+ Reply to Thread

Default Looking for Advice

Happy New Year all.

I've been reading these forums for quite a while but have only now joined to get some advice. I'm 20 and a half, and have had hair loss concerns for around 6 months. I'm looking for any kind of advice or comments, and would be very grateful for either. Here's the gist of the story:

Last summer I was aware of thinning hair at my vortex and potentially a developing bald spot. I became very anxious and obsessive, and already being very stressed at the time (having returned from a long spell abroad), spent a great deal of time every day worrying about it. I went to my GP, who told me it was only naturally a bit thinner, and gave me some T-Gel for a tingling sensation I had in the area. After a couple of weeks, I noticed I was starting to shed hairs for the first time, something which has continued to various degrees ever since. (Only in the last couple of months have I considered that it was the T-Gel, and not stress, that might've initiated this shed.) I went to see a different GP, and then another, both of whom dismissed my hair loss and were more concerned with my anxiety (fair enough, they meant well).

About 3 months ago I started applying Regaine foam, not in a very strict schedule, and recently switched to a generic Minox liquid, applying it a little to my temples – which have receded a little, but perhaps only in a mature hairline way – and a more general rubbing into my scalp. Yet to notice results. The shedding has come and gone; it's never been as bad as it was around August, before any kind of treatment. I also use Nizoral about once a week.

My hair has certainly generally thinned in the last year, but currently it's not quite noticeable when it's dry. I've attached a photo of the back of my head after I took a shower. My plan is to keep up minoxidil, a little around the temples and then a more general application. I guess I'm also half expecting a recovery from the terrible shed I experienced around September.

I was wondering whether any of you guys have experienced a quite severe itch on your scalp? After I've done exercise, the itch is almost painful. What could this be?

Thank you very much for reading, and I'd appreciate any input.

Jack
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	hair.jpg

Size:	18.4 KB
ID:	18634  
    Last edited by jackbenson56; 01-09-2013 at 05:02 AM. Reason: Edited photo