+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Newbie ?'s

Default Newbie ?'s

Hi all, my name is Kelly, and I recently came across this site...

Like most of you, I found this site while researching what to do for my hair loss/recently increased thinning.
    It's been comforting to read so many real success stories, and frightening to read of those going through the trials and tribulations of sides and continued thinning while finding the right tx.

When assessing my appearance in the mirror, I believe I am at a 2-2.5 at the moment, w/continued rapid thinning throughout. I can post pics in a day or two. My stomach goes into knots when looking at pics as recent as just one year ago, w/me having MUCH thicker hair, as well as a MUCH lower hair line.

After reading many threads on here re: tx's, I believe my course of action will be the Big 3, however I am a bit skeptical as to how much the minox can improve my raising hair line...the description on the box states it doesn't work in the frontal areas, however some stories I've read here report otherwise. What's the general concensus for frontal thinning/raised hair line/overal thinning throughout?

Thank you all for your time and thoughts!

Kelly

Quote Originally Posted by 595 View Post
    Hi all, my name is Kelly, and I recently came across this site...

Like most of you, I found this site while researching what to do for my hair loss/recently increased thinning.
    It's been comforting to read so many real success stories, and frightening to read of those going through the trials and tribulations of sides and continued thinning while finding the right tx.

When assessing my appearance in the mirror, I believe I am at a 2-2.5 at the moment, w/continued rapid thinning throughout. I can post pics in a day or two. My stomach goes into knots when looking at pics as recent as just one year ago, w/me having MUCH thicker hair, as well as a MUCH lower hair line.

After reading many threads on here re: tx's, I believe my course of action will be the Big 3, however I am a bit skeptical as to how much the minox can improve my raising hair line...the description on the box states it doesn't work in the frontal areas, however some stories I've read here report otherwise. What's the general concensus for frontal thinning/raised hair line/overal thinning throughout?

Thank you all for your time and thoughts!

Kelly
    Propecia and Minox can bring your hairline back a little depending on the person and how early you start treatment, it will certainly thicken and fill out what you have remaining. The only way to find out is to try it, it works differently for different people. The most common outcome is stabilizing the loss and increasing density in the hair you already have and then retaining it.

For minoxidil? It can help on the hairline, I wouldn't reccomend overdosing on the hairline but definitely put a little on the hairline.

Fin would probably do more though, especially if you are early in the process and have alot of vellus hairs throughout.

Dont expect miracles, but hope for moderate reinforcement and stablization of your hairloss.

What's the general consensus for generic minoxidil foam?

I've been on minox for only 3 months and I've noticed significant growth at my temples.

In fact there's about a 3/4 inch area that looks like I've shaved it to a number 2 at the moment, pretty thick hair.

Needless to say, I'm quite pleased.

I found this company via a link on EBay...has anyone ordered fin from this source?
    http://buypropeciarealonline.biz

Quote Originally Posted by 595 View Post
    I found this company via a link on EBay...has anyone ordered fin from this source?
    http://buypropeciarealonline.biz
    Their pricing is very good; I just need to know if they're legit.
    Anyone?

Inactive

The only source I can vouch for is inhousepharmacy. I, and many other users here, order from there.

Thank you for the replies everyone. I think I'm going to order from inhouse pharmacy.

I ordered their generic "fincar" 5mg the other day, and am anxiously awaiting it's arrival.
    I'm planning on following Spex's advice re: loading phase.