+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast

Also, if you are only 5'8", that's nothing to be ashamed of, most men in the general public are probably about that height.

"It's that or live with permanent disfigurement".

I wouldn't go that far. If you got disfigured, you would happily change back to your previous health with balding no doubt.

Quote Originally Posted by itsmyhairs View Post
    You make a good point, older guys look quite normal with little or no hair.

But particularly on a young face, hairloss is a disfigurement.
    Friend of mine is almost completely bald, he used to be a good looking guy, get lots of girls, after he lost his hair it just doesn't happen anymore.

Hair frames your face and almost anyone looks better with hair than without.

People treat you differently as well, whether they do it knowingly or not is another matter, but people WILL treat you different if you're bald.
    You'll be the butt of jokes, probably mostly harmless banter, but you'll also get real assholes saying stuff.

Unless of course you're 6.2" and built to the max, then no one's saying squat.
    The rest of us 5.8" hobbits however, aren't so lucky.

I always thought if I was like 3 or 4 inches taller then being bald wouldn't be so bad.

And to the people saying I'm highlandar, I'm not, I've read his posts though.
    Really uplifting stuff...
    You need to look up what disfigurement means in the dictionary, according to you then nearly 30% of men are disfigured by age 30 and 70% by age 80, People do not treat you differently, my mates still act like my mates and my family still treat me like I'm family and my girlfriend still comes to bed with me, if you're talking about the randoms you meet then who cares what they think.

I found that everyone could see I was balding maybe 3-4 months after it started, even though my hair wasn't barely gone at all at the time.

Maybe any doubt they had didn't matter because my older brother was clearly balding so everyone probably thought it would happen to me, and it did.

Quote Originally Posted by sp8rky View Post
    Also, if you are only 5'8", that's nothing to be ashamed of, most men in the general public are probably about that height.
    I stand 5.8" and maybe 5.9" in shoes and I'm still shorter than most of my friends.
    That's pretty short by european standards, perhaps in the orient I'd be average height.

And yeah people treat you different, doors close to you when you're bald.
    Unless you're already married or in a stable relationship getting laid is going to be harder.
    You won't be as 'cool' either, so unless you're naturally extroverted then you're really in a rut.

We can all tell ourselves we're just as attractive with less/no hair, but for the vast majority of us that's just not true.
    Sorry to be a killjoy guys.

Itsmyhairs; Perception absolutely dictates subjective reality.

I stand 5.8" and maybe 5.9" in shoes and I'm still shorter than most of my friends.
    That's pretty short by european standards, perhaps in the orient I'd be average height.

Unless you're already married or in a stable relationship getting laid is going to be harder.
    You won't be as 'cool' either, so unless you're naturally extroverted then you're really in a rut.

We can all tell ourselves we're just as attractive with less/no hair, but for the vast majority of us that's just not true.

Im single, Im perhaps 5"9-5"10. Yeah Ill admit life isn't the greatest, I've been single for a while, still live at home etc etc.

BUT, 1) I got over my height, it can't be changed whether we like it or not.

2) With OR without hair, I've learnt some girls will like me, some won't I expect with no hair, the ratios will change, but I know if I reach that point, I will be in a successful position.

Sorry to be a killjoy, but I just don't have the time to be as depressed as you.

Im single, Im perhaps 5"9-5"10. Yeah Ill admit life isn't the greatest, I've been single for a while, still live at home etc etc.

BUT, 1) I got over my height, it can't be changed whether we like it or not.

2) With OR without hair, I've learnt some girls will like me, some won't I expect with no hair, the ratios will change, but I know if I reach that point, I will be in a successful position.

Sorry to be a killjoy, but I just don't have the time to be as depressed as you.

At NW3 a close haircut looks best on most guys. I've picked that up from women...they don't say NW3, but they prefer a close haircut to shaving or even buzzing on say more more than 50% coverage because they are sensual and like something to run their fingers through during intimacy.

If it gets to nw4 I'd say buzzing down close is most appropriate and at nw6 its time to embrace the skullet as I intend to

Inactive

Quote Originally Posted by The Diaz Brothers View Post
    At NW3 a close haircut looks best on most guys. I've picked that up from women...they don't say NW3, but they prefer a close haircut to shaving or even buzzing on say more more than 50% coverage because they are sensual and like something to run their fingers through during intimacy.

If it gets to nw4 I'd say buzzing down close is most appropriate and at nw6 its time to embrace the skullet as I intend to
    Surely, you can't be serious....
    You think this looks better than a shaved head? Lmao