NW3 is the tipping point

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • clandestine
    • Aug 2011

Itsmyhairs; Perception absolutely dictates subjective reality.

Comment

• Exodus
      • Nov 2012

Originally posted by itsmyhairs
      I stand 5.8" and maybe 5.9" in shoes and I'm still shorter than most of my friends.
      That's pretty short by european standards, perhaps in the orient I'd be average height.

And yeah people treat you different, doors close to you when you're bald.
      Unless you're already married or in a stable relationship getting laid is going to be harder.
      You won't be as 'cool' either, so unless you're naturally extroverted then you're really in a rut.

We can all tell ourselves we're just as attractive with less/no hair, but for the vast majority of us that's just not true.
      Sorry to be a killjoy guys.

Im single, Im perhaps 5"9-5"10. Yeah Ill admit life isn't the greatest, I've been single for a while, still live at home etc etc.

BUT, 1) I got over my height, it can't be changed whether we like it or not.

2) With OR without hair, I've learnt some girls will like me, some won't I expect with no hair, the ratios will change, but I know if I reach that point, I will be in a successful position.

Sorry to be a killjoy, but I just don't have the time to be as depressed as you.

Comment

• Exodus
        • Nov 2012

I stand 5.8" and maybe 5.9" in shoes and I'm still shorter than most of my friends.
        That's pretty short by european standards, perhaps in the orient I'd be average height.

And yeah people treat you different, doors close to you when you're bald.
        Unless you're already married or in a stable relationship getting laid is going to be harder.
        You won't be as 'cool' either, so unless you're naturally extroverted then you're really in a rut.

We can all tell ourselves we're just as attractive with less/no hair, but for the vast majority of us that's just not true.
        Sorry to be a killjoy guys.

Im single, Im perhaps 5"9-5"10. Yeah Ill admit life isn't the greatest, I've been single for a while, still live at home etc etc.

BUT, 1) I got over my height, it can't be changed whether we like it or not.

2) With OR without hair, I've learnt some girls will like me, some won't I expect with no hair, the ratios will change, but I know if I reach that point, I will be in a successful position.

Sorry to be a killjoy, but I just don't have the time to be as depressed as you.

Comment

• The Diaz Brothers
          • Jan 2013

At NW3 a close haircut looks best on most guys. I've picked that up from women...they don't say NW3, but they prefer a close haircut to shaving or even buzzing on say more more than 50% coverage because they are sensual and like something to run their fingers through during intimacy.

If it gets to nw4 I'd say buzzing down close is most appropriate and at nw6 its time to embrace the skullet as I intend to

Comment

• Aames
            Inactive
            • Nov 2012

Originally posted by The Diaz Brothers
            At NW3 a close haircut looks best on most guys. I've picked that up from women...they don't say NW3, but they prefer a close haircut to shaving or even buzzing on say more more than 50% coverage because they are sensual and like something to run their fingers through during intimacy.

If it gets to nw4 I'd say buzzing down close is most appropriate and at nw6 its time to embrace the skullet as I intend to
            Surely, you can't be serious....
            You think this looks better than a shaved head? Lmao

Comment

• Conpecia
              • Sep 2011

I always thought if I was like 3 or 4 inches taller then being bald wouldn't be so bad.
              I'm 6'7 and NW2.5 but I have insanely thick hair so no one can tell yet. Still get a lot of attention from women but honestly it makes the worrying that much worse when you're so tall because everybody notices you, always. I also think handsome men have a unique problem in that they're always expected to look good and it's a huge fall from grace to go bald. I go from an 8 or 9 to a 6 or 7 with a shaved head. Sucks. Finally, bald headed giants are typecast as intimidating goons, and that just doesn't fit my personality at all.

Can't have it all I guess... being tall is for the most part awesome though.

Comment

• Breaking Bald
                • Aug 2012

I've got a mate who's 6'8! Crazily tall, and I get what you are saying about tall and handsome people. I always thought being that tall would be a bit of a nuisance?

Comment

• Ted
                  • May 2011

I had a nw2 for quite awhile and got girls now and then. Now I got a nw3 and get girls all the time. I'm 29 and the girls are ~22. I think they like that I look abit older.

5.7 tall

Comment

• itsmyhairs
                    • Dec 2012

Originally posted by Conpecia
                    I'm 6'7 and NW2.5 but I have insanely thick hair so no one can tell yet. Still get a lot of attention from women but honestly it makes the worrying that much worse when you're so tall because everybody notices you, always. I also think handsome men have a unique problem in that they're always expected to look good and it's a huge fall from grace to go bald. I go from an 8 or 9 to a 6 or 7 with a shaved head. Sucks. Finally, bald headed giants are typecast as intimidating goons, and that just doesn't fit my personality at all.

Can't have it all I guess... being tall is for the most part awesome though.
                    Jesus man, 6.7"?

At least no one is ever going to make jokes about your hair though...

Comment

• Jcm800
                      • Jan 2011

Originally posted by Ted
                      I had a nw2 for quite awhile and got girls now and then. Now I got a nw3 and get girls all the time. I'm 29 and the girls are ~22. I think they like that I look abit older.

5.7 tall
                      You take trx2 dont you?

Comment

• BigThinker
                        • Oct 2012

Originally posted by Ted

5.7 tall
                        It's all about that presentation, and presentation goes beyond hair (though it is definitely a plus).

Comment

• clandestine
                          • Aug 2011

I feel presentation in many of our cases to be hindered by genetic predisposition.

Comment

• BigThinker
                            • Oct 2012

Originally posted by clandestine
                            I feel presentation in many of our cases to be hindered by genetic predisposition.
                            True story

Comment

• drybone
                              • Dec 2012

Originally posted by Ktownmatti
                              I think itsmyhairs makes is valid point. Most people not obsessed by hair loss perceive NW 2's as still having a full head of hair. I'm a NW 2 and my gf can't fathom why I'm so obsessed w hair loss. "You have a full head of hair!" She protests whenever I bring it up or talk about shaving my head.

Categorizing NW 3's or worse as "disfigured" is perhaps a bit much tho
                              Women are notorious for this. She wouldnt tell you if you were going bald or not. She would deny it.

Just like no matter how much she balloons out, she aint looking fat in that dress.

Comment

• shadpro
                                • Dec 2012

Testing new for

Comment

Working...