+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Default Why men spend so much money on hair treatment

I just shave my head and wear a goatee and look very good like that and also feel confident. So what is up with men spending thousands of money on hair treatments. Not to mention the messing up of their bodies, because no pill is without any side effects and the long term effects of drugs like propecia is not even known as nobody has been on it for more than 15 years.

Quote Originally Posted by baldozer View Post
    I just shave my head and wear a goatee and look very good like that and also feel confident. So what is up with men spending thousands of money on hair treatments. Not to mention the messing up of their bodies, because no pill is without any side effects and the long term effects of drugs like propecia is not even known as nobody has been on it for more than 15 years.
    Because we don't want to lose our hair, thus why we are here...pretty simple really. I don't take propecia though for the reasons you mentioned. How old are you? If you are so confident why are you still on this forum?

Quote Originally Posted by Breaking Bald View Post
    Because we don't want to lose our hair, thus why we are here...pretty simple really. I don't take propecia though for the reasons you mentioned. How old are you? If you are so confident why are you still on this forum?
    I am 32 and fortunately already married, maybe that is I don't care that much. The reason I am on this forum is I'm just interested in treatments that reverse baldness. That doesn't mean I will actually go for them, but maybe in future, who knows?

Though I am engineer, I am interested in the medicine field in general, have always been, and hair loss is a branch of medicine, so the reason I am here on this forum is more for curiosity and ofcourse to see if I have the option of reversing baldness in the future, not that I'm dying for it !

Yep well at 22 it has seriously affected my confidence and identity, not many people come to terms with it at all, especially the young guys like me. But good on you for shaving and getting on with it.

trust me a lot of guys care about losing their hair and even minor loss like getting NW 2 mature hairline makes you look older and worse then NW 0 guys like say Elvis. I know guys at 40 that were mistaken for being 19 because they were NW 0 at age 40.
    I think most guys would treat hair loss but honestly right now I am not sure its worth it given the big risks your taking and its expensive for pretty minimal results.
    Men are desperate to keep their hair and honestly I dont blame them it really does make a big difference in how you look and for better or worse I have seen lots of girls pick NW 0 guys over guys with hair loss. Its not all hair though other things are more important.

Quote Originally Posted by burtandernie View Post
    trust me a lot of guys care about losing their hair and even minor loss like getting NW 2 mature hairline makes you look older and worse then NW 0 guys like say Elvis. I know guys at 40 that were mistaken for being 19 because they were NW 0 at age 40.
    I think most guys would treat hair loss but honestly right now I am not sure its worth it given the big risks your taking and its expensive for pretty minimal results.
    Men are desperate to keep their hair and honestly I dont blame them it really does make a big difference in how you look and for better or worse I have seen lots of girls pick NW 0 guys over guys with hair loss. Its not all hair though other things are more important.
    A guy of 40 being mistaken for 19, really, vow! But honestly, a shaven headed look also take out years from your age. I am 32 and look like early twenties when I shave my head, LOL!

yeah it happens I mean honestly a guy that is 40 aside from hair loss what really makes a guy look older? Maybe wrinkles I guess but being NW 0 does stand out as making you look really young when most other guys are balding at NW 2 or more. Just my opinion but I guess losing your juvenile hairline is normal so I guess we cant be that lucky and you will never regrow it.

Quote Originally Posted by Breaking Bald View Post
    I'm okay with my mpb these days but I like to come here and share my thoughts and opinions because like you I started losing in my early twenties and so it became a big part of my life. I like to think this forum is for those who have accepted hair loss as well as those who aren't quite so accepting.
    Anyway I know how you feel losing it early I was in exactly the same boat and it's easier said than done to accept it but the sooner you do the better it is for you. I let it get the best of me and I wasted my twenties feeling self conscious about it and it doesn't help when you get piss taking comments. If I could turn the clock back I would have shaved it ignored the jokes and got on with my life back then. I had a friend who also lost his hair in his twenties, he shaved his head and got on with it and the guy was a pulling machine he had a new girl on his arm every time I saw him.
    I sometimes think the negative posts on these forums can make people feel worse about themselves rather than better when it's people posting about how mpb means you wont get a gf or people will look at you negatively etc when it just isn't true.
    Anyway my point is try not to go down the road I went down where I let it rob me of my twenties you'll just regret it like I do. Thankfully my thirties are a little less stressful thanks to acceptance and it feels much much better

ps: I just thought I'd add I'm 31 and despite having mpb and a shaved head am often thought to be around 26 - 27 years old

probably because they are all expensive?? if ya can find cheap transplants point me in that direction.... oh they have to be good quality also...