+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 9 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 ... LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by doke View Post
    Hi guys i have come across this new topical i also posted a link on the uk thread spencer and spex uk this product says it can thicken up hair in 44 days that finasteride has not been able to do i think you still have to keep using finas with it although they have said they had some success in the trials of users using on its own i myself would keep using finas there is talk of 8200 more hair there is a mens and womans formula i will post the link here for you http://www.cg210men.com
    And not one picture

there is pics of finasteride and minoxidil but still do not work in some people also where are any pics of experimental products that some are using where the only pics maybe on mice? im not saying this product is going to do anything but they have had some small trials over 12 months in france and brazil and also its been on humans not mice or anyother animals and the trial users gave it 8.2 out of 10 at the end of the trials.

there is pics of finasteride and minoxidil but still do not work in some people also where are any pics of experimental products that some are using where the only pics maybe on mice? im not saying this product is going to do anything but they have had some small trials over 12 months in france and brazil and also its been on humans not mice or anyother animals and the trial users gave it 8.2 out of 10 at the end of the trials.
    Again, with no pictures. Finasteride and Minoxidil are proven to work with documented data and pictures of before and after treatments. This is a website that says "here use this it works" and nothing more. It's snake oil that's popped up out of nowhere. If it works as well as they said it works then we would have heard about this stuff long before it appeared in bottles being sold over the internet. It's a snake oil salesman making money off the desperate and the gullible.

they maybe proven but not in my case i have mpb for over 20 years and used minox and finasteride for over 16 years and i would not say they have done a lot thats why this treatment has come along to help in conjuction with finas i also tried dutasteride for over two years with worse hair loss and even upped the dose to 2.5mgs a day and zilch hair regrowth so i have been through the mill i have tried many natural products over the years and now concluded that finasteride may halt further loss but i need something topical as well and minox did nothing for me so as said pics mean nothing to me unless they work on me.
    By the way the trials for cg210 they asked all trialists that they should not be on minoxidil or finasteride for over 5 months before the trial so the results they got may not be bad so if used with finasteride as they say it may help.

Mate, that "product" is as snake oil as it gets.

they maybe proven but not in my case i have mpb for over 20 years and used minox and finasteride for over 16 years and i would not say they have done a lot thats why this treatment has come along to help in conjuction with finas i also tried dutasteride for over two years with worse hair loss and even upped the dose to 2.5mgs a day and zilch hair regrowth so i have been through the mill i have tried many natural products over the years and now concluded that finasteride may halt further loss but i need something topical as well and minox did nothing for me so as said pics mean nothing to me unless they work on me.
    By the way the trials for cg210 they asked all trialists that they should not be on minoxidil or finasteride for over 5 months before the trial so the results they got may not be bad so if used with finasteride as they say it may help.
    But at least photographic evidence proves a product works, there is photographic evidence that minoxidil and finasteride do actually work. There is nothing to suggest that this product will work on you or anybody which it wont. The reason these people keep making money is because people read their false promises and get sold on it without thinking clearly. They see these outrageous claims and think its the miracle treatment we've all been waiting for, wise up you're wasting your time and money and lining a fraudsters pocket.

This forum ought to include a list of scam/unproven treatments along with a guide to recognizing hair loss scams. I've noticed a pattern with these things. They seem to come out of nowhere. They make very bold claims about what their product can do, but they seem to avoid engaging the mainstream media, the medical establishment, or the hair loss community. Instead, they seem to want to fly under the radar and quietly sell their "revolutionary" product. Often there are no photos, or extremely poor quality photos. There may be a guarantee, but it always turns out to be meaningless (e.g. you can get a full refund for up to 90 days, but the product is supposed to show results only after six months). The cycle is becoming so predictable.

As for CG 210:
    -Why on earth weren't men on finasteride excluded from the study, so that researchers could isolate the effects, if any, of the product?

-If in fact they did present at the last ISHRS conference, why are we only hearing about them now?

-The studies mentioned on the website involved very few participants.

-They claim it grew an average of 8200 new hairs, which if true would produce cosmetically significant results, but there are no before and after pictures.

-The product is very expensive, yet its ingredients appear to be things you could buy for pocket change at the supermarket.

Quote Originally Posted by Thinning@30 View Post
    This forum ought to include a list of scam/unproven treatments along with a guide to recognizing hair loss scams. I've noticed a pattern with these things. They seem to come out of nowhere. They make very bold claims about what their product can do, but they seem to avoid engaging the mainstream media, the medical establishment, or the hair loss community. Instead, they seem to want to fly under the radar and quietly sell their "revolutionary" product. Often there are no photos, or extremely poor quality photos. There may be a guarantee, but it always turns out to be meaningless (e.g. you can get a full refund for up to 90 days, but the product is supposed to show results only after six months). The cycle is becoming so predictable.

As for CG 210:
    -Why on earth weren't men on finasteride excluded from the study, so that researchers could isolate the effects, if any, of the product?

-If in fact they did present at the last ISHRS conference, why are we only hearing about them now?

-The studies mentioned on the website involved very few participants.

-They claim it grew an average of 8200 new hairs, which if true would produce cosmetically significant results, but there are no before and after pictures.

-The product is very expensive, yet its ingredients appear to be things you could buy for pocket change at the supermarket.
    they excluded finasteride because they wanted to trial the product on its own to see honest results i presume,and why would they say they want you to use finas in combo with cg210 if it was a scam they state that many users on finasteride on its own do not thicken hair and there topical can help with this and as i have said how many products that i have tried and show pictures of hair regrowth are a scam so they prove nothing as they can be inhanced to look good.
    And as for price its not that expensive as i have ordered 3 bottles and you get one free? many other products i have tried over the years have been a lot more expensive as i have said i do not know if this product will do anything but im willing to give it a go.
    Also this is not a in your face hi profile sales product like some out there and you are not being scamed with pics of before and after which many products do and are not worth a light.

also many on this and other forums have been scammed as i have been just look at spectral dnc i have tried everyone on there products and others have and they show no pics and ru58841 not even trialed on humans and also no pics yet many like me are desporate to try so at least with this product it was tried on humans no matter how small the amount i have also seen another web site where some guys have been using cg210 and gave it 5 stars anyway time will tell and when i receive the order i will give my honest reply and if it did do something i will know as my scalp is very thin and thats on finasteride.
    Another thing minoxidil i do not like to use as it makes hairloss worse in my case and over time does nothing,with side affects like headaches and crusty dry scalp .

Before and after photos are not meaningless. Yes, they can be manipulated, but they are still an important tool for evaluating the effectiveness of a given treatment, especially for a new product that is not undergoing three-phase clinical trials. Why can't the CG 210 folks could publish their photos (if they have any) and then let us evaluate them? 8200 new hairs should have produced some very impressive results.

The reason they are not doing more high profile sales, is because they don't want to attract the attention of legitimate hair loss experts, who might be critical of their methodology and claims.

Doke, if you are determined to do this, take your own before and after pictures and keep us posted. Of course you are desperate. Most of us here are. The scammers know this and they take advantage of it. I just hate to see that happen.