+ Reply to Thread

Default 20 year old balding? Please help...depressed.

Guys, I've somewhat importunately already posted a few threads of this ilk, but the panic is such that I want to present a few more pics. This time, however, my hair's wet, which should hopefully delineate my hairline a little more markedly. Apologies for how incessant I am, but I really do think I'm moving beyond a NW2/ my hair's now cosmetically unappealing. I've been taking Finpecia for 10 days without side effects; some forum users have claimed Goa (Verna Estate) Facility Finpecia is either fake or ineffective, yet finances continue to dictate economically viable choices.

The pictures don't quite capture some nuanced details. For example, both temples are sort of curved, and are continuing to curve I'd imagine, i.e. at the sides of the head. It's producing the classic MPB U-shape/horse-shoe shape in the frontal portion of my head a little too early (at 20) than I'd care for.

With this shape currently taking form, I'd guess that as a younger man, my hair loss is likely to degenerate even further in a relatively short period of time; this must be more than a mature hairline. The corners reach a depth of slightly over an inch which is consistent with mature hairline dimensions. It is, however, the current shaping of my temporal sides that concerns me. I was under the impression they remained straight or at least very intact...all this is so confusing. Do bear in mind I've always had a rather large forehead, but I definitely feel quite a deal of recession's going on notwithstanding. If you look closely, you'll see quite a few very small hairs at the hairline's edge. Although they're probably miniaturising, perhaps Finpecia's acting quickly?:P:P

Can anyone clarify/estimate the gravity of my hairloss/reassure me?:P
    Sorry for whining guys...v worried young person here...

John

PS Apologies for how unattractive the pics are:P
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG0001.jpg

Size:	31.7 KB
ID:	18676   Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG0002.jpg

Size:	31.3 KB
ID:	18677   Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG0003.jpg

Size:	30.5 KB
ID:	18678   Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG0004.jpg

ID:	18679   Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG0005.jpg

Size:	30.0 KB
ID:	18680   Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG0006.jpg

Size:	29.6 KB
ID:	18681   Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG0007.jpg

ID:	18682  

I wouldn't worry too much, I can guarantee you that no one has noticed that you are losing your hair. Just looks like a mature hairline, it might progress quickly, or slowly, no way of telling. Looking at your family history is a good place to start.

All in all, just keep an eye on it. You still have great density and quality hair.

Quote Originally Posted by Breaking Bald View Post
    I wouldn't worry too much, I can guarantee you that no one has noticed that you are losing your hair. Just looks like a mature hairline, it might progress quickly, or slowly, no way of telling. Looking at your family history is a good place to start.

All in all, just keep an eye on it. You still have great density and quality hair.
    Thank you for the reassurance 'that you are losing your hair?' Does this mean I am evidently losing it? Hmmm, no one in my family balded before their forties, though both my maternal grandfather and maternal uncle went entirely bald thereafter. We'll just have to see how things pan out, distressing though it is. Thanks once again

No problem, as a young guy I can relate. It's hard to say, mpb is completely random and unpredictable. Did you have a straight hairline beforehand? Are you sure you haven't always had a mature hairline?

If so, then you might just be developing one. Your hair may stay like that for most of life, but it might progress. Like I say there is no way of knowing. Just keep an eye on it, that's all I can say. If it gets worse consider going on meds.

Quote Originally Posted by Breaking Bald View Post
    No problem, as a young guy I can relate. It's hard to say, mpb is completely random and unpredictable. Did you have a straight hairline beforehand? Are you sure you haven't always had a mature hairline?

If so, then you might just be developing one. Your hair may stay like that for most of life, but it might progress. Like I say there is no way of knowing. Just keep an eye on it, that's all I can say. If it gets worse consider going on meds.

Nah, I've always a chunky forehead and a high hairline to be honest...definitely mature from birth, with like a sort of hairline curvature thing going on my right side:P I've never had the desirable 'juvenile' hairline. It's just now that I've spotted some more deepening of already high corners that hair loss is concerning me.

I actually started on Finpecia some 9 days ago, and am hoping to supplement this with Saw Palmetto very soon Topical treatments are deterrently messy...not my thing!