+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3

I've had over 5000 beard hair taken from below my jawline, and don't consider my beard to be extra dense or thick. There are still some grafts available if I felt I needed more for my scalp, but I would only guess there are around 500-750 that can be extracted below my jawline.

I think the next logical step, if sticking with beard, would be to extract some grafts from the chin area, as it is far more dense than anywhere else above the jawline.

Beard hair for people with no scalp donor is a game changer.

Quote Originally Posted by wylie View Post
    I've had over 5000 beard hair taken from below my jawline, and don't consider my beard to be extra dense or thick. There are still some grafts available if I felt I needed more for my scalp, but I would only guess there are around 500-750 that can be extracted below my jawline.

I think the next logical step, if sticking with beard, would be to extract some grafts from the chin area, as it is far more dense than anywhere else above the jawline.

Amazing. How long ago did you have this procedure?
    "Gillenator"
    Independent Patient Advocate
    more.hair@verizon.net

NOTE: I am not a physician and not employed by any doctor/clinic. My opinions are not medical advice nor are they the opinions of the following endorsing physicians: Dr. Bob True & Dr. Bob Dorin

Which doctor did your body hair transplant?

Quote Originally Posted by gillenator View Post
    I've had 4 procedures in total. The first procedure was 2200 grafts, 1500 scalp donor were extracted by Dr. Umar when a strip surgeon could get nothing. Then I had roughly 1500 beard (each surgery) extracted over the course of three more surgeries, my last one was 6 months ago, the first was back in 2010. Around 6000 (give or take) in total.

My hair has been transformed, and it was a horror story before. A serious horror story, the kind of hair that made someone wince. I still have a bald crown, and this is partly responsible for me wearing a hat, and the other reason for this is because it has become habit forming after having to wear a hat for around 20 years.

My hair is not perfect, and it never will be, but what is most important is something one can live with and be comfortable with. I'm not completely comfortable yet, but there are alot of reasons for this, and I have to work on my psyche more than my hair.

But I can go out in public, without a hat, and not obsess over my hair now. I would have to spend alot more money to fill in my crown and I don't have that kind of money to spend. I also wish I could cut my hair very short in the front, and I can't, in order to conceal prior plugs, I have to have around an inch and a half length to properly conceal the previous work. It can be concealed now, though, and I honestly thought 10 years ago that this would never happen. I thought repair was hopeless, for many years (about 7 or 8)

It is what it is. And it is a completely different situation than it was before Dr. Umar put beard and scalp hair in. The hairline is exceptional work. You don't have to be butchered to get an amazing result, in my opinion, from someone like Dr. Umar. It does help to be wealthy though.

Thumbs up

I've had 4 procedures in total. The first procedure was 2200 grafts, 1500 scalp donor were extracted by Dr. Umar when a strip surgeon could get nothing. Then I had roughly 1500 beard (each surgery) extracted over the course of three more surgeries, my last one was 6 months ago, the first was back in 2010. Around 6000 (give or take) in total.

My hair has been transformed, and it was a horror story before. A serious horror story, the kind of hair that made someone wince. I still have a bald crown, and this is partly responsible for me wearing a hat, and the other reason for this is because it has become habit forming after having to wear a hat for around 20 years.

My hair is not perfect, and it never will be, but what is most important is something one can live with and be comfortable with. I'm not completely comfortable yet, but there are alot of reasons for this, and I have to work on my psyche more than my hair.

But I can go out in public, without a hat, and not obsess over my hair now. I would have to spend alot more money to fill in my crown and I don't have that kind of money to spend. I also wish I could cut my hair very short in the front, and I can't, in order to conceal prior plugs, I have to have around an inch and a half length to properly conceal the previous work. It can be concealed now, though, and I honestly thought 10 years ago that this would never happen. I thought repair was hopeless, for many years (about 7 or 8)

It is what it is. And it is a completely different situation than it was before Dr. Umar put beard and scalp hair in. The hairline is exceptional work. You don't have to be butchered to get an amazing result, in my opinion, from someone like Dr. Umar. It does help to be wealthy though.

Atticus:

I agree. This is why Dr. Umar takes on cases that other HT docs won't take

wylie,

The bottom line is that you have experienced a totally new level of freedom and that you are happy with the work!

And you make a very valid and practical point involving one's psyche.

You know what the past work produced compared to the freedom that you are now experiencing.

Very happy for you Wylie!
    "Gillenator"
    Independent Patient Advocate
    more.hair@verizon.net

NOTE: I am not a physician and not employed by any doctor/clinic. My opinions are not medical advice nor are they the opinions of the following endorsing physicians: Dr. Bob True & Dr. Bob Dorin

Default Name of DR who performed your surgery

Quote Originally Posted by ejj View Post
    I agree it all depends on your donor density , i have had 3000 with no visible marks or scarring , with a good even extraction pattern that has left no noticible thinning of my beard , im planning on using another 3 - 4 thousand to finish my repair

hope this helps

ejj
    Name of Doctor who performed your surgery and address if possible. I want beard graft, but here in AR there are no Doctor's who do beards

Quote Originally Posted by gillenator View Post
    Would you please inform me of the Doctor who performed your surgery. I need a beard transplant, but no Doctor here in Arkansas who does this. Please inform me how tto contact this Doctor. Much thanks.