+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast

Thanks for sharing the photos Arashi! I hope you continue to have successful growth.

Arashi,
    Looking good man!! I like your hairline..
    Are you going for another session this year ? Or you gonna wait longer to see how your hairloss progress before you proceed ?

Thanks guys. Regarding another session, I don't know yet, I think I will wait and see how this previous one pans out and decide then.

that is really a good question and also I am in the same situation, the next move is really not easy do decide.

1) you need to check if you are satisifed with the 1st result
    2) is it reasonnable to implant hairs in area where there is still a lot of existing hairs?
    3) is it better to wait if HST will improve and/or if other treatments are really soon to be available
    4) one HST costing you around 10K, it's like, you can easily move on, 2 HST and having spent 20K and still doubting about the technique etc etc.... this is another story.

I was thinking yesterday about donor thinning and also realising you might have in your recipient, a fair amount of hairs that are sensitive to MBP as donor seems not to be safe either!!! it's depressing, looks like the Sisyphe punishment or myth, neverending worries.

That's why, a technique who could really multiply hairs, would be so nice, then you don't care, you extract a sample of 200 hairs from donor, you multiply them to thousands... and you get them implanted.... repeating it twice or three times.

Quote Originally Posted by caddarik79 View Post
    that is really a good question and also I am in the same situation, the next move is really not easy do decide.

1) you need to check if you are satisifed with the 1st result
    2) is it reasonnable to implant hairs in area where there is still a lot of existing hairs?
    3) is it better to wait if HST will improve and/or if other treatments are really soon to be available
    4) one HST costing you around 10K, it's like, you can easily move on, 2 HST and having spent 20K and still doubting about the technique etc etc.... this is another story.

I was thinking yesterday about donor thinning and also realising you might have in your recipient, a fair amount of hairs that are sensitive to MBP as donor seems not to be safe either!!! it's depressing, looks like the Sisyphe punishment or myth, neverending worries.

That's why, a technique who could really multiply hairs, would be so nice, then you don't care, you extract a sample of 200 hairs from donor, you multiply them to thousands... and you get them implanted.... repeating it twice or three times.
    At this stage, Im pretty confident with the technique and HST is the only hair transplant i'll ever consider with the current options.
    The only thing worrys me about going for the second op is that my hair is diffusing and im not on fin (only using nizoral and minox once aday for now) so;
    would it be wise to thicken the front even though i might lose the rest (god knows when) and then will look unnatural till i go for more HSTs ?
    would it be wise to thicken the front even though i might lose the rest (god knows when) and then will look unnatural till i go for more HSTs ?
    Would it be wise to transplant all over including the diffused areas ?
    Or should i wait and see how my hair lose will progress and then decide the next move ?

But to tell you the truth, im pretty tempted to go for another pass!

same, I don't know what to do!!!

i can't wait for having this ****ing top of the head full of hairs, I have enough of this life around hair even if I manage...

My thoughts were, maybe three big sessions, the three first years (2 on front, one in the crown)

and then, fill it in at your rythm and pray that it evolves in something cheaper and even better than now.

This is the worst thing about hairloss, it ****s you up psychologically. One day you think your hair is ok for now, the next day u dont like it and want to have something done about it.

You just cant live without thinking about it 25 times a day.

Myself, only my hairline + temples are receded at this point, but its harassing me psychologically on a daily basis. I am thinking of doing one hst to fill in my temples and lower hairline maybe by 0.5-1cm. The problem is im not sure if hasci would do something like this because im only 22 years old. On the other hand i havent lost much since 3 years that i monitor my hairloss and they did an operation to the swedish guy tobban who is only 24 too.

I would never do something like fue or fut, because of the scars and donor depletion. However with hst, it seems like the only thing i am risking is some money and a little bit of donor ( 20% of total grafts). If it is only that, i dont mind being broke for a year, if i can buy peace of mind for maybe 2-3 years.

yeah mate, I totally understand, had the same...am 33, and would like to ger rid for good of that bitch.

when you see the cost, soooo discrimating, you have to pay 10k for a 35g/cm2 piece of hairline...it is for sure the most costy aesthetic intervention...in the name of what?

for some people a rhinoplasty will be a change of life, cost 5k, only once...

and yes, the nightmare continues when you see NW7 with thinning donor and you think that half of your hst transplanted might be gone one day...even if you paid them 10k....

we need much better than this, or to manage to live with it , get over itand enjoy life, but pppffffffffffffff

Arashi

Are you worried about the progression of your hairloss?

I mean, will you be able to keep having repeat procedures as your hair recedes? That's the thing stopping me from going for a HT

Quote Originally Posted by garethbale View Post
    Arashi

Are you worried about the progression of your hairloss?
    No, not really. I'm late 30's now, my hairloss started early 20's and it's just been a linear loss so far, slowly but steady over the years. As long as it stays linear (and doesn't progress beyond that speed) I'll be fine. I'm confident we'll have a real solid cure within 10 years, so that's what I see as the period you'll need to bridge with HT's. Should easily be doable in my case, unless of course my hairloss speed increases but so far I've not seen anything like that.

Of course I'd also have to change my opinion if my final result is nowhere as good as I'm expecting, but so far it looks good.