+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 ... LastLast

Yes, but I think I'll need 1600 - 1800 to get 35 per cm2, simply because the area is so large. So I will of course be asking them to do as much as humanly possible over the next two days.

Good luck GC, hope it all goes well for you tomorrow.

Quote Originally Posted by didi View Post
    focus in on recipient as donor is pretty much proven, question is how to prove it beyond reasonable doubt

any suggestions
    There's three interesting things we can learn from gc83uk's next procedure that would pretty much settle the debate on donor regeneration:

1. Between day 1 and day 2 of his procedure, gc can take some photos of his donor. That would, hopefully, be the first time we get a clear, zoomed-in before picture. From there, we can observe which grafts HASCI extracts (on day 2) and exactly how they regenerate. For example, if a 3-hair graft is extracted, will it regenerate as a 3-hair graft in the donor. This will basically end the "graft splitting" theory that some people, like Dr. Umar, have suggested.

2. There's a high chance that HASCI will extract some of them same grafts from gc's first procedure. If gc can take a picture of the same areas from his first procedure, for the first time, we may be able to observe the survival rate of follicles which have been extracted multiple times. This could give us an idea of how expanded the donor is with HST.

3. Again, if gc can take a picture of the same areas as his first procedure, we can get a final regeneration rate from Iron_Man's original analysis.

gc, there's a couple of things I'd recommend asking tomorrow and the day after if you get the chance.

First, I know a lot of posters will ask you about the failed extractions issue, so try to note what you can about that.

Also, if you get the chance to talk to Gho personally, maybe ask him about whether his research is leading him to any interesting developments. Obviously there's some things he'll want to keep to himself, but maybe gauge his reaction on that. I've heard speculation of possibly getting more than 2 hairs from 1 with an HST-like procedure in the future, which would be incredible.

JJJrs
    it will only prove that donor regenerates fully, but

We still need to prove that extracted 3 hair graft will regenerate in donor as 3 and will grow in recipient as 3,
    beyond reasonable doubt,

you are assuming if extraced follicle completly regenerates in donor area that same folicle will fully grow in bald area, it could be that just one part grows for whatever reason even though it completly regenerated ,gho dnt extracts whole FU like fue..

people are reporting thin results so im just thinking about all possibilities which could explain why

Quote Originally Posted by didi View Post
    JJJrs
    it will only prove that donor regenerates fully, but

We still need to prove that extracted 3 hair graft will regenerate in donor as 3 and will grow in recipient as 3,
    beyond reasonable doubt,

you are assuming if extraced follicle completly regenerates in donor area that same folicle will fully grow in bald area, it could be that just one part grows for whatever reason even though it completly regenerated ,gho dnt extracts whole FU like fue..

people are reporting thin results so im just thinking about all possibilities which could explain why
    You're right, but what gc's pictures will prove, without any doubt in my mind at least, is whether the graft splitting theory has any merit and whether hair multiplication is occurring.

To get the proof you're after would probably require something like a 50-100 graft procedure. Mark both small areas in the donor and recipient and count the hairs. From their last interview, both Spencer Kobren and Dr. Gho seemed very positive about Spencer visiting the clinic over the summer. I will try my best to ask Spencer to organize and document a 50-100 graft procedure. That would be the final conclusive proof we need.

Generally, I try to look at HST from a bigger perspective. Right now, there's still some flaws (i.e., the amount of time and money required for a full restoration for those at an advanced stage of hair loss, possible artistic considerations and the density of recipient results) but there's no doubt in my mind that this is the most promising hair loss treatment right now. We're very close to getting conclusive proof of hair multiplication for the first time ever which is amazing! I definitely believe the technology can only improve in the following years and some of the flaws I just listed will be significantly minimized.

At the moment, my focus is on getting as much evidence as possible. I want us to get to the point where we can all discuss HST in the same way we do FUT and FUE. Of course, I would also like to hear from as many patients as possible and see as many photos of the recipient area results as we can.

The end goal should be to get HST standardized across the entire industry. With the scarring and limited donor supply, traditional hair transplants are simply a dead-end for a lot of people. With HST, the amount of butchered patients will be massively diminished and the more surgeons working on and with HST, the more innovations we'll see.

'I will try my best to ask Spencer to organize and document a 50-100 graft procedure. That would be the final conclusive proof we need.'

Thats exactly what we need and it will only cost about $700, use your credibility to influence Spencer, he is kind of guy you need to push to get things done

its really simple, cheap process and it will be final proof

Quote Originally Posted by 534623 View Post
    That's nice, but seriously - WTF has that got to do in a "Donor Densities & Safe Zone" discussion topic?

This thread just deals with "Donor Densities & Safe Zone" topics - but NO, now we have another "I don't know what is what and whether or not Dr. Gho's technique works" mix thread.
    It has absolutely nothing to do with it, just cba creating a new thread. Is that ok your majesty?

GC

How did you go with HSi, how many grafts

any news, rumors

you need to calm down a bit, you are overreacting again