+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Update

Default Update

Hi i posted a while back about my hairloss, because i wasnt sure about the cause. I just wanted to update a little because ive noticed actually pretty great gains. I was saying i felt it was caused by the combination of stress, smoking cigarettes, and vitamin deficiency. I started running back when i posted every day to every other day. And i quit smoking, occasionally puff on a cigar. And taking a multi, fish oil, saw palmetto, biotin. My hair doesnt even look like im balding anymore. Even at the hairline im sprouting new hairs. My scalp color changed as well, its whiter. I remember i used to just let the stress steam build up and not really put it into anything or release it. And i feel thats the largest cause. Now i try to burn off stress with running. Also a while back i was feeling very depressed and my hands were very cold, my body temperature was low. Ive been anemic before i lost alot of weight when i was younger by starvation. And i used to get bruises very easily. And now since adding those things my body temperature is steadily warm and my hands stay warm basically all the time.

My head doesnt itch anymore either

For sure anyone who is out there and smokes. Quit smoking right away. You will notice your whole body change. And i read that smoking lowers vitamin C which lowers your bodys ability to absorb iron. Even if smoking has nothing to do with your hairloss its still a huge factor to overall health and quickens aging. To puff on ashy tubes. I see it differently than i used to, I used to see it as a needed fix, now i see it as a retarded habit, no offense and its not self righteous, but look at it, Paying 6 dollars to smoke an ashy cylinder, that if you do it properly will kill you. If you look at it from that perspective it doesnt seem cool anymore. I also find that my man unit works way better when im getting busy. And i actually have stamina running. My attitude is way better. I feel all around healthier. The hardest part was the first 2 days, i find that its much easier if you try to find a way to blunt the impact of those 2 days then its alot easier. Every day is easier

Quote Originally Posted by guygroomes12 View Post
    For sure anyone who is out there and smokes. Quit smoking right away. You will notice your whole body change. And i read that smoking lowers vitamin C which lowers your bodys ability to absorb iron. Even if smoking has nothing to do with your hairloss its still a huge factor to overall health and quickens aging. To puff on ashy tubes. I see it differently than i used to, I used to see it as a needed fix, now i see it as a retarded habit, no offense and its not self righteous, but look at it, Paying 6 dollars to smoke an ashy cylinder, that if you do it properly will kill you. If you look at it from that perspective it doesnt seem cool anymore. I also find that my man unit works way better when im getting busy. And i actually have stamina running. My attitude is way better. I feel all around healthier. The hardest part was the first 2 days, i find that its much easier if you try to find a way to blunt the impact of those 2 days then its alot easier. Every day is easier
    Smoking is just overall bad, bad news. I smoked off and on, and not due to addiction, for the better part of a decade. I typically smoked when I was working stressful, fast paced jobs such as barback/bartender. I had nil addiction (when I would get concerned about my health I would quit cold turkey, no problem). However, this last summer I was noticing my hair thinning while working as an outdoor bartender and quit that shit immediately.

I've always suffered from relatively cold hands and feet, likely due to poor circulation. As my hair deteriorated, I began to worry that poor circulation was, if not the main source, a supplemental source of weakness in my hair.

I also quit eating fast food, drinking more than one night every two weeks, not getting at least 8 hours of sleep, etc, etc. Maybe most importantly, I began drinking a ton of water every day. I feel overall healthier and happier after these changes.

Walking downtown to my job, I often see dudes with deteriorated hairlines, standing outside in 0 degree (F) weather, puffing on long cigarettes. I know I'll never be that dude now. In some sick, twisted way, even the prospect of hair loss has made me 10-fold healthier than I was even 6 months ago.

So true, Im watching my calories, going to the gym more. The only thing Im not doing is starting a routine!!

If I'm going to go bald, whenever, that may be, it will not be accompanied by an unfit body and/or a weak bank account. There's just no way.