+ Reply to Thread

Default How to stop it before it starts?

Hey all,

I am 23, and my hair is starting to thin. It is not so obvious yet, but I can tell and people who really know me can tell. I am fine with my hair now, but I know pretty soon it will be bad.

What would you guys suggest to try and stop it in its track. I thought bout rograine, but the shedding scares me. I thought about proceia, but the hormonial things scare me.

Also, the loss is down my scalp and in front, but I am not balding at the crown.

please keep in mind that I m on budget, and cant afford the "big 3".

any advice would be great.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_0962.jpg

Size:	93.3 KB
ID:	18705   Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_0963.jpg

Size:	99.1 KB
ID:	18706  

Quote Originally Posted by mudkipper View Post
    Hey all,

I am 23, and my hair is starting to thin. It is not so obvious yet, but I can tell and people who really know me can tell. I am fine with my hair now, but I know pretty soon it will be bad.

What would you guys suggest to try and stop it in its track. I thought bout rograine, but the shedding scares me. I thought about proceia, but the hormonial things scare me.

Also, the loss is down my scalp and in front, but I am not balding at the crown.

please keep in mind that I m on budget, and cant afford the "big 3".

any advice would be great.
    Finasteride is the only thing that will keep your hairloss from progressing.

Inactive

If you can't afford the big 3, enjoy being a slick NW7. Outside of those things, only more expensive research chems can do anything.

The only proven and FDA approved medications that can treat hereditary hair loss in men are Rogaine and Propecia. Both are available in less expensive generic forms. Propecia can arrest your hair loss so it does not get worse. Rogaine can thicken your hair back up. Both medications have a shedding phase associated with them. You can possibly reduce the shedding by tapering up to your dose rather than starting off with the full daily dose. It is also possible to avoid or reduce side effects by tapering up. If you are unable to use either of these two medications that are proven to work and FDA approved, you need to learn to accept that you are losing your hair and live your life to the fullest anyways.

Quote Originally Posted by Tracy C View Post
    The only proven and FDA approved medications that can treat hereditary hair loss in men are Rogaine and Propecia. Both are available in less expensive generic forms. Propecia can arrest your hair loss so it does not get worse. Rogaine can thicken your hair back up. Both medications have a shedding phase associated with them. You can possibly reduce the shedding by tapering up to your dose rather than starting off with the full daily dose. It is also possible to avoid or reduce side effects by tapering up. If you are unable to use either of these two medications that are proven to work and FDA approved, you need to learn to accept that you are losing your hair and live your life to the fullest anyways.

I guess there re much more things than being bald, but I will try to stop it.
    Can i use propecia without using the other 2 with it? As of now, I just want to keep what I have, not grow new hair.

Do I need prescription? I got one, but it was about 80 for month supply. cn I find it cheaper online?

Thanks for your help.

Can i use propecia without using the other 2 with it?
    Of course you can. Many men do. Talk it over with your doctor.