Isn't the fact that there are so many bald men a prove that baldness is attractive

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • baldozer
    • Oct 2012

Isn't the fact that there are so many bald men a prove that baldness is attractive

If baldness was really a defect and unattractive to women, going by the logic of survival of the fittest it would have been phased out. But the opposite is happening, more and more men are going bald. And suprisingly, it is the male hormone that promotes it.

On the other hand, the female hormone estrogen promotes hair growth. That is why women start losing hair after reaching menopause when their estrogen receptors weaken up and testosterone level goes high. That is also when they start losing their hourglass shape of their youth.

So my point is that hairloss happen in men at their peak of reproductive age, while it happens at the end of reproductive age for women. So if nature promotes it in young men, it must be something useful, or no?

One theory that cross my mind is that maybe it happens to a man so that he sticks to his family, as he would think of himself as less attractive and stop seeking attention of other females. In this way he becomes dedicated to his family, which is vital for the survival of his family.
  • Jcm800
    • Jan 2011

It's strange really - i'm happy staying indoor's on my Ps3 - rather than going out in town these days, as i'm losing my confidence. Yet when i do go out - i see many bald/balding men, many. And lot's of them seem confident, and even have attractive women on their arm's, maybe it's not so bad afterall? But in my own mind it is, it's a damn curse.

Comment

• burtandernie
      • Nov 2012

If you think being NW 0 will make girls fall into your arms your way wrong. Lots of guys have good hair so being NW 0 just puts you back in the game but then its all the other stuff like personality that is whats important. Girls are not as simple as we are its a lot of things other then just hair, but for physical stuff hair is important. Sometimes I wonder if its actually more important then men even think it is. Most of the guys on hair transplant commercials look like they are balding even after the transplant the standards for hair loss are pretty sad right now.
      Anything less then NW 0 is balding to me and a NW 0 guy looks like he never going bald and much younger for his age.

Comment

• baldozer
        • Oct 2012

Originally posted by burtandernie
        If you think being NW 0 will make girls fall into your arms your way wrong. Lots of guys have good hair so being NW 0 just puts you back in the game but then its all the other stuff like personality that is whats important. Girls are not as simple as we are its a lot of things other then just hair, but for physical stuff hair is important. Sometimes I wonder if its actually more important then men even think it is. Most of the guys on hair transplant commercials look like they are balding even after the transplant the standards for hair loss are pretty sad right now.
        Anything less then NW 0 is balding to me and a NW 0 guy looks like he never going bald and much younger for his age.
        I agree with you on hair transplants. I have seen very few men who look better after a transplant. You should either have a full head of hair or go bald. The thinning receding look is the worst in my opinion!

Comment

• burtandernie
          • Nov 2012

Yeah anything less then NW 2 is I guess not considered MPB, but I can tell you if your NW 2 I view that guy as going bald whether hair doctors think that or not it makes your look older.
          Yeah why all the pain and money to go from badly balding to well still badly balding it doesnt look any better honestly. NW 0 looks like no balding and good why do you think justin beiber and guys like elvis so popular? They have good hair is part of it.

Comment

Working...