+ Reply to Thread

Default 3rd HT results after 3 weeks

Had my 3rd HT about 3 weeks ago. About 900 fut and 200 fue with about 20 trial beard hair in a 2 day session. Hair was shaved in the back which feels strange. Doc said the beard hair follicles came out straight and looked good. Was taken from the sideburn area which is now all healed. Can't see any white dots or any skin irritation. The fut scar is healing very well still with minor irritation. Fue area also healing well with just some minor irritation and itching. Some shock loss on the previous ht work but it looks like many of the new transplants are growing and have not gone dormant. This was my first fue experience and beard hair use experience. I don't think I have very much if any scalp hair left to use so fue with beard and maybe chest hair is in my future. I'm glad no more fut's because they hurt for about 2 weeks and it's hard to get a good nights sleep. If the beard hair grows in ok, we'll try some chest hair next to see how that goes. The beard hair can be used to get hair into my crown and ht scars, and the chest hair to fill in my front and sides. My ht doc is very skilled, caring, and conservative and willing to work with me and use what ever hair I have to get a reasonable outcome. This is the first time my doc is trying beard hair. The good thing about beard and body hair and fue if it works is that you don't have to wait a year between transplants. The healing is much faster so you can go back for more work much sooner which at my age is important. Hoping to get from a NW6 to an NW3-4 which for my age would be ok. Not using any minox due to bad reaction or any other meds. Just letting it grow. Hope it all works out. Played it safe and didn't go with Dr Umar's 7500 fue scalp, beard and body hair 5 day session. Couldn't afford the 60k anyway. Will post again on my progress in a while. Happy New Year to all.

Hey dude. You are from the body hair thread. Show us some pics so we can keep track of your progress.

p.s.

How long between transplants did you go?

Pictures and paragraphs.

Drybone I waited a little over 1 year between ht's 2 and 3. my first one was in the late 1970's ugly plugs to my front and crown. On this last one my ht doc was able to get about 900 fut and 200 fue. Also took about 20 beard hairs from my sideburn area and transplanted them into my right side crown as a test. Also removed and redistributed my 1970's plugs from my crown so it won't look strange anymore. We'll see how it goes. Sorry, no pics but I'll keep posting on the progress.

Hey clandestine are you a school teacher? I'm pretty sure I got most of the spelling right. As for paragraphs, I hope you were able to read and understand my post regardless. I think the content is the most important part of all of our posts.

I don't think anyone is overly fussy over grammar, it's just paragraph spacing makes it an easier read is all

Default respectfully, in my view, choosing Dr. Umar would have been playing it safe.

Quote Originally Posted by Lounk61 View Post
    Had my 3rd HT about 3 weeks ago. About 900 fut and 200 fue with about 20 trial beard hair in a 2 day session. Hair was shaved in the back which feels strange. Doc said the beard hair follicles came out straight and looked good. Was taken from the sideburn area which is now all healed. Can't see any white dots or any skin irritation. The fut scar is healing very well still with minor irritation. Fue area also healing well with just some minor irritation and itching. Some shock loss on the previous ht work but it looks like many of the new transplants are growing and have not gone dormant. This was my first fue experience and beard hair use experience. I don't think I have very much if any scalp hair left to use so fue with beard and maybe chest hair is in my future. I'm glad no more fut's because they hurt for about 2 weeks and it's hard to get a good nights sleep. If the beard hair grows in ok, we'll try some chest hair next to see how that goes. The beard hair can be used to get hair into my crown and ht scars, and the chest hair to fill in my front and sides. My ht doc is very skilled, caring, and conservative and willing to work with me and use what ever hair I have to get a reasonable outcome. This is the first time my doc is trying beard hair. The good thing about beard and body hair and fue if it works is that you don't have to wait a year between transplants. The healing is much faster so you can go back for more work much sooner which at my age is important. Hoping to get from a NW6 to an NW3-4 which for my age would be ok. Not using any minox due to bad reaction or any other meds. Just letting it grow. Hope it all works out. Played it safe and didn't go with Dr Umar's 7500 fue scalp, beard and body hair 5 day session. Couldn't afford the 60k anyway. Will post again on my progress in a while. Happy New Year to all.
    Happen to glace at your post. I have had procedures done by Dr. Umar...the last one in late April. He has such experience with head fue/ body hair/beard hair. I couldn't do another FUT. Had some bad scarring because of FUT. His work, experience and techniques have given me real hope...where I had none before. And I've been dealing with or otherwise hiding this issue for 25 years. I am so excited about what he is doing for me. I know I am in the right hands. Dr. Umar is a life changer for me. ps Please remember this is a journey that takes time and investment. My thinking is to make the thoughtful investment and you will be richly rewarded. No shortcuts out there yet. take care, wish you the best baseball cap.

Would have used Dr Umar. Was not a trust issue just too expensive. How much work did he do on you? I am presently thinking about going to Dr Arvin in India. He has the most experience in bht and is half the cost of Dr Umar.

Quote Originally Posted by Lounk61 View Post
    Would have used Dr Umar. Was not a trust issue just too expensive. How much work did he do on you? I am presently thinking about going to Dr Arvin in India. He has the most experience in bht and is half the cost of Dr Umar.
    He too might be a fine Doctor. Since you are considering beard/body hair, and another noted hair restoration Dr. suggested that you have much work to do, I also think that you should go to a Dr. that does extensive beard/body hair to head work.

For me, the number of graphs with Dr. Umar-7300 +/- to date-in the last 12.5months.

The point I am trying to make is that he can give you a real result. Yes, time and money and energy -it is all part of the process. If you provide these resources, it is my thinking that he will take care of the rest. Unfortunately, there are no shortcuts here yet. No one trick pony and the process does take time and multiple visits. I was willing to commit to it, and I am glad I did. I am in fine hands with Dr. Umar.

I'm happy that you're getting the results you wanted with Dr Umar. On my visit to him after examining me he told me he would do 7,500 grafts a combination of scalp, beard, and body hair over a 5 day period and that would be the last transplant I would have to go through. Told me not to have anymore fut done and only fuse should be done on me. I was excited about that and would have agreed to it but it was just too expensive for me. I did a lot of research on Dr Umar and like his results. I also did a lot of research on other ht docs who are experts with a lot of experience in bht work and Dr Arvind of India is highly regarded and half the cost including travel expenses. So I'm at the point of setting up an appointment to see him sometime in Dec to get work done. I was told after looking at my pics they would do fuse of over 5,000 grafts including scalp, beard, and chest hair. Wanted to stay in the states and Umar is in LA and I'm in AZ so it would have been much more convenient for me and I would have been less apprehensive but so be it. Hoping for good results. Best of luck to you in your journey.