+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by abadacus View Post
    Maybe Spex or one of the doc's on the board might know.. I would be interested in their opinions too . I asked about cost and generics when asking my dermatologist in Portland about propecia/finasteride and when I made the decision and called a few days later she just gave me an rx and I filled it so I assume she thinks it's ok.
    That's pretty cool of him/her. My derm has been really chill so far, so I'm hoping she will allow me to cut 5mg Rx.

Propecia 1mg went generic this month. Walmart has it in generic form for 63 dollars, but it will continue to get cheaper as the months go by thats what the pharmacist said. 5mg generic Proscar is cheap! I just don't want to deal with cutting pills.

So.. just thought I'd update.. 30 Days officially down and zero side effects .. also no change in the hair. Of course at this point I wouldn't expect anything.. I haven't had any shedding at all.. not sure if that's a good thing or bad. I know it's not possible but I would say if I had to say if my hair was worse or better I would say better. So I'll update again at another 30 days.. Is there a way to update the original 1st post? no "edit" selection by it so I'm guessing no.

Glad to hear no sides. Hope that continues, in addition to halted hair loss of course.

ok.. 60 days down. Still no noticeable side effects. And as far as my hair.. I would say for sure that it has not receded or thinned more. I would say if anything it's better than when I started.. if anything. Not sure what it is but it looks a little more substantial in the receding/thinning temple area. Next month I'll update with some photos. Is there a way to update the original post?.. I'm not seeing any 'edit' buttons for it..... or will I need to start a new thread? or should I just append this one?

ok.. pushing 90 days.. still no side effects and I feel if anything the same or better... I don't really get it.. either I've been paying way more attention to my hairline and I'm used to the recession or it's getting better .. but I know it's too soon , I'm confused but happier then I was 3 months ago, I've also lost 15lbs. Here's one photo that's a bit untelling , and for some unknown reason the others which I took many times were just were blurry enough that it wasn't helpful at all.. and I'm too lazy to take new ones and upload so I'll do it at the 120day update.

edited... added the original photo.. just got a haircut today.. the one on the left is newer.. on the right is 90 days ago.. yeah can't tell much difference .. wish I woulda took better original shots @#$%^&~!!
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	meee.jpg

Size:	84.5 KB
ID:	20238   Click image for larger version

Name:	me1.jpg

Size:	42.2 KB
ID:	20239  

ok this is ridiculous.. I tried again and only luck with one.. well maybe next month!! Inconclusive.. but not worse.. at least I have that
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	me2.jpg

Size:	46.4 KB
ID:	20243  

Quote Originally Posted by abadacus View Post
    I've also lost 15lbs.
    Have you been trying to lose weight through exercise and diet? Is it all fat which you have lost?

Yeah.. on purpose. Eating a little less and exercising a few days a week. Fin hasn't changed my weight either way and hasn't made it more difficult for me to lose. I gain and lose the same 20lbs every year or 2 and nothing is different this time when losing.

Dang, homie! You don't play around -- same clothes even for the time lapse pics. Hah.

But, Your hair looks better in my opinion. It appears thicker, but I can't really say that with much confidence. Regardless, the shorter hair suits you; you look sharp enough to split atoms, brajjjjj.

I'm about a month and 1/4 in on finasteride myself. Been shedding like crazy the last week. Any noticeable shedding for you?

Overall, thanks for taking the time to share, and I hope you continue to in the future.

Best regards.