+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 38 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 13 ... LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by gc83uk View Post
    No because I don't believe it enough to ask it to the master that is Gho.
    Hehe. Last time I asked Kristel about it I got an inconclusive answer. I'll email her right away to get it once and for all sorted out. According to her, the 80% regrowth is excluding the failed extractions so *in theory* it shouldn't even matter. But nevertheless, still would like to get to the bottom of it.

Quote Originally Posted by JJJJrS View Post
    HASCI has preformed multiple procedure where they extracted 2000+ grafts. I've also been told that they've done a procedure of 3000+ grafts in a session so I don't think that rule exists.
    Sure, but such cases are rather rare. There must be 2 essential facts to be able to do this:

1) Really BIG areas/safe zones = bigger heads;
    2) The donor area must be "excellent" for HST extractions (no curly hair etc) PLUS an above average DENSITY in the donor area.

Without these 2 essential facts - NO WAY on one hand, "too risky" concerning the donor regeneration rate on the other hand.

If gc is asking Dr. Gho the same question tomorrow - I'm almost 100% sure that he will say exactly the same.

Quote Originally Posted by 534623 View Post
    Sure, but such cases are rather rare. There must be 2 essential facts to be able to do this:

1) Really BIG areas/safe zones = bigger heads;
    2) The donor area must be "excellent" for HST extractions (no curly hair etc) PLUS an above average DENSITY in the donor area.

Without these 2 essential facts - NO WAY on one hand, "too risky" concerning the donor regeneration rate on the other hand.

If gc is asking Dr. Gho the same question tomorrow - I'm almost 100% sure that he will say exactly the same.
    By the way ...

I'm also almost 100% sure, that around 7 years ago, in the very early beginnings of the HST technique - they tried this indeed and also with not "bigger heads" and extracted -in addition- too dense.
    Guess what happend - or in other words, guess why they are so carefully today with high extraction numbers.

Quick question;

If I'm coming in from Canada, how long should I stay around one of the HSI clinics? Would coming down for the weekend be enough time for a single day session or would I need to be in the area longer, as in, 7 days to do a one week follow up? My current job gives me plenty of vacation time per year, but I'm still in my first year and *may not* be able to take a whole week off until 1 year has passed.

Is 1 week follow up necessary?

Whats deal with it

Quote Originally Posted by hellouser View Post
    Quick question;

If I'm coming in from Canada, how long should I stay around one of the HSI clinics? Would coming down for the weekend be enough time for a single day session or would I need to be in the area longer, as in, 7 days to do a one week follow up? My current job gives me plenty of vacation time per year, but I'm still in my first year and *may not* be able to take a whole week off until 1 year has passed.
    You're allowed to fly immediately after surgery. However if you want to wear a hat, you have to wait 4-5 days before you can do that (in order not to damage the grafts). No follow up is needed.

It makes sense to wait for wounds to heal up before flying, it will look freaky

are you saying when you leave clinic afer op you not allowed to put hat on?

Can you do a combover?

Quote Originally Posted by didi View Post
    It makes sense to wait for wounds to heal up before flying, it will look freaky
    Compared to regular FUE you really don't look that bad the next day. Especially the donor looks quite good. Of course the recipient is very red, but it's not bloody, whereas with regular FUE it looks like you're all butchered up ...

Sure, you can lock yourself up for a few days in a hotel and get roomservice but it's going to be boring as hell. I'd fly the next day instead and relax at home.

are you saying when you leave clinic afer op you not allowed to put hat on?
    Not a regular hat, no. At the clinic they can can supply something you can wear and which supposedly wouldn't damage the grafts but man, why would you even take the risk ?

Quote Originally Posted by Arashi View Post
    Compared to regular FUE you really don't look that bad the next day. Especially the donor looks quite good. Of course the recipient is very red, but it's not bloody, whereas with regular FUE it looks like you're all butchered up ...

Sure, you can lock yourself up for a few days in a hotel and get roomservice but it's going to be boring as hell. I'd fly the next day instead and relax at home.

Not a regular hat, no. At the clinic they can can supply something you can wear and which supposedly wouldn't damage the grafts but man, why would you even take the risk ?
    Might as well stay in London or Amsterdam for a few days and do a little sight seeing while I'm there. But thanks for the info! Looks like I'll be able to get the procedure done over a weekend when I get a monday or friday off from a regular holiday.