+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 5 1 2 3 ... LastLast

Default Mature hair lines

Why is some hair loss called a "mature hairline" by some people who supposedly understand hair loss yet hair loss to a greater extent is then called MPB and changes to being considered a disease? If a mature hairline is just because most men commonly lose hair as they age then the same logic says farther norwood levels are also common and MPB is not really a problem at all then.
    How do you pick and choose at random how much hair loss is normal verses when it changes over to a treatable disease I mean it really seems made up to me and smells like BS.

I couldn't agree more. I keep hearing about the need for conservatism with hairline placement to ensure "age appropriateness". I was at the barbers yesterday and saw an elderly man with a juvenile hairline - it was white and slightly thin, but It looked perfectly natural.

I get the need to manage donar hair for future hair loss, but if someone has ample donar hair for the future and wants a more youthful hairline, I say that's his choice.

I'm not paying 10's of thousands of dollars just so I can look my age. Just my $.02.

Bingo. Not every man gets this because plenty of guys dont such as elvis, reagan, list goes on and on. I think the standards of acceptable hair loss is just set way too low. Guys on transplant commercials look like they are still balding but the commercials say they have full head of hair? I am NW 1.5 and I have had a few comments about if I am going bald so even minor loss is noticeable and its not a mature hair line yet even. Anything more then NW 0 teenage hair line is hair that was lost if you had that to begin with. Lets just at least call hair loss what it is and not try to explain it away arbitrarily. Even the balding blog guy spouts this I mean did he just invent this what scientific reasoning is there for this magic hair line he draws up? I could draw a hair line farther back in a horseshoe pattern and just say NW 7 is extra matured hairline dont worry about that its normal

even the balding blog guy spouts this i mean did he just invent this what scientific reasoning is there for this magic hair line he draws up? I could draw a hair line farther back in a horseshoe pattern and just say nw 7 is extra matured hairline don't worry about that its normal.
    lol.............

Quote Originally Posted by burtandernie View Post
    Why is some hair loss called a "mature hairline" by some people who supposedly understand hair loss yet hair loss to a greater extent is then called MPB...
    This has been asked and answered over and over and over again. Men and women have different hair lines. That is the way it is. MPB is loss that is beyond that natural and normal adult mature male hair line. This is not BS. If you want BS, you are in the wrong forum - and you need to go to another forum. This forum is about getting the truth out there. You do not want the truth. Therefore this forum is not for appropriate for you.

I do agree with Tracey.

Men of different ethnicities have different hairlines.

Just because a guy does not have the straight line juvenile hairline does not mean he is losing his hair. However there are clinics out there who will tell you are and play off this.

As this is cosmetic surgery, there are guys who would would like this, but they need to be a candidate for such.

Quote Originally Posted by chrisdav View Post
    I do agree with Tracey.

Men of different ethnicities have different hairlines.

Just because a guy does not have the straight line juvenile hairline does not mean he is losing his hair. However there are clinics out there who will tell you are and play off this.

As this is cosmetic surgery, there are guys who would would like this, but they need to be a candidate for such.
    What about me calling MPB an extra matured hairline and since MPB is common for most men (80% at some point in life) its not a disease or problem at all?
    I feel your saying a man getting a mature hairline does not have hair loss but really its the same underlying condition whether its common or not among most men is irrelevant because not every man gets it. If every single man on earth had it then I would agree with you

This link may help but it will probably be removed.

http://www.baldingblog.com/2006/10/0...d-with-photos/

I understand what it is I just am saying any hair loss past a juvenile hairline should be considered MPB. I dont agree with the distinction that some hair loss up until the mature hairline is okay and after that its MPB like he says

I understand what you mean