+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast
    IAHRS Recommended Hair Transplant Surgeon Dr. Glenn Charles's Avatar

Interesting comments. To have 6000 FU's removed from a beard area the patient has to have really good density to begin with.
    Dr. Glenn Charles
    Member, International Alliance of Hair Restoration Surgeons
    View my IAHRS Profile

Beard hair has become the savior to so many of us who are repair patients. Ejj and Topcat are two great examples. Without this option, our chances of even a slight improvement would be hopeless. Exhaust scalp hair as a number one donor then use beard as a filler... so often results are more than acceptable. With The number of beard grafts available to so many, it completely changes both the game plan and outcome.

Cole told me on Friday he could get 3k to 5k from me from beard, which is what I'm planning on using in scars early next year.

For fun he pulled two out my beard and put it in scar, I must say on Monday it looks no worse than razor burn.

IAHRS Recommended Hair Transplant Surgeon Dr. Glenn Charles's Avatar

That's great that some patients will have another option to do some fill in or repair using beard hairs.
    Dr. Glenn Charles
    Member, International Alliance of Hair Restoration Surgeons
    View my IAHRS Profile

It certainly has legit potential, but it is still BHT. If the two we planted from my beard to scar take, I'll take the next logical step of a couple hundred. If that works, game on.

Quote Originally Posted by ITNEVERRAINS View Post
    It certainly has legit potential, but it is still BHT. If the two we planted from my beard to scar take, I'll take the next logical step of a couple hundred. If that works, game on.
    A wise approach indeed, doing a test procedure beforehand.
    "Gillenator"
    Independent Patient Advocate
    more.hair@verizon.net

NOTE: I am not a physician and not employed by any doctor/clinic. My opinions are not medical advice nor are they the opinions of the following endorsing physicians: Dr. Bob True & Dr. Bob Dorin

Yes Northeastguy I don’t want to ever take my progress for granted, the beard hair along with the scalp and chest hair has been life changing. I should probably say it more often but I get too caught up what I see as still wrong in this industry. I would consider myself one of those repair patients that tried to make the best of a bad situation all these years but even with that there were plenty of times I just passed on an outing because maybe that particular day the hair situation kind of overwhelmed me but I always would come around in a day or so and push forward.

I don’t have those days any more where I am overwhelmed. The hair no longer stops me I can get on with my life and take my aspirations to the next level. I waited a very long time and I never gave up. It almost feels like being released from a prison.

Out of habit I still wait for the eyes to be directed to my hairline when I'm having a conversation with someone. It's grown to be almost a reflex expectation but it just doesn't happen any more I can't even believe it myself sometimes.

Quote Originally Posted by topcat View Post
    Yes Northeastguy I don’t want to ever take my progress for granted, the beard hair along with the scalp and chest hair has been life changing. I should probably say it more often but I get too caught up what I see as still wrong in this industry. I would consider myself one of those repair patients that tried to make the best of a bad situation all these years but even with that there were plenty of times I just passed on an outing because maybe that particular day the hair situation kind of overwhelmed me but I always would come around in a day or so and push forward.

I don’t have those days any more where I am overwhelmed. The hair no longer stops me I can get on with my life and take my aspirations to the next level. I waited a very long time and I never gave up. It almost feels like being released from a prison.

Out of habit I still wait for the eyes to be directed to my hairline when I'm having a conversation with someone. It's grown to be almost a reflex expectation but it just doesn't happen any more I can't even believe it myself sometimes.
    I'd say that's quite liberating...

Whats dr. Cole website?

Doctor Representative 35YrsAfter's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by arturmeireles View Post
    Whats dr. Cole website?
    -35YrsAfter works at Dr. Cole's office
    Last edited by 35YrsAfter; 02-23-2015 at 09:27 AM.