+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by Tracy C View Post
    Castration usually stops MPB dead in it's tracks - for the rest of your life.

Just sayin'
    That's exactly what my biology teacher said years ago...you're not a teacher by any chance

Quote Originally Posted by mpb47 View Post
    I agree that nothing (yet) will probably stop it forever , but I have seen a guy on ************ that has stopped it dead cold for 15+ years now on nothing but propecia. To me that is pretty darn good results.

Me too but it still sucks even if it's slow.

Look at uncles too. Mine follows both my uncle, grandfather and great grandfather from what I was told. And photos unfortunately prove it. But I don't think this prediction trick will be accurate if your mpb is a mixture from both sides.

I have a friend since childhood who is like that. Her dad was bald by 40 so I think that has something to do with it. She even said she hoped I wouldn't try to fight it, which I always though was kind of strange. But I wonder how common it is for women to like it.
    Great post thanks for the read.

That's exactly what my biology teacher said years ago...you're not a teacher by any chance
    Not by profession. Haha. I have learned a lot since joining this forum. The other members keep pushing me to learn more. Anyays, I read about this here then was able to confirm that it is true.

Quote Originally Posted by drybone View Post
    Great post thanks for the read.

Here is another very unscientific and very weird way to predict when mpb will begin. It may be totally "old wives tale" but it did seem to be true for me.

One night a friend looked into both my ears- I asked her what she was doing and she replied she was looking to see if there was any sign of hair. She said once hair starts growing in your ears/nose, mpb will soon begin and swore she saw it happen to both her brother and one of her bf's. She said to periodically check for it and if I saw it, mpb would start soon.

Well I had mild recession at that point nothing else and my ears were clear. But a few years later , my crown started and I did find 1 or 2 hairs in my ears and also a bit more in my nose. Again, may be total bs, but figured I would mention it any case anyone else had noticed the same thing.

Quote Originally Posted by Highlander View Post
    I have to disagree with this.
    You are allowed to disagree - but you are still wrong. MPB is not hair loss that is induced by medication or "what not". My statement that castration will stop MPB is 100% correct and true. Your entire argument is invalid because the conditions you are describing is not MPB.

Quote Originally Posted by Tracy C View Post
    You are allowed to disagree - but you are still wrong. MPB is not hair loss that is induced by medication or "what not". My statement that castration will stop MPB is 100% correct and true. Your entire argument is invalid because the conditions you are describing is not MPB.
    He may be referring to the twin study that is always talked about.

One twin was castrated while very young, the other was not.

The normal twin developed mpb gradually over time, while the castrated twin kept all of his hair.

Later, like in middle age, the castrated twin was given testosterone and developed mpb rapidly and caught up with his brother in like 6 months...or so the story goes...

One twin was castrated while very young, the other was not.
    ........ human subjects?

Here is another very unscientific and very weird way to predict when mpb will begin. It may be totally "old wives tale" but it did seem to be true for me.

One night a friend looked into both my ears- I asked her what she was doing and she replied she was looking to see if there was any sign of hair. She said once hair starts growing in your ears/nose, mpb will soon begin and swore she saw it happen to both her brother and one of her bf's. She said to periodically check for it and if I saw it, mpb would start soon.

Well I had mild recession at that point nothing else and my ears were clear. But a few years later , my crown started and I did find 1 or 2 hairs in my ears and also a bit more in my nose. Again, may be total bs, but figured I would mention it any case anyone else had noticed the same thing.
    My friends idea of checking my ears for hair growth may not be so crazy after all. Check out this this site had to say:

"It is interesting that testosterone effects axillary and pubic hair, whereas DHT effects beard growth, patterned baldness and the appearance of hair in the nose and ears (something that older men experience). Scalp hair growth, however, is not androgen dependent, only scalp hair loss depends on androgens."

So she may have been right after all. I noticed the new hair had started appearing along with a temporarily extra high libido very shortly before my crown began to thin. Anyone else notice this?

Here is the link:
    http://www.newhair.com/causes-of-hair-loss.html

Quote Originally Posted by BigThinker View Post
    ........ human subjects?
    Yes ...do a Google search. Even Spenser mentions it in a book:

http://books.google.com/books?id=5-4...20bald&f=false

One of of the studies I read made it a point to mention that the normal boy developed MPB gradually over many years, which is how it often happens to many of us. But the castrated boy was not given Testosterone to around middle age and caught up to his normal brother in like 6 months.

Also do a seach on Google for FTM. Many women report rapid mpb and some think women get mpb faster than men, if given testosterone. My guess is that they are simply catching up to where their brother would be had they been given T at the same time their brothers got it naturally at puberty. Just a guess but it makes sense.

Also this news article says castration makes you live longer. Maybe get nipped at 70+ when nothing works anyway

http://vitals.nbcnews.com/_news/2012...udy-finds?lite

Many years ago, the catholic church would have musically gifted choir boys castrated so their voices would not change. Another result of these boys being castrated so young is they never developed MPB. They never even developed the mature male hair line.

MTF transsexuals who have MPB experience the condition coming to a halt after they are castrated during the sex change operation. They don't grow much hair back - if any at all - but their MPB stops dead in it's tracks.