+ Reply to Thread

Hybrid View

Default People who quit Propecia please come here

So I've been off Propecia almost a month now. Everything seems good now, lots of sex dream, morning erections even random erections during the day. I had some weird transitioning period as i was quitting and lowering my dosage like ball ache and pelvis pain, but that went away. When i quit completely, outside some mild ball ache for a day or two, there was no side effects or anything the first 3 weeks off the drug.

But at the 3rd week I got that pelvis pain i mentioned early again. To describe it its like below my abdominal but above my junk, pretty much the area where your pubes grow, but behind it. It's not exactly painful but its pretty uncomfortable almost like you're wearing pants that are way to tight there.

I'm worried because after 3 weeks I assumed this was all over, and this pain has now lasted for about 6 days. I'm pretty damn sure its related to Propecia since it's the exact same feeling i had when i lowered my dosage and got it plus other weird changes to my body.

So my question is to anyone who quit did you have anything like this happen? How long did it last? Do you think this will go away in a week or two?

Quote Originally Posted by Cr779 View Post
    So I've been off Propecia almost a month now. Everything seems good now, lots of sex dream, morning erections even random erections during the day. I had some weird transitioning period as i was quitting and lowering my dosage like ball ache and pelvis pain, but that went away. When i quit completely, outside some mild ball ache for a day or two, there was no side effects or anything the first 3 weeks off the drug.

But at the 3rd week I got that pelvis pain i mentioned early again. To describe it its like below my abdominal but above my junk, pretty much the area where your pubes grow, but behind it. It's not exactly painful but its pretty uncomfortable almost like you're wearing pants that are way to tight there.

I'm worried because after 3 weeks I assumed this was all over, and this pain has now lasted for about 6 days. I'm pretty damn sure its related to Propecia since it's the exact same feeling i had when i lowered my dosage and got it plus other weird changes to my body.

So my question is to anyone who quit did you have anything like this happen? How long did it last? Do you think this will go away in a week or two?
    I quit Propecia quite a while ago now and I find that occasionally I still get the odd ache around my groin, I used to get a stinging sensation close to my belly button too, I think it's just your body readjusting to pre propecia life again. Play it safe and just give your doctor a call let him know its happening but I think it will eventually subside.

Why'd you guys quit?

I'd give it a little more time man...you said you've seen improvement overall since you stopped, so theres no reason to think this won't go away too. I stopped after 6mths and it took me about a month to feel right, so I think as long as you have seen improvent over the past month you'll be fine. Give it another week or 2 and I'm sure you'll be fine.

Thanks for the replies. Yeah I'm staying positive that it will get better and go away. I just heard so many stories about how its all supposed to be cleared up after 2 weeks and guys who quit and it was like nothing changed and didn't have an adjustment period. Just wanted to hear if there were other people like me who took a little longer than 2 weeks before they went back to normal. Weird too because I had no sides on the drug but had a bunch of weirdness getting off it, man hormones are weird. And thanks Kayman, I have a doctors appointment about something unrelated in the next week so ill give him a heads up when im there.

Super star, I quit because one night I kinda had an epiphany of what life would be like if I ended up like one of those guys who crashed and had PFS. I mean sure I didn't have sides but some guys get sides 5 years in and stuff. I don't disagree with the numbers but I realized that if I ended up in that 1-2% I would never forgive myself. I scared myself so bad I gave myself ED for a week, in that week I really REALLY realized what was important to me and hair is not. So over a month and a half I lowered my dosage down from .25 to talking almost nothing every other day. If that answers your question. If you wanna know anything else I'd be happy to answer.

hey Cr779,

I had a very similar experience where I came home one night and out of the blue I thought to myself, "is there a chance this drug can screw me up long-term." Once that fear settled in I almost felt like vomiting at the thought of taking the pill.

How long were you on it for? I was on it for 2 1/2 years and the drug had spectacular results for my hair. I had just begun to thin in the crown area so I had a great full head of hair after being on it.. I've been really struggling watching my hair slowly thin and at the thought of where I will eventually end up. I've been off the drug now for 4 1/2 months.

Quote Originally Posted by Cr779 View Post

Ahhh... you realize the area you are talking here is the area the drug was actually designed to target... your PROSTRATE GLAND. Of course it's going to feel different. It probably hurts a bit more, and you prob have to pee a lot more, because the drug actually alleviates that area not just your hair.

Quote Originally Posted by skipstah70 View Post
    Ahhh... you realize the area you are talking here is the area the drug was actually designed to target... your PROSTRATE GLAND. Of course it's going to feel different. It probably hurts a bit more, and you prob have to pee a lot more, because the drug actually alleviates that area not just your hair.
    Has anybody said f*u*c*k propecia yet?

I actually wouldnt mind it if merc refined the drug so that the 60% of people that get side effects didnt get side effects.