to slow down, stop or reverse hereditary is a very unnatural thing to do. No natural treatment is going to slow down, stop or reverse hereditary hair loss.
    Quite right Tracy. This is why I never opted for medicine to delay the inevitable.

None of the products eliminate the DHT effects on the follicles. They just slow it down. For a guy who is 19 destined to be NW7 by time he is 30 or 35, then yes I would take the meds to keep as much as possible through my youth years.

But in the end, we need to accept that we will be bald. Once we fully accept this, then we can move onto the more important question.

How LONG until I am bald and HOW am I going bald. I got extremely lucky with my MPB and it has been very slow.

I would look at both my maternal and paternal grandfathers and try to get as many photos of them at age 20 to 45 as possible then assess which one you probably are. Then you can see what your hairline is going to look like in time.

Then the final question . Do we accept being bald, or do we want to do something about it? Some guys look good bald. Some ladies really like bald guys.

But I chose to replace my hair . This method is expensive, time consuming and there are medical risks. I think hair transplants are going to get cheaper and cheaper and with body hair and cloning for the future, most men will be able to have a full looking head of hair within the next 30 years max.

So , until then, if I were you I would pound away at the big 3 medications and try to keep as much hair as you can until you are 30. Hopefully body hair transplantation will be cheap and viable by then to supplement scalp hair.

If you will only do natural stuff, try the MPB "cure" from the mid 80's. It was called New generation first, Helsinki foruma a few years later. You can get it at health food stores - it's called polysorbate 60 or 80. It got a bad rap from the Helsinki people claiming it was a cure. The first company, new generations, was more honest and said it would only slow it down, which I found to be true in my case-though only for few years. And even if it doesn't work for you for mpb, it will help with the itch and dandruff that often accompanies it. It's like $5.00 a bottle so no harm if it doesn't work.

Quote Originally Posted by drybone View Post
    Quite right Tracy. This is why I never opted for medicine to delay the inevitable.

None of the products eliminate the DHT effects on the follicles. They just slow it down. For a guy who is 19 destined to be NW7 by time he is 30 or 35, then yes I would take the meds to keep as much as possible through my youth years.

But in the end, we need to accept that we will be bald. Once we fully accept this, then we can move onto the more important question.
    I agree that nothing (yet) will probably stop it forever , but I have seen a guy on ************ that has stopped it dead cold for 15+ years now on nothing but propecia. To me that is pretty darn good results.

How LONG until I am bald and HOW am I going bald. I got extremely lucky with my MPB and it has been very slow.
    Me too but it still sucks even if it's slow.

I would look at both my maternal and paternal grandfathers and try to get as many photos of them at age 20 to 45 as possible then assess which one you probably are. Then you can see what your hairline is going to look like in time.

Look at uncles too. Mine follows both my uncle, grandfather and great grandfather from what I was told. And photos unfortunately prove it. But I don't think this prediction trick will be accurate if your mpb is a mixture from both sides.

Then the final question . Do we accept being bald, or do we want to do something about it? Some guys look good bald. Some ladies really like bald guys.
    I have a friend since childhood who is like that. Her dad was bald by 40 so I think that has something to do with it. She even said she hoped I wouldn't try to fight it, which I always though was kind of strange. But I wonder how common it is for women to like it.

Quote Originally Posted by mpb47 View Post
    I agree that nothing (yet) will probably stop it forever...
    Castration usually stops MPB dead in it's tracks - for the rest of your life.

Just sayin'