+ Reply to Thread

Default Minoxidil Side Effects

I'm a NW2.5 and have found that I get pretty bad propecia side effects.

It looks like my last hope is minoxidil, but I am worried that I will also get unwanted side effects from this.

Just wanted to see how many minoxidil users have experienced side effects such as facial bloating, premature wrinkles, dark eye circles etc.?

Also please state - 1) how long you have been on minoxidil 2) once or twice a day application

Thanks!

I apply Minox once a day before bedtime and so far, nine months later, I have had good results and no side effects.

Quote Originally Posted by ravegrover View Post
    I apply Minox once a day before bedtime and so far, nine months later, I have had good results and no side effects.
    Where are you applying it?

Quote Originally Posted by concentrate View Post
    I'm a NW2.5 and have found that I get pretty bad propecia side effects.

It looks like my last hope is minoxidil, but I am worried that I will also get unwanted side effects from this.

Just wanted to see how many minoxidil users have experienced side effects such as facial bloating, premature wrinkles, dark eye circles etc.?

Also please state - 1) how long you have been on minoxidil 2) once or twice a day application

Thanks!
    Most people don't get any at all. Whether it works for them is another matter, but as long as you stick to the recommended dose (trying once a day at the start and tapering on to it is a good idea too) it's worth a try. Dark eye circles seems like such a strange side effect to attribute to minox considering there's so many other things that can cause them anyway (I know I've had them long before I touched the stuff, probably due to a bizarre sleep schedule)

Unfortunately for me I had side effects when I tried it, both twice a day and once a day, but they were pretty severe (at the time, completely gone now) and seem more like I'm just incredibly sensitive to the stuff than anything else as I'm yet to see anyone else who's had a similar experience, just plenty of people who either didn't have any side effects at all or it didn't work for. Or people who got them but assumed because it was an over the counter medication it's okay to use insane amounts of the stuff. Which it isn't.

I'd just give it a go personally, especially if you feel it's your last resort you're going to be wondering and may well end up trying it eventually anyway - so it's better to try it when you have more hair to play with. Just because you got side effects from finasteride doesn't mean you'll get any from minox, seen as they work completely differently.

Quote Originally Posted by concentrate View Post
    Also please state - 1) how long you have been on minoxidil 2) once or twice a day application.
    I have been using Rogaine and generic Minoxidil since 2008 and have experienced no side effects at all. No wrinkles, no facial bloating, no fast heart rate - nothing.

I grew a lot of hair back with this medication.

It is important for you to know that Minoxidil is for treating Male and Female patterned baldness. For males that means hair loss in the vertex and mid-anterior areas. Most males cannot regrow hair that is lost from the hair line, especially temple hair for caucasion males. Some males can - but most males cannot.

Quote Originally Posted by Jcm800 View Post
    Where are you applying it?
    I apply it in the front and mid-anterior regions. Most improvement so far has been in mid-anterior region.

I got the bloat and puffy eyes from rogaine. Pretty much looks terrible in the morning than fades away throughout the day. I went off it for about two months and just looked fresher, no puffy eyes. So it goes away, pretty quickly too. At the same time i got great regrowth just wasnt worth looking stressed out. I have some clear pics that shows a obvious difference if you want them just im me. Thats my two cents.